1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Is the Warning Imminent?

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by padraig, Jun 20, 2014.

?

Is the Warning Imminent?

1. Yes it is.

59.5%
  2. No ,it is still a way off.

12.9%
  3. I have not got a clue.

27.6%
  1. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

LittleVoice,

I am only a little familiar with St. Malachy's prophecies of the popes and even if they are authentic I don't believe that he stated that the 113th is the Antichrist. He does not have his list of popes numbered but there are 112 and the descriptions which he gave his popes have been applied to the last 111 popes (the first 77 lived before or during his life time), the last 34 prophecies may have been correctly applied or maybe not.

So if his last pope, the 112th, follows directly after his 111th pope which many people believe describe Pope Benedict, then his last one would be Pope Francis but many people also believe that there may be several popes in between his 111th and his 112th pope. In addition, there are many other approved Catholic prophecies which have yet to come to fruition. Maybe, similar to the Garabandal seers who appear to have prophesized the beginning of the end of times, St. Malachy's prophecies of the popes lead us up to the end of times. This is what I found that St. Malacy stated about the 112th(?) pope,

In persecutione extrema S.R.E. sedebit.

Petrus Romanus, qui pascet oves in multis tribulationibus, quibus transactis civitas septicollis diruetur, & judex tremendus judicabit populum suum. Finis.

This may be translated into English as:

In the final persecution of the Holy Roman Church, there will sit [i.e., as bishop].
    Peter the Roman, who will pasture his sheep in many tribulations, and when these things are finished, the city of seven hills [i.e.
    Rome] will be destroyed, and the dreadful judge will judge his people. The End.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophecy_of_the_Popes

I am not certain exactly how to interpret that prophecy but maybe the "final persecution of the Holy Roman Church" refers to the entire end of times from the time immediately preceding the Warning until the End and possibly there will be many Peter the Romans as there have been for almost the past 2,000 years. Also, Saint Hildegard was given many visions of the Five Ages of the End Times, which will apparently be a very special period of time in human history. Maybe these five ages are summed up in Saint Malachy's last prophecy for the Church which stands out differently from his other brief descriptions for a past, present or future pope.

In addition, I really don't think that God would give us a prophecy which points directly to who the Antichrist is or directly to the time of the Antichrist, imho.

That is a very interesting observation that you made about "1260 days" though, along with the number of synods. I never read that the Bishop Synod on the Family was the 112th synod, can you provide a link to that information? Would the 2018 synod on Young People, the Faith and Vocational Discernment be the 113th?

Thank you, very interesting.

2. LittleVoice

LittleVoice WOE WOE WOE

111th Gloria olivae
    112th In persecutione extrema S.R.E. sedebit.,
    Up to this pope there are no verbs used. Therefore he "sedebit" (will sit) on the papal throne, but I suppose he won't be true pope, he would only seem to be a pope.
    113th Petrus Romanus, qui pascet oves in multis tribulationibus, quibus transactis civitas septicollis diruetur, & judex tremendus judicabit populum suum. Finis.
    Again the verb... and 'In multis tribulationes' is ablative! Not during the tribulations, but in (on) them. Not in a sweet meadow like Good Shepard, but in tribulations like Bad Shepard (Antichrist). Petrus Romanus was a contemporary of st Malachy. He is known as heretic antipope (antichrist) Anacletus II.

and when these things are finished, the city of seven hills [Catholic Church] will be destroyed (Rev 11,7-9; Dan 12,11-12), and the dreadful judge will judge his people. The End.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    Byron likes this.
  3. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

LittleVoice,

I came across a wonderful analysis of this prophecy from Saint Malachy by a Fr. David R. Belland today. Although it is a bit lengthy, I thought that you might be interested in reading through it.

[​IMG]
    Fr. David R. Belland
    Romulus2 months ago
    Another example of a "questioned" prophecy is that of St. Malachy. But let's take a look at that prophecy, and maybe it can lend support to the prophecy of St. Francis.

Of course, there has been discussion in recent times as to the authenticity of the vision witnessed by St. Malachy, but there is nothing to disprove it absolutely, and it does seem to be accurate as to the names and description of 111 historically recorded Popes, including 10 anti-Popes, whom he foresaw. Pope Benedict, XVI was #111 and the last Pope listed in the prophecy before Peter the Roman—the 112th Pope--who was to reign at the end of the world. Given the matter under discussion an attempt to provide a defense of the authenticity of the Vision of St. Malachy will be made. I give the following reasons (1 to 4 below) but first a little background is necessary which hopefully encourages one to consider the validity of St. Malachy’s prophecy:

In an article found on 1P5 by Maike Hickson on 28 June 2016 (report of an Interview with Paul Badde entitled, Archbishop Gänswein on Benedict, The Two Popes, and Prophecy), Mrs. Hickson quotes Archbishop Gänswein saying that he “agrees with Paul Badde that the prophecy of St. Malachy, according to which Pope Francis is apparently to be the last pope, is quite probable. He admits that, by studying this question, also in relation to historical facts, ‘I get a little bit afraid’. Gänswein even describes this prophecy as a ‘wake-up call.'” I don’t know what Dom Gänswein means by saying that “Pope Francis is apparently the last Pope”, since he is aware that Benedict is the 265th Pope, after which Peter the Roman is listed by St. Malachy as the last Pope before the end of time. Perhaps he means that Francis is Peter the Roman—I don’t know, but one can bet that Dom Gänswein wasn't going to suggest publicly that Francis is an anti-Pope or say that St. Malachy was wrong.

1) Catholic Internet Apologist Mr. Jimmy Akin, attacking the position that St. Malachy's prophecy was lost in the Vatican archives for many years, a position perhaps commonly held by many, argues that "This explanation is possible in principle, but the fact that we cannot establish its existence for hundreds of years until after its supposed author’s death is also consistent with the claim that it was a forgery composed around 1590 and then 'salted' into the archive. ('Salting' is the term used for planting false records in archives.)" [Quoted in a commentary on 1P5 by Steve Skojec on 28 June 2016 Like a Bad Penny, The St. Malachy Prophecy.] To draw the conclusion that because the existence had not been established for ca. 450 years, therefore it is a forgery or its 450 years of silence is consistent with the claim that it was a forgery is absolute nonsense--logically it does not follow. As one individual asked, would anyone question the authenticity of the findings by archeologists considered hundreds of years old as forgeries just because there were buried for however many years? There is also the case of the tomb containing the body of St. Philomena, which lay hidden in the Catacombs for about 1500 years, but who was included in the Church’s liturgical calendar—until the ‘60s. Furthermore, in the case of the prophecy of St. Malachy, where is there any, and I mean any, positive factual evidence of forgery?! Such is never brought forward.

2) If the prophecy of St. Malachy is a fraud, it would make the Catholic Church
    look pretty ridiculous since, as is commonly held, She has authorized the permanent enshrinement of that prophecy in one of the most famous Basilicas of Rome, St. Paul's Outside the Walls. What I have been able to ascertain is that a certain number of niches, where portraits of Popes could be placed, had initially been created based on St. Malachy’s prophecy, i.e., 265 niches. It is evident, however, according to various reports on the internet that slots or niches are currently being added, supposedly some 25 more in order to prevent sensationalist predictions about the end of the world. When the Church is so careful in approving apparitions, sometimes taking decades, is She going to be indifferent, less vigilant or careless when She allows such a prophesy to be enshrined at St. Paul's, a Church under the nose of the Holy Office?

3) Also, according to the Old Catholic Encyclopedia (under Prophecy), Cornelius a Lapide the great commentator on Sacred Scripture, actually uses the Prophecy of St. Malachy in his "commentary 'On the Gospel of John' (C. xvi) and 'On the Apocalypse' (Cc xvii-xx)". If this well respected Scripture Scholar deems it worthy to believe in the authenticity of that Prophecy, I think it is going to take much more than sloppy logic to prove its being forged or spurious.

4) When Pope Benedict was elected, he was considered the 265th Pope of the Catholic Church. The Prophecy of St. Malachy starting with Celestine II listed 112 Popes including 10 anti- Popes, the last mentioned being Pope Petrus Romanus, which will, according to the Prophecy be the Pope at the end of the world. Between the 111th Pope (Pope Benedict) and Petrus Romanus, therefore, if there should be a span of time between Benedict and Petrus Romanus, there could be any number of Popes. Now the Pope just before Pope Celestine II, the first Pope of St. Malachy’s vision, was Pope Innocent II, the 164th Pope and Celestine II then being the 165th Pope. If 111 Popes are added to 164 (Pope Innocent II) and the10 anti- Popes deducted we would be presently at Pope #266, i.e., including Francis if he is in fact a true Pope.

continued...

SgCatholic likes this.
  4. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

continued from above...

However, in Malachy's Prophecy the Pope before Peter the Roman is given the epithet “Gloria olivae” (the glory of the olive, the olive being a sign of victory and peace), which is understood to be and accepted as describing Pope Benedict. Since St. Malachy indicated that Peter the Roman would be the last Pope, it cannot be that he would follow Benedict!!! Why? Because Our Lady promised an era of peace to the world following the Consecration of Russia to Mary’s Immaculate Heart. THIS HAS NOT BEEN DONE, as some have so ardently argued and which has been demonstrated over and over again by Fr. Gruner and other Fatima experts!!! The era of peace is yet to come.

Furthermore, it can be said that there is a reasonable and important explanation why St. Malachy made no mention of any immediate successor(s) to Pope Benedict, Petrus Romanum reigning only at the END of the World. And what could this explanation be? Accepting that this prophecy did come from heaven and knowing that it is from heaven that creation is guided, can it be doubted that in the Providence of God it (the Prophecy) is an indication that both the Church and the world are moving into a new era. This is not only suggested by St. Malachy's prophecy, but also by science. We are at on the verge of that change from the Zodiac sign of Pices to that of the Age of Aquarius. This is not astrology, this is astronomy and much more could be said about this.

In summary it cannot be stated that a true Pope could not follow Benedict, nor is there a necessity that an anti-Pope be "reign". However, given his extraordinary action on 11 February 2013, when Benedict renounced the “exercise” of the Papal Office, he intended to retain the Petrine Office, as I have shown in other essays. He therefore is still THE Pope, in a situation analogous to a Pope in hiding or a Pope in captivity, and while he lives no Conclave can elect another valid Pope. In addition, we must admit at least the possibility that Benedict maintained Petrine Office based on what he knows about that part of the Third Secret which hasn't yet been revealed.

If this is in reality the case, i.e., that Benedict is the true Pope, that reality along with the other reasons set forth above certainly argue for the possibility that Malachy's prophecy is in fact authentic. But allow me to present briefly a clearer picture of how the situation in the Church not only conforms with St. Malachy's prophecy, but confirms it, AS WELL AS CONFIRMS THE PROPHECY OF ST. FRANCIS.

Now, The Catholic Encyclopedia teaches that "The gift of Indefectibility is expressly promised to the Church by Christ, in the words in which He declares that the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. It is manifest that, could the storms which the Church encounters SO SHAKE IT as to alter its essential characteristics and make it other than Christ intended it to be, the gates of hell, i.e., THE POWERS OF EVIL, WOULD HAVE PREVAILED. It is clear, too, that could the Church suffer substantial change, it would no longer be an instrument capable of accomplishing the work for which God called it into being. He established it that it might be to all men the school of holiness. This it would cease to be if ever it could set up a false and corrupt moral standard. He established it to proclaim His revelation to the world, and charged it to warn all men that unless they accepted that message they must perish everlastingly.…"

It can hardly be said that Francis is building up the Church; on the contrary, he is destroying the Mystical Body of Christ, methodically turning the Institution founded by Christ for the salvation of souls into an organization (One World Religion?) for the damnation of souls. He is doing this not by directly and formally teaching heresy, but by changing the belief of the members of the Church through a change in practice. And it is the practice, the "lex orandi/lex vitandi, i.e., the liturgy and morals, that is the concern of Indefectibility--while Infallibility concerns teaching as such. Francis is in fact making a mockery of Our Lord's promise to Peter at Caesarea Philippi that "the gates of hell shall not prevail against It-the Church. Could it be that Benedict, given the knowledge he had from his 25+ years as Prefect of the CDF and 8 years as Pope as well as the contents of the Third Secret, was aware of the plans of the homosexual Lobby and the St. Gallen Mafia, and maintained the Petrine Office in order to preserve intact the promise of Our Lord to Peter?

AED and SgCatholic like this.
  5. Richard67

Richard67 Powers

I’m on the fence with regard to Garabandal, but I heard it said that the event of the Warning begins with the letter “A.” Just throwing this out there: could it refer to Assassination? We know ISIS has threatened our Holy Father and ISIS and the libturds have threatened to kill Trump.

garabandal likes this.
  6. Byron

Byron Archangels

Asesinato in Spanish.

7. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

PS- Emmett O'Regan appears in the video beginning at around the 12min mark. I really think that the Irish members will enjoy this video if you haven't seen it already or anyone with Irish ancestry.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    HeavenlyHosts and David Healy like this.
  8. AED

AED Powers

Just a heads up—Tom Horn is somewhat anti-Catholic as is Joseph Farrah of WND. Farrah left the Church to join theEvangelicals. So be mindful of this and consider the lens they are using to interpret events.

9. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

AED, Thank you for the heads up for me and anyone else who views that video.

I think the video is very well done, imho, and it taught me some things I did not know about Saint Malachy and Ireland but I did notice a comment about Tom Horn on the video's comment section. I think that I wouldn't suggest that people buy his book but I forget if I heard anything startling in the video. Maybe the discussion of the False Prophet but this nothing that hasn't been discussed on the forum already. I think that they raise the same questions and uncertainties that most of us have about the 112th Pope and the 113th Pope, etc. Nothing really new about the guesses in the video but I really like the history included on Saint Malachy, Saint Bernard and the history of the Church during this time, including the history of the prophecy itself. I liked it so much, I may watch it again.:)

HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  10. Dolours

Dolours Powers

I had never heard of the prophecy of the popes before the resignation of Pope Benedict, so here's one Catholic who wasn't hanging on every word of it and neither was anyone I know. Most Catholics I know (and most people I know are baptised Catholics) probably still haven't heard of it.

Worried about the way things are going in the Church, I decided to find out where St. Malachy is buried and go say a prayer at his gravesite so I started reading up on him. Turns out that he's buried in Clairvaux so I'll visit the ruins of Mellifont Abbey instead. Mellifont was Ireland's first Cistersian abbey and St. Malachy and, under St. Malachy's direction, was a kind of replica of Clairvaux.

It's fairly obvious that some of those Americans on the video have an anti-Catholic agenda and some of their comments are simply ridiculous. For example, no Catholic has ever believed that the Anti-Christ will be a Pope. That was a Martin Luther invention to justify his rebellion. It is true that the False Prophet could be a high ranking prelate, most likely a Bishop or Cardinal who could possibly deceive even a Pope. (I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that some Catholics at the time of the Reformation perceived Luther himself to be the False Prophet or even the Anti-Christ.) One of them said that St. Malachy's vision was preceded by his shock at seeing the grandeur of the Vatican. The truth is that St. Malachy was a strong supporter of Pope Innocent 11. There has been a trend here among Protestants and some fallen away or cafeteria Catholics to portray early Irish Catholicism as almost entirely separate from and independent of Rome. I have seen some efforts to portray it as almost a different Church dating back to the days of St. Patrick. What St. Malachy did was wrest the control of monasteries from lay abbots and in doing so he faced strong opposition from some local chieftains. That bald man in the dark grey suit sounds more like a freemason than a Christian. He somehow managed to include pagan prophecies in his summary as though the one true God would give revelations about the second coming of His son to worshippers of false gods. I'm always amused at Protestants pointing to the Vatican when talking about the AC and Rome (the city of seven hills) when the Vatican is not located on one of those seven hills. As far as I know, Jerusalem is also a city of seven hills.

Anyway, when reading up on St. Malachy I came across some information which Littlevoice had referred to concerning Peter the Roman. Pope Innocent 11 to whom St. Malachy is alleged to have given the prophecy faced a challenge from an anti-Pope Anacletus 11. Anacletus was, indeed, Peter the Roman and Littlevoice's theory that the final Pope in the prophecy will be an anti-Pope could well be an accurate interpretation of the prophecy (if the prophecy is authentic). That would fit with the alleged prophecy of St. Francis of Assisi about the destroyer Pope. Here's the New Advent page about Anacletus 11 (Peter the Roman): http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/01447a.htm

I'll make that trip to Mellifont as soon as the weather improves.

11. AED

AED Powers

Thankyou for that information Dolours. What a lovely place Mellifont Abbey must be. I'm going to look it up.

12. LittleVoice

LittleVoice WOE WOE WOE

I found protestant prophecy about the Warning (from Ellen White): The atmosphere parted and rolled back; then we could look up through the open space in Orion, whence came the voice of God. The Holy City will come down through that open space.

I compared it with Amos 5,8.17
    The one who made the Pleiades and Orion, into dawn and darkens day into night - the Lord is his name...
    Woe to you who long for the day of the Lord!
    What will the day of the Lord be for you?
    It will be darkness and not light.

And again with the Third Secret of Fatima:
    We saw an Angel with a flaming sword in his left hand; flashing, it gave out flames that looked as though they would set the world on fire.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Orion constellation is visible only in Winter, what is the time of the Warning according to Marie Julie Jahenny.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018 at 1:34 PM
    Byron likes this.
  13. Dolours

Dolours Powers

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  14. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

Dolours, That is very sad about Clairvaux.

A new abbey was built at Mellifont though. It is pictured at the bottom and the ruins from the first abbey are pictured at the top,

[​IMG]

HISTORY

Old Mellifont Abbey

In 1142, the first Cistercians came to Ireland at the invitation of St Malachy, archbishop of Armagh. He had visited the famous monastery of Clairvaux on a journey to Rome and, impressed by what he found there, asked St Bernard, the abbot, to train some of his companions in the monastic way of life. These monks, together with some ten other French monks, became the founders of old Mellifont Abbey, about two miles from Monasterboice. The site was donated by O’Carroll, chieftain of Oriel.

The monastery flourished and founded several other Cistercian houses in Ireland. Monastic life continued there until King Henry VIII’s suppression of the monasteries in 1539.

Today the ruins of Old Mellifont are in the care of Heritage Ireland, with an informative Visitor Centre. See their web page here.

(More details on the history of Old Mellifont can be found on the Archdiocese of Armagh website here.)

New Mellifont Abbey

In 1938, at the invitation of Cardinal McRory, the monks of Mount Melleray Abbey in Co. Waterford founded a new monastery at “Oriel Temple”, Collon, on lands which had been part of the property of Mellifont Abbey four hundred years before.

Successors to the monks of Old Mellifont, inheritors of the teaching and example of St Bernard, the present community continues to live Cistercian life in the archdiocese of Armagh, a living, praying community whose life bears fruit for the locality and for all the world.

[​IMG]
    http://www.mellifontabbey.ie/history/

15. Dolours

Dolours Powers

I knew that there were Cistercian monks nearby but didn't realise they had a proper monastery.

I'm looking forward to having a wander around the ruins of Mellifont. It isn't far from Drogheda where St. Oliver Plunkett's head is kept. St. Oliver Plunkett was a successor to St. Malachy as Archbishop of Armagh and, the last martyr victim of the Popish Plot, was hanged, drawn and quartered in London. Gruesome though his death was, for me the saddest part of the martyrdom of St. Oliver was that all the prosecution's witnesses were Irish - two of them former Franciscan priests. He had refused to accept them for the priesthood so they went to Spain or France where they were accepted and ordained by the Franciscans.

16. Advocate

Advocate New Member

In my opinion, The prophecies of St. Malachy are a countdown, in terms of popes, to the beginning of the "end of a time" as was stated at Garabandal. Remember the list of Popes given by Conchita. I am sure Glenn can help with this. Accordong to Albrecht Weber:

Albrecht Weber, the author of the book “The Finger of God“, had become involved in Garabandal in 1963 and became friendly with Conchita. On November 14, 1965, the day after the last apparition of Our Lady in Garabandal, Mr. Weber interviewed Conchita at her home in the presence of her mother. There was also present with Mr. Weber an interpreter. During that interview, it came out that when Conchita had spoken, on the very day that Pope John XXIII died, of “Three more Popes and then would come the end of the times,” her mother had asked her several questions.
    In response to one of her mother’s questions, Conchita responded that Our Lady had actually said that there would be FOUR MORE POPES but that She was not counting one of them. When Conchita’s mother heard that she strictly forbade Conchita to repeat that again as her mother feared there would be erroneous interpretations and much gossip. People might wrongly believe that one of the Popes might be false or bad, etc. During that conversation with her mother, Conchita also said that Our Lady had told her that one of the Popes would have a very short reign.

I think that according to Glenn, he believes the correct way to count the four Popes is as follows:

1. Paul VI
    2. John Paul I
    3. John Paul II
    4. Benedict XVI

And now we are on Pope Francis (Petrus Romanus). This would indicate that both St. Malachy and Conchita of Garabandal agree. This would also indicate that The Warning is near and the destruction of Rome.

17. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

I have gone back and forth on both the prophecy attributed to St. Malachy as well as Garabandal. I just have to say though it is extremely interesting to note that they both seem to end with Pope Benedict. If one or both of these are untrue it is an amazing coincidence that they end at the precise time they do. More so for the older prophecy attributed to St. Malachy since that had to go through hundreds of years to end at the exact reign of Pope Benedict XVI. The chances of that would been pretty astounding. Like throwing a dart at a board with 200 squares on it and hitting the correct one while blindfolded. Chance?

I think Pope Benedict is the last Pope of the 5th age and we are now in the transition to a different time period. The dawn of the 6th age of the Church. We will see.

Byron, AED and SgCatholic like this.
  18. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

Conchita was questioned about the St Malachy prophecies here...page9
    http://www.garabandal.us/zips/pdf/russia.pdf

19. AED

AED Powers

How awful to be betrayed that way but it is just like our Lord. It looks like a beautiful place even in ruins. I am sure it is holy ground

Carol55 and Dolours like this.
  20. AED

AED Powers

I have always wondered if it meant the end of time or the end of these Catholic times. And I also ask if PF is Petrus Romanus. I don't think so. I have nothing to base it on....