1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Is the Warning Imminent?

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by padraig, Jun 20, 2014.

?

Is the Warning Imminent?

1. Yes it is.

59.1%
  2. No ,it is still a way off.

11.8%
  3. I have not got a clue.

29.1%
  1. Dean

Dean Archangels

I will bet you an ice cold beer at a drinking establishment that it comes and goes as usual.. Then again, what is usual these days

2. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

If it makes you feel better Dean, Sir Isaac Newton predicted the end of the world in 2060.
    That should give you some time ;)

AED, Dean and Booklady like this.
  3. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

I think you are right on here Jarg. It takes some time for societal changes to happen. For example, it took decades of laying the groundwork to get homosexual "marriage" to become law. I don't think we are going to turn around tomorrow and see Christians thrown in jail. That sort of thing takes time. Just as it took a decade or more for the Nazi's to ramp up their hatred of the Jews and to have it be accepted by the German people.

I do think we are right at the beginning though. Things are beginning to pick up in speed. Maybe increasing persecution for the next 10 or 15 years could see Christians very much as a hated minority.

AED, Booklady and gracia like this.
  4. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

Maybe the connection to October 25th relates to something other than the Warning, maybe a precursor event.

The Cuban Missile Crisis occurred during October 16–28, 1962 which is exactly 55 years ago. The number 55 always reminds me of the Rosary since there are 55 pieces in the "wreath" section of the Rosary.

October 25th, 1962 was in particular a very tense day for the USA during the Cuban Missile Crisis. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_Missile_Crisis

Maybe we are supposed to be reminded to pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet. :)

Maybe some other past event from that day is significant, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/October_25 or maybe it is just something in the future.:unsure:

Seagrace, gracia and Booklady like this.
  5. Booklady

Booklady Archangels

In one of Father Fortea's YouTube in Spanish about the apocalypse, he says that he believes for the most part at least in Europe, the persecution of Christians will be more a case of juridical repression rather than being taken to jail. Countries will pass laws forbidding people to express certain beliefs or expressions. Every time these are expressed, the perpetrator will be fined, and after each adjudication received, the fine will increase, until the individual goes bankrupt or be made invisible by their silence.

This brings to mind what happened to Brigid Bardot in France. She expressed an opinion about Islam which was not politically acceptable, and subsequently fined several times, until she is now silent. Similarly, here in the U.S. there has already been cases by bakers and wedding planners who refuse to participate in same sex unions, and they are being taken to court and fined stiffly for upholding their religious views. They must pay huge payouts, comply, or go out of business.

6. Don_D

Don_D Powers

I do not see this working long term. People when they lose everything have nothing to lose, in the US this will ignite a firestorm at some point. People here always, always love an underdog. Especially if the bureaucracy of Government is involved. The business owners in the US who have faced fines and penalties certainly did not go quietly, they expressed their outrage and it in turn fired up a great many sympathetic people. Remember the woman who refused to issue marriage licenses? I think that these people had a big part in the outrage that was expressed in the polls last year.

Booklady likes this.
  7. Muzhik

Muzhik Archangels

These cases terrify me. Freedom of speech is one of those hallmarks of America. Decades of court courses have solidified the principle of "compelled speech": the government cannot compel speech. The local city cannot force a printer to use his or her art to print lawn signs to promote a particular party or to vote a certain way. That's part of the freedom of speech guaranteed by the Constitution.

Yet now, we have a case where the Supreme Court may overturn all those decades of precedent and declare that, for the public good, such art can be coerced by the government. Even at the height of the Vietnam War and the civil rights movement the government could not compel speech. but for the LGBTQ movement?