1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Ireland Consecration

Discussion in 'Spirit of Ireland' started by Adoremus, Oct 21, 2017.

1. AED

AED Powers

This is a wonderful idea. I love the possibility of a Rosary being prayed all along the borders of Ireland. How I wish we could get this started in the US same day same time. Maybe Fr Hellman could put it out there or operation Storm Heaven.

gracia likes this.
  2. Adoremus

Adoremus Archangels

Here is a letter from Kathy Sinnott with a bit more information on the Rosary on the Coast:

‘ROSARY ON THE COAST FOR LIFE AND FAITH’

FEAST OF CHRIST THE KING

26 NOVEMBER, 2017

Over the last two months over a million Polish faithful travelled to the borders of their country to pray for the preservation of the faith including the protection of the Unborn Child in Poland. Inspired by the Polish "Rosary at the Borders", Italian faithful held a similar "Rosary on the Border" for the same intention. Many of the thousands who participated prepared with a week-long fast on bread and water.

IT IS IRELAND'S TURN!

Our island is in the midst of a catastrophic loss of Catholic faith especially among the youth. Ireland, North and South, are facing an immediate threat to the protection of our Unborn babies.

We are mustering the faithful to our coastlines, the Atlantic Ocean and the Irish Sea, to pray for the preservation of the faith and for the protection of life at all stages.

The "Rosary on the Coasts for Life and Faith" will be held on Sunday 26 November, the Feast of Christ the King.

Why the Feast of Christ the King? Ireland was the first country in the world to be consecrated to Christ the King. This solemn consecration was declared in the 1930s and to date only three countries share this great blessing. The feast is extremely important. Acknowledging Christ as King has relevance for the spiritual, social, cultural, legal and political life of Ireland.

When we honour Christ as King, we are immediately brought to His Queen, Mary and her Immaculate Heart!

The prayer at the coasts will begin at 2:30pm. It will not take long. It is winter and we are conscious that drivers need to reach home or at least the main roads before dark.

"WHERE TWO OR THREE GATHER IN MY NAME THERE AM I WITH THEM" Matt 18 20

We are calling on Bishops, Priests and Ordained Deacons to take part and select locations along the coast which they are prepared to travel to. However the response of the laity has been so enthusiastic that we are calling on individual lay faithful, prayer groups, apostolates, etc to select locations that they will travel to on the day. We are working on the principle that where two or three gathered, Christ our King and Mary our Queen will be there. But don't worry once your location is on the list Our Lady will bring more!

So if you can come to the coast and pray the prayers of the ‘Rosary on the Coasts for Life and Faith’ programme with one or two people, tell us where you will be going and we will spread the word. Please be specific about the location. Once your location is published others will come.

To send your chosen location respond to the Rosary on the Coasts for Life and Faith facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Rosary-on-the-Coast-for-Life-and-Faith-388750808212828/ or email kathysinnott@gmail.com or phone 0872786552.

ENCIRCLING IRELAND WITH A HUMAN ROSARY

Ideally we will have a minimum of 53 locations for the Hail Marys in a Rosary. If we have more we can cover the Creed, Our Fathers and Glory Be’s/Fatima prayer. And of course in Ireland we have to have the "Trimming" so the more the merrier! Please send us your locations as soon as possible and start stringing the beads for the protection of Life and Faith in Ireland.

ROSARY ON THE COASTS FOR LIFE AND FAITH PRAYER PROGRAMME

Beginning at 2:30pm

Holy Rosary in honour of Christ the King and His Queen the Immaculate Heart of Mary

Prayer for the Protection of Life in Ireland

Prayer for the Preservation of Faith in Ireland

Instruction (If your gathering has a bishop, priest or ordained deacon)

Prayer of consecration to Christ the King (If anyone can find the original consecration prayer from the 1930's that would be wonderful)

Prayer of consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary

Blessing of Ireland (if there is a bishop, priest or deacon to give the blessing, if not pray for a blessing on Ireland.)

Plant a Miraculous Medal. We are asking people to "plant" the Miraculous Medal around the coasts. So bring a Miraculous Medal if you can.

Prayer for Mercy on Ireland (At 3pm Interrupt the programme to pray for Mercy with the Mercy Chaplet or other Mercy Prayer)

Seagrace and sterph like this.
  3. AED

AED Powers

Wow! This is powerful. Amazing. I pray you have a huge turn out. This is what all countries should do. I wish the U.S. could do this. December 8 would be our date because we are consecrated to the Immaculate Conception. I intend to join you at 9:30 our time which I believe is 2:30 your time from this side of the Atlantic coast for all these beautiful intentions.

HeavenlyHosts, sterph and Adoremus like this.
  4. jackzokay

jackzokay Angels

I think this is a fantastic idea. My family will cover the Derry area, in the north west of Ireland. Anyone that wishes to join us please let me know..

AED likes this.
  5. An Guilbneach

An Guilbneach Mane Nobiscum Domine

This is a must do for me. Will head to the coast on the 26th.

AED likes this.
  6. this has nocked the socks of me if you remember I posted a couple of years ago that my wife wanted to organise a light up ireland event to co inside with the St Patrick prophesy and she wanted all parishes to light a bonfire on the 25th march (Christ Conception) this was something she talked about for some time and the importance of keeping Ireland abortion free, I am in awe that when I clicked on the facebook page I saw a map of Ireland with the words lets light up Ireland truely remarkable how the Holy Spirit works.. I plan to organise a rosary on my own wee special coast and the spot I have picked is where St Patrick put his first footstep on the soil of Ireland Sheepland Harbour..

AED, HeavenlyHosts, CathyG and 2 others like this.