1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Internet filtering for families

Discussion in 'PC Help.' started by Don_D, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Don_D

Don_D Powers

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for internet filtering that is preferably Catholic?
    This has been on my mind lately and having children who are increasingly using the internet for school as well as recreationaly I think it is important to try to protect them from things which they could come across through no fault of their own. Does anyone have any recommendations or use an acceptable product?

2. don in my professional opinion the only true filter is yourself and the little electrical gadget called a power switch (y);)

Mary's child likes this.
  3. Mary's child

Mary's child Archangels

:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::love: How true! Have a blessed day.

4. AED

AED Powers

There are programs out there Don. I don't know about a specifically Catholic one but I know there are several. Focus on the Family mentioned it as have other Christian broadcasters. I bet EWTN would know or your local catholic radio station. If you have young children I think it is a good idea!

5. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

If you havent got this Don it is an excellent start.
    I would have had to get rid of my computer if I had not found this....https://adblockplus.org/

AED likes this.
  6. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

There are also a number of different types of blockers for the television. They are made specifically for Christians and can filter out blasphemy as well as profanity. Even going so far as to be able to tell the difference when God's name is being used blasphemously, profanely or in a respectful manner. I don't know how they do this, but apparently it has a high success rate.

7. Tanker

Tanker Principalities

We use Covenant Eyes. Link is : http://www.covenanteyes.com

I learned about it through Catholic radio and Matt Fradd, a Catholic speaker. I have teenagers and has opened a lot of dialogue for us as a family. Its more of an accountability software than blocking things. With teenagers, we need to talk about things they may encounter as they will be adults in a few short years and not under our control.

They have a nice website with a lot of info

AED likes this.