1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

interesting dream

Discussion in 'The mystical and Paranormal' started by PotatoSack, Jun 15, 2016.

1. padraig

padraig New Member

I am a little uneasy at the picture of a burnt Christ.

fallen saint and garabandal like this.
  2. fallen saint

fallen saint Baby steps :)

Your mom seems to be a prayerful woman. As other have said, by your father being at the top of the stairs, that means he is moving upwords. By his clothes white shirt and dark pants...he is still in his journey. It seems he still needs some prayers to be ready to see heaven. The smile is that your moms prayers are working but the serious face is he still needs to go through some trials.

Be happy... it was a positive dream. Prayers and masses are needed for final push. It might be one prayer or a lifetime of prayers. We just don't know.

I think God allowed your dad to tell your mom everything is allright.

May Gods Will be Done

PotatoSack and sterph like this.
  3. Sorrowful Heart

Sorrowful Heart Principalities

no worries, i won't post anymore about it then

4. Fatima

Fatima Powers

I think it was a gift for your mother. I have no idea what it means accept , "it is well with my soul".

AED, HeavenlyHosts and PotatoSack like this.
  5. fallen saint

fallen saint Baby steps :)

:(

Dreaming a lot.

So I was behind the fence of a high school football field. I was walking on the corner end of the block over a freeway over pass. There's a little shack that sells beer. It makes me mad because it is so close to high school kids. I also know it's illegal. I decide to look inside the shack to try to get number so I can call to tell the owner it's wrong. As I'm reaching in...the number falls into fish tank full of water. Then it's only me and the fish tank. I don't want to reach into the water because I don't want to get wet.

For those that can see...it's a sad dream.

Brother al

AED and Praetorian like this.
  6. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

I have never had a dream that included any religious figure before but I few nights ago I had a dream that included Pope Francis. Honestly, I have hesitated to post this dream, I have never posted any of my prior dreams of anything. Well, it was a simple dream. I don't have any circumstances as to how I would come to meet Pope Francis because I have never enjoyed large crowds, especially when there is no assigned seating. But there was Pope Francis in my dream. He leaned over to me and whispered in my hear, "Love one another" and then kissed me on the cheek. That's it, that is all there was to it. Now I wish I had recorded what night I dreamt it but it's too late. I just remember it was a few nights ago and I saw this thread today and I felt like sharing it with all of you.

7. Sanctus

Sanctus "Jesus, I Trust In You!"

It's interesting you mention your dream about Pope Francis, Carol. I had a similar one where he embraced me and smiled. I didn't think much of the dream, but I believe he is a good man and maybe it was God showing me this.

Seagrace and Carol55 like this.
  8. AED

AED Powers

Better safe than sorry I say. (y)

Pray4peace likes this.
  9. Sanctus

I had a dream about a month ago. In the dream I was looking for guidance and when I am looking for guidance sometimes I open a book. Well in the dream I opened a book and it said "dry life" on the page. I am guessing this has to do with spiritual dryness. Sometimes suffering can be difficult but as long as it is helping others and we have the next life to look forward to we can have the strength to carry our crosses. I don't know if the dream had any meaning or not for my own life or if God was showing me something.

Seagrace and Pray4peace like this.
  10. Funny enough I haven't had a dream in months :(

11. sponsa Christi

sponsa Christi Sponsa Christi Catholic

Can you check out my recent forum.

12. AED

AED Powers

What I thought of was "dry martyrdom" dealing with that slow incessant misunderstanding by the unchurched or poorly churched and the disdain from those who doubt your intelligence because you adhere to the Church and not the anti-church. That kind of hidden suffering can really "grind your gears" and it is what true Christians in the West are experiencing I think.

Sanctus likes this.
  13. Sanctus

That sounds interesting AED. Thanks for sharing your perspective on the dream. It definitely feels like dry martyrdom sometimes. I was trying to explain to a brother of mine yesterday who is a fallen away Catholic that a civil wedding is not a real wedding because it does not have the blessing of God and he wasn't able to see my viewpoint. So that might be an example of it.

AED likes this.
  14. soldier of christ

soldier of christ Principalities

I am hesitant to post this, but I had a dream last night that was so vivid that I just cannot shake it from my thoughts. Earlier in the day, I had found a book in my garage that my husband had purchased a while back at a book fair on the masons. I informed him I did not want that in our house and he kept it in the garage. So anyways, I took that book out to the back yard and burned it, without him knowing about it. I did not want anyone to ever see or read that thing. Didn't think too much more about it the rest of the day. I know on another forum there was discussion about actually feeling the presence of evil, well in my dream that night, I was entering my home and all the lights were out. I could not get them to come on. I walked into my family room and noticed that all the light bulbs had been broken while the were still in their sockets. Then I sensed and felt the evil. The feeling just kept growing. I started walking down the hallway and the some how I grabbed a crucifix that was handing on my wall. It was the kind of crucifix that they usually have when some one is dying that opens up and inside is a blessed candle. Anyways, I grabbed the crucifix and I felt the evil come upon me and I started to stab at it using the crucifix and I found myself stabbing a book that was about the masons. As the crucifix plunged into the book I could hear screaming and I heard myself yelling Jesus and I woke myself up screaming Jesus. It seemed so real. I am not one to put much into dreams as I realize that they can be your sub conscience working overtime. But this was very different.

Pray4peace, Mario and Yellowcoffeecup like this.
  15. AED

AED Powers

Soldier I have no doubt you encountered something resulting from destroying thebook. The feeling of evil gathering force is something Very familiar in spiritual dreams and defending yourself with a sacramentAl is also very familiar. I would bless your house and your bedroom with Holy Water and before you sleep consecrate your dreams to the Sacred Heart. (This suggestion came from a priest exorcist) and I would ask Our Lord to hide you in His holy wounds while you sleep. Hope this helps. God bless.

Seagrace and Mario like this.
  16. soldier of christ

soldier of christ Principalities

AED
    I will do as you suggest. Have you ever used blessed salt? I am unsure of how to utilize this. I have heard that some people use this around their house. But I am not sure I understand the how and the why?

17. AED

AED Powers

Yes I do use Blessed salt. Unlike holy water it stays for a long time. It is harder to get Blessed salt so I use it sparingly but if you have some definitely use it. By the way another excellent prayer of protection is St Patrick breastplate. Just change the "I arise today" to "I go to sleep tonight" very very powerful spiritual weapon.

18. Seagrace

Seagrace Angels

Sanctus,
    There's a desert within me at the moment, and while this is by no means new and I have gone through worse before, spiritual aridity is something I have never befriended no matter what the saints say.

But today, God taught me something. Praise is to be my stream in the desert. For now, it is not the praise that requires words or willed thoughts - be they through reading or my own. God wants me to exchange my rushing about and never ending busyness - for stillness. He wants me to sit in my garden each day, even for a couple of short minutes if I cannot manage more. He wants me to still my spirit by resting my gaze on the trees and flowers and skies, all of nature.

And to offer those moments up as praise.

It seems so simple, yet it can be quite tough for me. But He has asked that of me as my canticle of Praise.

19. AED

AED Powers

What a lovely answer to prayer and something we can all appropriate for those desert times. Thank you for sharing.

Sanctus and Seagrace like this.
  20. Sanctus

Thanks Seagrace. Sorry to hear that you are experiencing spiritual difficulty at the moment. I understand what you mean about spiritual aridity, I went through years of it but feel I am coming out the other side now, thank God! It is definitely a difficult thing to go through. It is interesting you mention about praise, I also feel the urge now to praise God in everything and bring a vision of his way of life into lives of others I can help. No matter what I go through I always try to trust that God is working it out for good. It is always darkest right before the dawn.

Seagrace and AED like this.