Interesting article regarding prophecy

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by FatimaPilgrim, Jan 21, 2015.

1. FatimaPilgrim

FatimaPilgrim Powers

I'm sure some have read this but I've been thinking about this a lot lately. For many years folks on this forum have been expecting "it" to happen any day. Many of us thought last year was it. "2013 was the last traditional Christmas" etc. What do you think of this article?

http://www.crisismagazine.com/2015/prophecy-prediction

Dawn2 likes this.
  2. Indy

Indy Praying

I agree there has been a whole lot of "its about to happen" for quite a while. I like this line in the article "The first role of the prophet is contradiction, or denouncing what is false." That said, I do think there has been some great prophecies made by forum members here and many will come to pass and some have already. A lot of members here do have the gift of prophecy, but I think at times it gets over stoked by fear and maybe excitement.

FatimaPilgrim likes this.
  3. kathy k

kathy k Guest

I'm not really sure what the author's point is, except to warn against those who give dates for the end of the world. Here's what false - "Everything's fine, nothing to see here, things have been bad before."

The consensus of modern day prophets is that the judgment of God is upon us. Abortion alone is enough to call this down. God never changes - a cursory reading of the old testament prophets will show what is in store for a generation as sinful as ours.

It's time to be sober, alert and praying. If alleged prophetic messages rob you of peace, don't read them. If the signs of the times brings on fear or panic, the antidote is the sacraments and more prayer.

4. Fatima

Fatima Powers

The one big differnece that I hang my hat on is that today, unlike anytime in history, we have the Mother of God, Queen of Prophets, giving us all we need for the battle and many indicators on its timeline. Yes we have scripture, but even the apostles interpretated that timeline wrong. Every benchmark of its season and timing is now in full bloom. If the tribulation does not happen now, there will be no God fearing people left if it were to take place later. Then it would be the end of the world.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  5. sparrow

sparrow Exitus ~ Reditus

I agree with kathy regarding the holocaust of abortion bringing down judgement and with Fatima about no God fearing people being left soon. Trust in the Lord. Be as prepared as possible but do not worry. Be as joyful as possible and pray always.

6. FatimaPilgrim

FatimaPilgrim Powers

Thanks for the input. Kathy, your answer here is actually what caused me to post this: "It's time to be sober, alert and praying. If alleged prophetic messages rob you of peace, don't read them. If the signs of the times brings on fear or panic, the antidote is the sacraments and more prayer."

Last year, I was anxious. I've studied and prayed about Fatima for 20 years. But starting a couple years ago I felt a calling to go there, so my wife and I made a pilgrimage to Fatima. Then beginning last summer, I felt the internal urging to prepare. That the time was imminent. That the tribulation was coming and soon. I felt anxious, not afraid, but anxious that I was "behind" where I needed to be. My family did the Consecration, I began daily rosaries that continue. I began searching for land in the mountains for my family and friends. But about a month ago, I felt that internal urging disappear and feel very peaceful now. Still praying the rosary and other prayers daily asking for God's guidance in these matters but the anxious feeling and the need to prepare is gone.

So what I'm discerning is did the time pass, did we avoid the tribulation? Or did He just get me to a better place spiritually that He wanted me to be and that's why I feel more peace and calm now? I think it's the latter, but wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

7. sparrow

sparrow Exitus ~ Reditus

I have read that if we are spiritually prepared, God will be with us wherever we are so freaking out about moving, etc. should not happen. I guess if you have the means, go but like me, if you don't and you are stuck where you are, not to fret.. I have even read that angels will feed us if we have nothing to eat...

8. kathy k

kathy k Guest

Not sure. I have had spurts of preparation starting in the spring of 2012. I just felt compelled to gather certain things until I had the sense that I had completed the task. There was a sense of urgency but not fear. I don't have anything close to a survival bunker, but plenty of needful things to share. Perhaps our response as a people to the call of God has pushed things back a bit. Or perhaps my gathering was to head off future panic. Or, most likely, I was given the opportunity to learn His voice and how to obey promptly. These last few months my preparation has been learning to keep my eyes on Him regardless of external circumstances. I think this is boot camp, and our attentiveness to the training will be crucial to our usefulness in the future.

sparrow and FatimaPilgrim like this.
  9. FatimaPilgrim

FatimaPilgrim Powers

Kathy, we've gone on a similar path I think, but my collection of the needful things began about 6 months ago. No bunker here either. I also agree there's been training that will be crucial to being useful to those around us. Mabye the peace I'm feeling is because He has me in a much better place on the path I'm supposed to be on, much better than 6 months ago anyway.

kathy k likes this.
  10. garabandal

garabandal Powers

In a selfish way I wish "it" didn't happen. In nine years I would be retiring with a nice lump sum and a nice pension. I would then be able to do the things I always wanted to do - travel, visit the Holy Land, Rome, etc. I could look forward to a nice, quiet retirement ----- but it will not be ---

We are already in the midst of the storm, the signs are all around but none of us know the day or hour of what I call the 'crash' when the wheels will come off and we will suddenly be in the midst of the tribulation. The storm brings down the foundations and then we enter tribulation times ----

Matthew 24v33 So you also, when you shall see all these things, know ye that it is nigh, even at the doors.

lamp likes this.
  11. Torrentum

Torrentum Guest

Garabandal I completly agree. I often look at my pension annual statements and wonder "Will I ever use it?". Of course, as the Buddhists say " Plan as if you'll live forever, but live as if you'll die tomorrow " is actually good advice, so I of course contribute to pensions, savings etc. My savings Bank is my prayers, that are kept in a storehouse, where their value can never be destroyed or taken from me.

sparrow likes this.