I need clarification on this

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by Lee, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Lee

Lee Principalities

After reading this I realized that I struggle with the idea that the time of mercy is running out. I'm in denial maybe but I have many close to me ( very close) who do not embrace our Lord or the church and it's hard for me to think that God would close the door to mercy. That they would loose their opportunity for conversion. Please shed some light on this, I'm very unsettled.

Lee

The Pellianito Blog

Zephaniah 1: On the day of the LORD’S slaughter feast I will punish the princes, and the king’s sons, and all that dress in foreign apparel.

“My child, what is this ‘foreign apparel’ but those lofty ideas and bold lies that so many clothe themselves with, but that are abomination and heresy? It is folly to parade your sin like a multi-colored cloak. Folly because when the Lord destroys the cloak, the sinner will be destroyed with it. Let all sinners remove the sin, repent, be converted—choose to live and not to burn. My child, I have given everyone the grace and the time to convert. Those who have not entered my mercy will soon lose the opportunity. The door to grace is closing.”

Jesus, in your mercy, allow us, poor and unworthy though we are, to hold open the door to allow those you have given us to pray for time to enter. May your Illumination win souls and cement the faith of all. We pray for the conversion of a great many sinners and the triumph of the Immaculate Heart. May your kingdom come and come quickly. Amen.

Posted: April 15th, 2010 under Grace, Judgment, Mercy, Sin, Sinners.
    Comments: 6

2. Mario

Mario Powers

Lee,

Your expression of concern is such a precious gift. Your faith is not haughty and questionable as that of the Pharisee in Jesus' parable, but is full of compassion. Remember how Luke describes Jesus as he approaches Jerusalem in Chapter 19:

41 And when he drew near and saw the city he wept over it, 42 saying, "Would that even today you knew the things that make for peace! But now they are hid from your eyes. 43 For the days shall come upon you, when your enemies will cast up a bank about you and surround you, and hem you in on every side, 44 and dash you to the ground, you and your children within you, and they will not leave one stone upon another in you; because you did not know the time of your visitation."

Christ foresaw an event that was not to occur for another 35 years. He was grieved to tears to know the consequences of Israel's rejection of him. Yet he did not grow tired of warning them. I believe it was the Jewish historian, Josephus, who later wrote of Christian prophets who ran through the streets of Jerusalem proclaiming God's message to flee, as the armies of Titus approached. We even see Jesus at the Last Supper, sharing the same dish with Judas. In that gesture of fellowship, I'm sure Jesus was imploring him to turn back. The offer of mercy never ceases, but sadly enough it is refused.

We know a day of justice approaches. I hold on to something my marvelous wife, Geralyn, said, "I don't believe Jesus will allow that day to come unless God will bring more souls to himself in the midst of chastisement, than he could by allowing the status quo to continue."

Isn't she wise! :D

You have asked prayers for your loved ones before. I will do so for the next month. LOL.

Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

3. bflocatholic

bflocatholic Powers

I have heard that one good soul in a family, through his or her sacrifices and faith, can (through Jesus) merit salvation for the entire family.

I do not know if that is true, but it makes a certain amount of sense. The individual is like a "mini-Christ" in his or her own family, who through his or her actions and sufferings "takes on" the "sin" of the other family members. Of course, none of this would be possible without Christ's sacrifice once, for all, on Calvary, but it is a participation in that ultimate sacrifice. In a way, it preserves God's justice, but also is a great act of mercy, because it allows us to "fill up" what is missing in the lives of our loved ones.

I guess the bottom line is that God's ways are mysterious and are certainly not our ways. His justice will be satisfied, but in some way, I believe that our prayers and sacrifices will make a difference that goes well beyond our comprehension. So, Lee, do not let doubt creep in! Redouble your efforts and trust in the Lord! That act of trust today may well be the act that brings another soul into heaven... Jesus, I trust in you!!

4. padraig

padraig Powers

I suspect the 'Time Of Judgement and an end to mercy refers to mankind collectively rather than in an individual sense. For as Terry mentions God's mercy never ends, it is boundless.

I think it is a bit as in scripture were the King and his kingdom were weighed and found wanting by God.

MENE–MENE–TEKEL–UPARSIN

"This is the interpretation of the thing:
    MENE; God hath numbered thy kingdom, and brought it to an end."

Daniel 5:25-26

[​IMG]

It is very hard, I know with family. All mine are Catholics, of course. But most are a zillion miles from the Church or any real spiritual commitment that I can see. My own great hope is that God will shake things up in such a way it will give us all a real new start, perhaps with the illumination of conscience. I feel a certain sympathy for people wandering from God at the present, for faith is not easy these days. I hope Jesus may lift them all in His arms and carry them home. Even Saint Padre Pio has a sister,whom, as far as I know never converted from an evil lifestyle, despite being sister to perhaps the greatest saint of modern times.

5. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Before the time of Justice, there are major blessings coming to the World - the Warning and Miracles & Permanent signs with healings, especially spiritual healings in their millions will be acts of unparalled mercy. Grace, grace and more grace, undeserved gifts, especially for unbelievers and those who have never known love or never known the love of God. Many, many millions will experience the transforming love of God. In Garabandal our Lady appeared with the child Jesus and the child blessed the world. God desires to bless the world and desires that all might be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth.

Yet, unbelievably some will reject even these graces and continue on the path of sin and denial of God.

Justice is also merciful for a loving parent will correct an erring child out of love. And sadly some of us will only be saved through fear. Fear of Hell and eternal perdition is also a mercy. Personally, I have always feared being 'lost' and for me this has been a major factor in my conversion!

Mercy and Justice are complimentary. God always correct through love because God is Love.