1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

I have a question about Garabandal and Medjugorje

Discussion in 'Marian Apparitions' started by a soul, Jul 30, 2017.

1. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

They haven't been condemned but rather have the involvement of the Church in certain guidelines....which, for Medjugorje, even those are being lessened. So I would say simply follow the Church's guidelines and not get out in front of the Church. Fear not! Neither is discouraging people from visiting. To my understanding Priests from other areas are permitted to celebrate Mass at Garabandal if they request permission. So each place is attempting have some kind of order for those interested.

2. gracia

gracia New Member

Fatima and Akita, yes. But personally, if the Church deems that nothing supernatural or nothing of God is occurring at a given place, it seems best to let such things go, and dedicate one's self to the promotion and contemplation of valid apparitions and messages.

Granted, a thing may feel deeply true to us. But if we trust our feelings or impressions above the Church, and carry on promoting what the Church has judged to be not of God, how are we the better for it? Sure, maybe someday the Church may reverse a decision on a given thing, as in the case of Saint Faustina and Divine Mercy, but again, this is a matter of patience and trust