1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

How to save your children!

Discussion in 'Mother of God' started by josephite, Feb 26, 2016.

1. josephite

josephite Powers

How to save your children

During one of the Cenacles which Fr Gobbi held in the United States, he was urged by many concernd people to ask Our Lady specifically what could be done to save the youth from the seductions of the world, which were leading many of them astray and causing them to leave the Church.

Our Lady gave Fr Gobbi this definite and final soluton to console the parents who are so concerned about the salvation of their children;

* Pray the Rosary!

*Every time you pray the Rosary say, "With this Rosary I bind all my children to the Immaculate Heart of Mary."

* In doing so, Our Lady promised "to see to their souls."

Dolours, AED, Fatima and 8 others like this.
  2. Denise P

Denise P Angels

Last New Year's Day I began a year long novena to Saints Monica and Augustine for my husband and children to return to the sacraments of the Holy Catholic Church. I never missed a day, and was even able to pray at the tomb of St. Monica in Rome in the last month for them. They seem to be no closer to returning to the Church than they did a year ago. I am not discouraged as I feel they are are on their own journeys back in God's time-- not mine. When I prayed about this at mass last night I felt it was time to turn them over to the Blessed Mother this year-- so I will now begin each morning rosary saying, "With this Rosary I bind my husband and children to the Immaculate Heart of Mary".

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  3. Seagrace

Seagrace New Member

What a thing to read just when I am facing issues with both of mine today. I will definitely attach this prayer to my Rosaries too. Thank you, Denise.

4. Heidi

Heidi Archangels

Wow Denise! You never missed a day, that is amazing! I am certain that God heard your prayers and that they will have an effect in God's time!

5. Martina

Martina Pray Hope and don't worry: Padre Pio

Josephine, I am in the same position as you and have only come back into the fold myself recently, I pray everyday my family will follow so thank you for this message it gives me hope, even though your still waiting I truly believe your family will follow as I hope mine will. You determination and faith cannot be ignored it will happen.
    Please keep us updated.

josephite and Dolours like this.
  6. Fatima

Fatima Powers

St. Monica prayed for her son Augustine way more than a year before his conversion. I have a son allot like St. Augustine (prior to becoming a saint) and I appeal to St. Monica and St. Augustine for his change of life style frequently and will not stop. All prayers are heard and answered that are of God's will, just not in our time frame (y)

Seagrace, Heidi, josephite and 2 others like this.
  7. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

I was a lost soul like St. Augustine and had a 180 degree turnaround. My Mother's prayers helped me immensely. She never stopped praying for me. It took a long time though. She picked the name Monica as her confirmation name and jokes that maybe that had something to do with it. ;)

Parents also having authority over their children can give them a special blessing.

If your children are young you can consecrate them. Also if possible have them do the First Fridays and/or the First Saturdays devotions. These both have great promises attached to them for the salvation of the soul who does them.

"On Friday during Holy Communion, He said these words to His unworthy slave, if I mistake not: I promise you in the excessive mercy of my Heart that its all-powerful love will grant to all those who receive Holy Communion on nine first Fridays of consecutive months the grace of final repentance; they will not die under my displeasure or without receiving their sacraments, my divine Heart making itself their assured refuge at the last moment."
    -From the writings of St. Margaret Mary

8. AED

AED Archangels

I've been doing this for awhile now. Like everyone here I pray pretty continuously for my family--all of them have fallen away--to come back. I don't get discouraged (try not to)because God has His timing. But it's always nice to read of what others are doing and going through. Kind of offers affirmation. I read somewhere once that our desire to pray for our loved ones' souls is God's message to us that He hasn't given up on them. if He had He wouldn't give us the grace to desire their conversions.

PotatoSack, Seagrace, Martina and 2 others like this.