1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Holy Viaticum and Our Lady

Discussion in 'On prayer itself' started by Mario, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Mario

Mario Powers

Though my Diaconate ordination is not 'til next May, I have recently found myself at the bedside of of two dying residents with family in attendance (such is the case with so few priests in the diocese). They were my initial experiences in such circumstances. I was amazed at the grace provided by the Two Hearts this past Sunday. The resident was "out of it" and thrashing about. I addressed her and said that "we" would pray an Act of Contrition together. And though she was on a pureed diet and shouldn't have had solid food, I broke off a little piece of the Sacred Host and told her I was placing Jesus in the Eucharist on her tongue. Then I felt led to sing Hail, Holy Queen.

The resident relaxed and became very peaceful! Glory to God through the Two Hearts! :D:ROFLMAO::love::love:

P.S. Just wanted to clarify, though I'm permitted to bring Holy Viaticum to a dying resident, in no way can I celebrate the Anointing of the Sick!

Saved through the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    maryn, gracia, Tanker and 1 other person like this.