1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Holy Mass vanishing in Venezuela

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by Mario, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Mario

Mario Powers

https://panampost.com/karina-martin...sts-are-left-without-hosts-for-the-eucharist/

Can you imagine the grace of Holy Mass vanishing within a country? I recall Padre Pio stated that Holy Mass was more important than the sun. Please pray and contact the chancery in your diocese and ask if your Conference of Bishops is reaching out to help!

Pray! Pray! Pray!

Unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you shall have no life within you...

Safe in the Refuge of the Immaculate Heart!

Byron, Carol55 and Pray4peace like this.
  2. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Maranatha

Somehow, this brings to mind what Maria Esperanza, the mystic from Venezuela, always said about her homeland -- "it will start here."

3. Pray4peace

Pray4peace Ave Maria

I saw this article too. I guess that someone would have to contact them via the email on the flyer to find out where to send the bags of wheat.

If Venezuela is in such crisis that the government is controlling the wheat, then isn't there the possibility that they would confiscate any donation that is sent to the church? I was wondering if pre made hosts would be better to donate?? I guess that those could be taken too though.

My heart goes out to the citizens of that country. Their issues will not be solved anytime soon.

4. Booklady

Booklady Archangels

Can't the monasteries get flour from nearby countries like Colombia?

5. Dolours

Dolours Powers

The impression given in the article is that the government impounds all food imports. If that's the case, then the government gets to re-sell the flour and most likely it would be to their favourite bakers.

6. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

As Jesus is present, body and blood, soul and Divinity in both species. Are they able to get wine to use. Of course they need both for Consecration.

Carol55 likes this.
  7. Dolours

Dolours Powers

It occurred to me too, Julia, that the solution may be to reserve the hosts for the Consecration and give Communion from the chalice. Perhaps wine is also scarce. I don't know whether they have vineyards in Venezuela. They were able to grow enough food for the country before their oil boom but all that was abandoned when they became oil rich. With among the largest oil reserves in the world, they don't even have an oil refinery so have to export their oil and re-import the refined product they can use it. Their government under, I think his name was Chavez, was very short sighted. He died and was succeeded by someone equally if not more inept.

The sisters who make the Communion bread might have another problem. Selling the hosts to the parishes could be one of the main sources of income that they need to survive.

8. Mario

Mario Powers

God bless those sisters! Mercy on Venezuela! Reform their corrupt government!

Safe in the Refuge of Our Lady of Guadalupe!

Byron and Don_D like this.
  9. padraig

padraig New Member

I always thought that the Lord had precise reasons for choosing bread and wine. One of those reasons must have been that they are always so freely available. I find it hard to beleive that people have no way at all of making bread and wine if they have actually got it.

So sad. I would say in extreme circumstances the bread might not have to be made out of wheat. Yon can make a kind of bread out of say, acorns and a wine out of just about anything organic.

They even had mass in prisons and Concentration Camps.

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  10. Indy

Indy Praying

11. Don_D

Don_D Archangels

It is bad, just like our Lord being crucified. This Priest is an excellent example of doing Gods work in Venezuela and is standing for what is right and just. God bless him and all who are filled with the Holy Spirit in that land. I pray that we all might have Priests like this.

12. Mario

Mario Powers

Byron and Indy like this.
  13. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

Byron and Indy like this.
  14. Fatima

Fatima Powers

15. Fatima

Fatima Powers

en.news yesterday

Pro-Francis Journalist Slams Francis' Failure in Venezuela
    [​IMG]
    Julio Algañaraz, Roman correspondent of the Argentinean daily Clarín, said on August 4 that Pope Francis' demand to stop the institution of Venezuela's Constituent Assembly has been "his worst diplomatic blunder in more than four years of his pontificate". According to Algañaraz, Francis' demand "shows a fundamental gaucheness that seems incredible for Vatican diplomacy".

In the past Algañaraz has always praised the "revolutionary and progressive" character of the Francis's papacy.

The habit of speaking out against projects only after they were put in place, was a known behavioral pattern of Archbishop Bergoglio, when this regarded people for whom he had ideological or political sympathies.

Byron likes this.
  16. Byron

Byron Principalities

" not a violent shaking, but something that makes people aware of His presence." This is what Maria Esperanza predicted will happen to the world.
    Is it the Warning?

Mary's child and Don_D like this.