1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Holy Mass and Apologetics

Discussion in 'The Sacraments' started by Mario, Jun 22, 2014.

1. garabandal

garabandal Powers

I like this too.

One thing I really hate is the sign of peace - which occurs at a time when we should be focusing on our Lord. Total distraction. Get rid of it.

2. garabandal

garabandal Powers

After the Vatican II Council how a man-centered liturgy “led almost to forgetting of the presence of God.”

How true.

How sad.

3. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

I have never liked this innovation and glad I arent required to do it.

In the first place I dont want to shake hands with half the people in my parish anyway.:D[and sure most of them dont want my hand shake either.

I am commanded to love them,but no way I gotta like them.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    sunburst likes this.
  4. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Maranatha

In Lourdes, the main celebrant of the English morning mass got around this by asking everyone to greet one another before mass began. He then skipped the sign of peace part during mass. Worked great (y)

Yellowcoffeecup, Clare A, AED and 3 others like this.
  5. Jarg

Jarg Principalities

In the French mass, instead of saying 'peace be with you', which sounds like Hans Solo speaking to Skywalker, they say 'the peace of Christ' (la paix du Christ) when shaking hands. I find that a much better way to stay in the mass, as it makes it clear we are first receiving the peace from Christ in order to give it, and not the peace of this world.

AED, josephite and SgCatholic like this.
  6. Light

Light Angels

Jarg

In my opinion it would be better not to shake hands or do or say anything at that part of the Mass. To me the solemnity and sacredness of the Mass is ruptured when our minds are being artificially distracted with anything that negatively affects the awesomeness of the moment we are then re-living.

God Bless

7. fallen saint

fallen saint Baby steps :)

Wrong time to be said. Even though it was thought before last supper there was community and bonding between the apostles. Not sure it should be done at that time.

:(

sterph likes this.
  8. AED

AED Archangels

Totally agree.

Yellowcoffeecup likes this.
  9. Mario

Mario Powers

This is a repeat, but I love this Preface so much, here it goes again!:ROFLMAO:

'Lex orandi, lex credendi'
    ; in other words, the way we pray is the way we believe...

This line is from a post of Padraig's from almost four years ago. It highlights the fact that if one went to daily Mass for the three years of the liturgical cycle, then one would discover the truths of the Catholic Faith so as to convincingly respond to most of her critics. For instance, to those who claim Jesus is re-crucified at every Holy Nass.

Not so!

The following Preface is said during Easter Time.

It is truly right and just, our duty and our salvation,
    at all times to acclaim you, O Lord,
    but in this time above all to laud you yet more gloriously,
    when Christ our Passover has been sacrificed.
    He never ceases to offer himself for us
    but defends us and ever pleads our cause before you:
    he is the sacrificial Victim who dies no more,
    the Lamb, once slain, who lives for ever.

Therefore, overcome with paschal joy,
    every land, every people exults in your praise
    and even the heavenly Powers, with the angelic hosts,
    sing together the unending hymn of your glory,
    as they acclaim:
    Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God of hosts . . .

In Holy Mass, it is the Lord who draws us into the Paschal Mystery so that we become mystically present to His dying and rising! What a gift! Alleluia!

Safe in the Barque of Peter!

SgCatholic and AED like this.