'Hitler was a Christian.....'

Discussion in 'Positive Critique' started by padraig, Nov 21, 2015.

1. padraig

padraig Powers

[​IMG]

http://www.wnd.com/2015/11/whoopi-goldberg-hitler-was-a-christian/?cat_orig=diversions

Anyone who think persecution is not staring us right in the face should read Whoopi Goldberg's latest comments comparing Christians to Adolph Hitler and red neck nut jobs.

'Goldberg was speaking critically of those Republicans who hesitate to open arms to Syrian refugees at this point in time, out of concern ISIS, as members threatened, might be using the crisis to sneak terrorists across the border. Some with security concerns have suggested allowing only Christian refugees into the nation in order to lower the chances of radicalized Muslims committing acts of jihad in the country.'

“The irony of saying that only Christians could come is not very Christian to say that, is it?” she asked.

Behar then spoke of Timothy McVeigh, who killed 168 with a bomb attack on a federal building in Oklahoma City in 1995, and his supposed Christian beliefs.

View attachment 3741

“Timothy McVeigh was a Christian,” Behar said, the Christian Post reported. “Just saying.”

That’s when Goldberg brought up Hitler, saying: “There have been a lot of horrifying, there have been a lot of monster Christians. Hitler was a Christian.”

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  2. garabandal

garabandal Powers

That photo is so scary.

I mean the one of Whoopi Goldberg!

little me, Julia and DeGaulle like this.
  3. josephite

josephite Powers

Hitler may have been baptised a Christian as an infant but he renounced truth when he delved into the occult.
    He became an occultist (belonging to the evil one) and he despised Christianity (especially Catholism) as well as Judaism.

Not someone anyone could call Christian!

Sam, DeGaulle and Praetorian like this.
  4. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

Sadly she is not the only one who feels this way. I have a friend who is an atheist. A fallen away Catholic. He tried to throw that "Hitler was a Catholic" in my face once. I said no, he was a lapsed Catholic, he was as Catholic as you are. Well that got him. He is very anti-religious.

little me, Sam, DeGaulle and 2 others like this.
  5. padraig

padraig Powers

Yes, the problem is, not that they were Christians, but that they weren't Christians.

Fallen away Christians like well like Whoopie Goldberg!:p (Whoopies mother was a Catholic from New York)

Julia, Praetorian and DeGaulle like this.
  6. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

It must be a fact that the majority of the worst men in history had the true faith at some stage in their life.

Julia, Praetorian and DeGaulle like this.
  7. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

Hitler and Stalin were both altar boys. I believe Stalin even went to minor seminary.

DeGaulle likes this.
  8. padraig

padraig Powers

We used to have n old saying in Ireland, 'Watch out for atheists , scratch one and you'll find a failed Catholic Priest!'.:)

Its so strange but often the foremost citics of the Church are ex Catholics. THis may be something to do with the love/hate thing. Though there was an old saying , 'When the best corrupts if becomes the worst' . Or I suppose the more Grace we reject the deeper in to hell we will fall.

Scarey thought.

There was a scandelously anti-Christian, blasphemous stand up comedian called George Carlin who died a few years back and whom I sometimes pray for.

One thing that struck me in listening to George was how very ,very deeply he had obviously thought about life and Faith. In other words in a weird way he was seeking the Turth whilst walking away from it.

View attachment 3751

Poor man, he always looked very,very sad to me. Though he made people laugh. But he never seemed to be joining in the laughter himself. I hope he made it to the Golden City.

Prayers going up.

DeGaulle and Praetorian like this.
  9. padraig

padraig Powers

One funny thing George said was that instead of praying to God he prays to Joe Pesci. This is because sometimes Joe Pesci seemed to get things done. One time he prayed to Joe Pesci about a neighbour and his barking dogs and at once they were never heard of again!

Thinking of Joe Pesci I can well believe it.:D

[​IMG]

10. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

What is fascinating about some atheists is their hatred of what they insist doesn't exist. Is it possible to hate an absence, to rebel against nothing? Could it be they protest too much?

I specifically said "some" atheists, because I think one must distinguish between anti-theists like the afore-mentioned and others who appear simply to not have received the gift of Faith. One example of the latter is the veteran journalist Nat Hentoff (is he still alive?), an ardent Jewish atheist noted for his stance against abortion and euthanasia, positions which cost him liberal friends and work. Another example would be the philosopher John Grey, himself an atheist but who has often attacked militant neo-atheism for its bigoted views and who has made no secret of his admiration for the Catholic Church and her ideas and philosophy. I also remember the Australian traditionalist and reactionary David Stove, whose atheism didn't prevent him from emphasising that religion was a very good thing.

I sometimes think that such benevolent atheists are part of God's plan. If they have not been gifted with Faith, they can't be accused of rejecting it, but they do certainly baffle malignant atheists and secularists. It must really enrage abortionists when people like Hentoff attack them-they can't really accuse them of religious fanaticism.

Finally, I will mention Saint Thomas. He had the privilege of witnessing Christ's mission on Earth, with all the preaching (and, of that, beyond what is included in the Gospels) and miracle-working that entailed. Yet he refused to believe in the Resurrection until he received physical proof. Christ only mildly and indirectly rebuked him. Perhaps some of the atheists who show good heart are like Saint Thomas?

[And even Christopher Hitchens opposed abortion].

josephite likes this.
  11. padraig

padraig Powers

Christopher's brother Peter, is I believe, a Catholic Apologist.

http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/homosexuality/

[​IMG]

Julia and DeGaulle like this.
  12. CrewDog

CrewDog Guest

Below is another example of how the usual suspects at The NY Times and. likewise, the Democrat (EU?) Left think/feel about The Catholic Church! I know we have some Lefties here at MOG that, somehow, still justify voting for/supporting the godless Left of unlimited Abortion & Perversion ..... that same godless Left that soon, no doubt, will be scapegoating Christians in general and Catholics in particular for all the Nations troubles!

"Maureen Dowd Slams Hollywood Sexism: "It’s a Sick Society – Like the Catholic Church and Saudi Arabia"

http://www.thewrap.com/maureen-dowd-hollywood-sexism-sick-society-catholic-church-saudi-arabia/

GOD SAVE ALL HERE!!

13. MMM

MMM Guest

It still comes down to good and bad, right and wrong. Actions dictate. Labels only mean something if the individual acts exactly as the label states. Rare. People love to label people into groups to demonize them or hold them on a pedestal. Is every Christian saved? Is every Muslim condemed? Is every liberal person bad, is every conservative God's favorite?

God's plan is a mystery but some think they have it totally figured out.

I think the label "sinner" fits most including me.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2015
    josephite and Julia like this.
  14. padraig

padraig Powers

I don't know, 'MMM', I think you can take the, 'A plague on both your houses ', thing only so far. I know of no country in the world for instance where a Muslim could face death or imprisonment for becoming a Christian. I know of no Christian suicide bombers.

I know of no country in the West where it is illegal to buld a Mosque or to freely follow their Faith. On the other hand I know of many Islamic countries were Christians face death or imprisonment for simply living their Faith.

I hope I do not come across like a red neck but I think there is real problem with Fundamentalist Islam at the moment.

Yes you can point towards what the West has or is doing at present or in the past, but that doesn't change the fact that there is a very real danger in Islam.

I am kind of thinking if I took my dog to the vet with a sore paw and he told me there was a dog up the street with a sore tail, it wouldn't help my dog's paw very much.

Julia, DeGaulle and CrewDog like this.
  15. MMM

MMM Guest

I see your point Padraig. I do agree the big picture is troubling for Christians which could very well translate to trouble for us individually. Talking about the big picture problem is great, but how will that change anything that happens? What we do with our own personal interactions is what matters, doesn't it? Are you going to move if a muslim family moves next door? Are you going to meet them and find out if they are good people first? Or label them without meeting them? The same with an athiet, Hindu, Jew, etc. Often you don't have a label for your new neighbor. You meet them first.

I see broadstroke labels as a real problem. Sure they may make sense in a big picture assessment but my and most peoples power and influence is small so I will take what God's presents me without judgement first. I think there is a real trust issue here, are we really trusting God's knows us, loves us, tests us, knows the count of every hair on our heads, yet doesn't control if a Muslim family moves next door. This may very well be His plan and your test, correct?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2015
  16. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

Once again you are right on the money DeGaulle. The friend I mentioned as an atheist in my previous post was actually an anti-theist. He doesn't just not believe, he mocks. One of my favorite authors was Issac Asimov, an avowed atheist, but he didn't hate God. He simply thought it was all part of "mythology". He agreed much good has come out of religion and was very interested in it as a "cultural component". He wrote books on it which aren't disparaging but simply informative. This is very different from people who hate religions for it's own sake. Yes, there is a distinction there I was overlooking.

josephite, Julia and DeGaulle like this.
  17. CrewDog

CrewDog Guest

Julia likes this.
  18. padraig

padraig Powers

It is true we don't want to tar brush everyone. I am constantly checking and rechecking myself to see if I've gone down the tube on this.

They say the first victim of war is the truth. Perhaps that is not true . Perhaps the first great victim of war is the loss of love for our neighbour, whoever or whatever they happen to be.

The bottom line though is I think given the huge population ,wealth and technology under the current Islamic Caliphate I have no doubt they will employ a weapon of mass destruction in the very ,very near future. After that all bets are off, it would be like trying to reason with a whirlwind.

Sigh.

I have given up hope long since on any earthly power getting us out of this one.

My eyes and heart are turned to heaven.

Julia, CrewDog and DeGaulle like this.
  19. padraig

padraig Powers

Wow!! Bill Maher, no less, who'd have thought?

I tell you one thing annoyed me recently and gave me concern. The Republic of Ireland was playing Bosnia (where Medugorje is located) in the European Soccer Championship just a fews day ago. Now all over Europe at these games folks have been standing to give a few minutes silence in memory of the poor people who were butchered in Paris just a little while back. The Irish players and fans went silent of course but more than a few of the Bosnians (who are mostly Muslims) did not keep quiet but cheered and mocked the deaths of the French.

I just find this, personally very ,very alarming that that they should cheer the mass murder of Parisians. It has made me wonder...

Here is a video of the Bosnians shouting and booing and shouting, 'Palestine'. What's more they did this in Ireland.

We're talking about support for mass murder of civilians here:

DeGaulle likes this.
  20. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

It was the same in a game between Greece and Turkey. This can only end one way.