1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Hit piece documentary on Our Lady

Discussion in 'Books, movies, links, websites.' started by archangel michael, Oct 2, 2017.

1. archangel michael

archangel michael Moderator

Haven't seen it yet, but I've garnered enough to see where this one goes.
    Beware! It is a hit piece against Our Lady of Fatima and the miracle of the sun.

Here is the trailer

Watch "Fatima Trailer! Miracle of the Sun or a Harbinger of Deception!" on YouTube

From this guys website. http://lamarzulli.net/

Unfortunately, I will watch it in order to refute whatever false or misleading citations this guy uses to paint Our Lady in such a ugly despicable light. This guy Marzulli is obviously a Christian not a Catholic and produced this documentary with pre conceived notions. Namely, the usual protestant Mary bashing mantra. FYI.

Oh Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee.

AED likes this.
  2. gracia

gracia Angels

Sadly, Protestant Christians are stuck in a weird bubble that excludes the first 1,500 years of Catholic Christian thought and practice. They can only see and understand what is specifically spelled out in Scripture. And it's a great thing that they have Scripture, and faith, but there is a disconnect between reality as it is, and what they can comprehend.

They have no way to grasp or comprehend Marian devotion, and thus believe it is Satanic. Which is a loss for them. Pray for them. There is so much that they can not see. It is to their loss.

AED likes this.
  3. gracia

gracia Angels

I have a Mennonite friend who is a great friend to me. I enjoy our conversations so much, as it's mostly theology and what is going on in our spiritual and day to day lives, and it's good to connect.

But her only go-to resource for spiritual help or direction in Scripture, and the clothing traditions of Mennonites. Which is fine, and alright, but the more deeply I study the Catholic Church and learn to pray and trust as a Catholic, the more I see and sense a great value and depth in Marian devotion, the Saints, and history.

The Mennonites have Scripture and their own habits, but can't quote Saints or turn to them for spiritual help. She is a dear woman with a sincere and deep faith, and it's awesome to talk to her. But there are all these awesome additional graces available to Christians through the Church which Protestants are unaware of. Or even hostile to. They have access to many graces, but they could have access to many more through the Church. Many have been terribly brainwashed, misinformed, and taught history poorly.

4. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Scripture diminishes its inherent value through private interpretation. Each person who takes scripture and interprets it unto their own likening is a pope unto himself. Its true value lies in the fact that scripture needs an infallible teacher and that is why Jesus left us a Church and a visible head to keep it from error. Like I have argued with Protestants for 30 years..... Find me just one (doctrine) teaching on faith and morals that has ever changed in the Catholic faith and I will renounce my faith. Yet, I can fine dozens in any Protestant denomination of the Catholic faith that have changed what scripture and 2000 years of magisterial teachings have defined. Most Protestants do not understand this. It is what is being debated now in the Catholic faith with Pope Francis teachings. He is trying to change what God has said is absolute truth and cannot be changed. Truth cannot ever change.

5. padraig

padraig New Member

But this is exactly the huge Crisis of Faith we are facing at the moment. People used to say, 'At least Catholics no where they stand'. People can no longer say this under the current Pontificate. It is not that the people have left the Papacy but that the Papacy has left the people. The current Pontiff thinks he knows better than 2,000 years of Church Teaching and Scriptures itself. All in the name of being Modern and up to date and being relevant, whatever that means.

Christ was never relevant in this sense. If He had been they would never have nailed him to a Cross. You know you are travelling the right path when folks spit in your face as they did in the case of Jesus. Not when rags like the New York Times idolise you in Editorials repeatedly

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/a...t-spat-on-cursed-at-for-opposing-gay-marriage

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    SgCatholic, gracia, Booklady and 2 others like this.
  6. padraig

padraig New Member

Or when we betray Faithful Chinese Catholics to the Communists

7. Blizzard

Blizzard thy kingdom come

With this deal "Beijing would have a hand in approving bishops"

"You are betraying Jesus Christ".

Hey, but I guess he´s just "building bridges" right? :(

8. Blizzard

On the other hand...

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/g...ple-answer-yes-or-no-australian-catholic-bish

[​IMG]
    Bishop Vincent Long Van Nguyen
    [​IMG]Pete BaklinskiFollow Pete

NEWSCATHOLIC CHURCH, HOMOSEXUALITY, MARRIAGEWed Sep 13, 2017 - 4:05 pm EST

Did this bishop just tell Catholics they could vote for gay ‘marriage’?
    Australia , Catholic , Homosexuality , Parramatta , Same-Sex 'Marriage' , Vincent Long Van Nguyen

PARRAMATTA, Australia, September 13, 2017 (LifeSiteNews) -- An Australian Catholic bishop appointed by Pope Francis has penned a letter to his flock that seems to suggest it doesn’t matter how they vote in the country’s referendum on same-sex “marriage.”

SIGN THE PETITION: Tell this bishop to take a clear stand against ‘gay marriage'

“It should not be a matter of a simple answer Yes or No to the postal survey,” Bishop Vincent Long Van Nguyen of the Catholic diocese of Parramatta wrote in a letterpublished online September 13.

The vote “should also be an opportunity for us to listen to what the Spirit is saying through the signs of the times,” he added.

Bishop Long’s letter comes as Australia gears up for a voluntary survey on same-sex “marriage” this month.

9. Blizzard

And here: https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/a...rs-resigned-to-same-sex-marriage-becoming-law

The perfect modernist position:
    [​IMG]
    Maitland-Newcastle Catholic Bishop Bill Wright
    [​IMG]Lisa BourneFollow Lisa

Catholic bishop: There’s a good argument for legalizing gay ‘marriage’
    Australia , Australian Catholic Bishops Conference , Bill Wright , Catholic , Homosexuality ,Same-Sex 'Marriage' , Tony Abbott

NEWCASTLE WEST, Australia, September 19, 2017 (LifeSiteNews) — An Australian bishop says he believes there's a valid "common good" argument for the government to legalize same-sex "marriage".

As the country votes in a postal survey on the issue, Maitland-Newcastle Catholic Bishop Bill Wright all but suggested Catholics can vote "yes" in a September articlefor Aurora, the diocesan magazine.

"The question about any proposed law is not whether it squares with church teaching or a moral ideal, but whether it is a good practical rule for people living in this society at this time," the bishop argues in his September 6 article. "Such a ‘common good’ argument can be made that, in our pluralist society, it does more for community peace and harmony for gay couples to have a place in the recognised structures than for them to be excluded."

The voluntary plebiscite runs from September 12 through November 7.

In a 2015 article, the bishop had said that redefining marriage ‘‘won’t be the end of the world.’’

‘‘It would be better to save the name ‘marriage’ for the thing it has long defined: the shared life-project of a man and a woman who commit to a lifelong partnership, intending to have children together and to create a home and family,” Bishop Wright wrote. “But the time for that has probably passed.’’

If the ballots come back with a “Yes” majority in the current ongoing postal survey, the government will introduce a bill to legalize same-sex “marriage.” If Australian citizens vote “No” in the majority, gay “marriage” activists will likely mount a challenge.

His comments this month preceded those from fellow Australian Bishop Vincent Long Van Nguyen of Parramatta, who seemed to suggest recently that it did not matter how his flock voted in the plebiscite.

“It should not be a matter of a simple answer Yes or No to the postal survey,” Bishop Van Nguyen wrote, rather the vote “should also be an opportunity for us to listen to what the Spirit is saying through the signs of the time.”

Bishop Wright did acknowledge concern in his column this month over the social consequences of legalizing same-sex “marriage,” including possible persecution in the here and now of small businesses and individuals who cannot perform their services for gay “weddings” as a matter of conscience, and in the future, the possibility of churches and schools suffering consequences for teaching the Christian view of marriage. He encouraged citizens to consider, talk and pray about the matter. However, he did not affirm either that societal implications and religious liberty were reason to vote with Church teaching and against gay “marriage,” and advised people to vote for what they believe would be best.

A recent poll commissioned by same-sex “marriage” advocates said 66 percent of Catholics are leaning toward a "yes" vote in the upcoming postal survey, the same percentage as the general population.

10. Blizzard

From the article above:

"The question about any proposed law is not whether it squares with church teaching or a moral ideal, but whether it is a good practical rule for people living in this society at this time,"

‘‘It would be better to save the name ‘marriage’ for the thing it has long defined: the shared life-project of a man and a woman who commit to a lifelong partnership, intending to have children together and to create a home and family,” Bishop Wright wrote. “But the time for that has probably passed.’’

Wow! That from a bishop! So if society says euthanasia, abortion, contraception, cloning, genetic manipulation etc. are "good practical rules" the church should simply go along and agree!

Can you imagine if Our Lord and the saints had followed that rule!

[​IMG]

AED, gracia and SgCatholic like this.
  11. Blizzard

[​IMG]

AED, gracia and SgCatholic like this.
  12. AED

AED Powers

Which spirit? Which spirit is he listening to?

13. AED

AED Powers

Good practical rules like good intentions can pave the road to hell. I don't even know where to start in rebuking this commentary by Bishop Wright.

Blizzard likes this.
  14. AED

AED Powers

Yes Gracia you are right. My husband and family as well as one of my daughters in law are Protestant and the same old canards surface. It takes much prayer I think and a lot of Holy Spirit dynamite to blow up the wall of ignorance that encloses them. And yet I have known so many protestants who love the Lord and lead faithful and devout lives.

gracia likes this.