1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Has forum membership increased or declined recently?

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by Blizzard, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Blizzard

Blizzard thy kingdom come

Has membership increased or declined since the forum took a - shall we say - more critical approach to the current papacy?

I don´t want to suggest that concern over numbers should take precedence over the pursuit of truth - far from that. I personally think the forum is on the right course - pursue and expose the truth no matter how painful it might be. And do it with mercy and kindness.

But I´m just curious.

2. Mario

Mario Powers

Blizzard,

I know Padraig has access to all the statistical data; not sure if other moderators do.:unsure::cautious:

Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

3. gracia

gracia Angels

Well... If a guest comes who is not Catholic, but who feels uneasy with / seeks answers as to certain aspects of Francis' words and actions, having a forum where that can be openly discussed would be a blessing.

I have seen other Catholic forums and Christian forums decry or hound Catholic posters who suggest that something might be very, very off about Francis. They are not aloud to speak. Having a space on-line to raise serious and real concerns about Francis, even if purely speculative, is a good thing.

4. Blizzard

Blizzard thy kingdom come

This question has just been answered by Padraig in another thread:

the forum has more members than every before, though there was a fair hiving off during a period of strife. Far fewer than I expected. Given the openess on the forum I consider it a real miracle the forum did not go into MELT DOWN. The viewing figures are as high as they ever where.

But the forum is much improved in this that we have a general consensus mind or view point which makes us a 1000 times stronger as a community.

Again we have seen miracles here, not least the miracle of communal charity.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2017
    BrianK likes this.
  5. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

We are indeed very blessed that we have a general consensus and are unified in seeing the errors that are being spread throughout the Church. I think we all need the spiritual and interpersonal strength that gives us. This is a very special place on the internet.

I think we have indeed reached the time when many will seek teachers who tell them what they want to hear rather than the Truth.

2Preach the word: be instant in season, out of season: reprove, entreat, rebuke in all patience and doctrine. 3For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: 4And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables.
    -2 Timothy 4:2

6. Jarg

Jarg Archangels

We are definitely blessed to at least attempt to learn and live the teachings of the Holy Mother Church as they were handed on to us, and not to attempt to create new teachings, or new developments that contradict those teachings. The current modernists ruling the Church, with great sophistry, are equating apostolic tradition to phariseism, because it is the obstacle to their agenda which places the earthly welfare of the individual or society at the very top.

https://www.catholic.com/tract/apostolic-tradition
    Thus Paul tells the Corinthians, "I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I have delivered them to you" (1 Cor. 11:2), and he commands the Thessalonians, "So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thess. 2:15). He even goes so far as to order, "Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you keep away from any brother who is living in idleness and not in accord with the tradition that you received from us" (2 Thess. 3:6).

7. padraig

padraig New Member

I had a truly terrible dream two nights ago. I dream I had just left my local parish Church and there was fighting and devils everywhere. The devils were like slave masters that had enslaved mankind who crawled naked and in chains everywhere , crawling on the ground. The devils saw me and came to cover me on chains and drag me to the ground. But no matter how they pulled I did not fall. They called a senior devil who laughed and said, 'Soon we will drag him to the ground and he will crawl too!'

I think this was a true dream in that the devil seems everywhere triumphant. But still there are some of us who still stand in the light of truth. They will never put us in the chains of their lies or force us to crawl on the ground.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    Don_D, sterph, Mary's child and 3 others like this.
  8. padraig

padraig New Member

I think the victory is Charity. So long as we never loose Charity we are always victorious.

Don_D, BrianK and gracia like this.
  9. AED

AED Powers

Yes Padraig. We must will to be charitable and act with love even if our emotions rebel. Love is an act of will and I have learned it goes hand in hand with humility. I think your dream both comforts and warns. We will have to be ready to die when they try to force us to crawl.and that martyrdom is the greatest grace of all. Your vision reminds me of the harrowing of the shire from LOTR.

10. padraig

padraig New Member

I think that the world is in a very,very, very bad way indeed. Much, much worse than I ever dreamt. So too the Church.

Don_D, sterph, Mary's child and 3 others like this.
  11. AED

AED Powers

I think if we could see with spiritual eyes the landscape would be terrifying. I suspect our Lord shows you that from time to time for you seem to have profound insight into our current desperate dilemma. What takes my breath away is how suddenly God's grace was snatched from the world and how quickly the forces of Hell advanced. Prior to 2013 it was bad but there seemed a real counter force at work through Holy young priests and many new vocations and an increase in Eucharistic Adoration. Also public resistance to the homosexual agenda. And then....the icy wind blew through the Church and the Winnowing has begun in earnest. Only God can pull us through.

12. padraig

padraig New Member

I think what Our Lady has said is that the devil would appear everywhere Triumphant bu at the very last moment heaven, through Our Lady would snatch victory from his grasp.

The first part seems true in that at the moment the devil does indeed appear everywhere Triumphant. The very worst thing was the Fall of the Vatican. That was our Alamo.

So now we wait for Heaven to act dramatically. I have complete confidence, but no doubt these are desperate, desperate times.

Humanly speaking, yes, I would say we are completely defeated. But God's Church is more than merely human and so is the Mother of the Church. Mary Most Holy.

[​IMG]

13. padraig

padraig New Member

djmoforegon and AED like this.
  14. AED

AED Powers

Every word you say is minted gold. So correct and so real and yet so full of hope. Surgical analysis of a deadly cancer. Yes we have had our Alamo and the "eclipse" seems complete. But I trust in the promises of God through our Lady and remember Chesterton's priceless words: the Catholic Church has gone to the dogs at least 4 times in history and each time it is the dog who died.

15. Mary's child

Mary's child Archangels

Agreed, these times are like to a whirlwind avalanche, at some point it reaches the bottom of the mountain and stops. Our heavenly Mother will be there at the base ready to stop it with her most immaculate heart and a really good foot stomping to Satan's head. I am looking forward to this, until then I will keep praying for the conversions of those who are blinded and deceived by the malicious one. Mary most blessed and most holy please pray for us that we be made worthy of our Lord Jesus, your son. Thank you Mary for your fiat and thank you for teaching us humility, patience and endurance for the coming completion of our heavenly Father's work.