1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone read Lord of the World by Robert Benson

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by Don_D, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Don_D

Don_D Powers

I recently read a blurb that both Pope Francis as well as Pope Benedict had recommended that this book be read and so I picked up a copy on Amazon for Kindle. At .99 cents it is cheap enough but I am wondering if anyone else has read this book and what they took away from it in retrospect.

My intention was from the beginning to hope to glean some insight into the thinking of Pope Francis. Because I have a very hard time with his teaching.

I also found it strange that both Pope Francis as well as Pope Benedict would recommend the same reading. Since at arms length they both seem so very different in their Pontificates.

My intuition with Pope Francis in the very beginning was one that he underatood what is coming for the world very soon and after reading this book I am further convinced of it. I do not understand his methods however but I now more firmly believe this to be the case.

If you have not read this book I would reccomend it. It is a quick read at only 246 pages.

The simillarities to modern times are startling in many ways even extending to a few things Pope Francis has commented on. All the more so when pondering that this book was written in 1907.

AED likes this.
  2. padraig

padraig New Member

I have read this book by Monsignor Benson and other books as well. Hugh Benson was the grandson of the Archbishop of Canterbury but converted and became a Catholic priest. He wrote novels and stories on mysticism and reading between the lines I am convinced of the fact that he was a mystic with prophetical insights.

The period he writes about concerns the lead up to the coming of the Anti-Christ and the Anti-Christ himself and the apparent victory of Satan over the Church.

You can see why this may interest both both Pope Francis and Benedict as it appears to describe our present day.

But I wonder, I wonder, I wonder , I wonder. The Vatican knows so much that it keeps under its hat. It has the best intelligence organisation in the world. I wonder if they know something about Monsignor Hugh Benson and his prophetical writings that we do not? That they may know for good reason these are authentic?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Hugh_Benson

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    AED, Byron and Don_D like this.
  3. padraig

padraig New Member

DivineMercy likes this.
  4. Tanker

Tanker Principalities

I am purchasing on my Kindle and will read it today. Looks intriguing.

I am also confused by Pope Francis. My biggest problem is the ambiguity and the stubborn refusal to teach clearly. So many thoughts go through my mind. Personally, I think it is unmerciful to teach someone something and leave them in chaos.

The thought has occurred to me, more than once, that the Pope and the Vatican at large, knows much more than is being let out, so to speak. Of course, this just screams conspiracy....lol, but the thoughts have crossed my mind. Sometimes I think the Pope is trying to gather as many people to the fold that have fallen away before something BIG will happen. Sometimes I think he is just part of the one world government pushers and he is pushing the agenda at large.

So many thoughts go through my mind. We are living in monumental times. I can tell you, personally, I have felt something coming for several years now. What that is I just don't know. I don't follow prophecy or apparitions closely. I am just learning about many of them. Of course, Fatima I know about and do the First Saturdays for years now and some of the bigger approved ones. But outside of that, end time stuff is just an interest. I don't want to get swept away and take my eyes off the prize, which is Jesus.

The Lord seems to be teaching me to only rely on him, at least that is my conclusion. The things I used to be able to rely on ( my government, my society, my friends and acquaintances), seem to be falling apart. Everything is upside down and backwards. Now even my Church seems to be wavering and falling apart. The only thing I seem to be able to rely on is God and His constant teachings. And maybe the Lord has shown me this so I do just that. Am I making any sense? It is very frustrating and disheartening. But The Lord will not leave us orphans. He is still with us always. I know everyone here knows that but just writing some of my thoughts this morning.

I am going to read the small book :)

5. djmoforegon

djmoforegon Archangels

I read it a while back and found it extremely prophetic. As time has passed, I am confused by the choices of Pope Francis. If he truly believes this is a map of our future, why has he made choices that seem to propel us smack into the middle of it?

sterph and Tanker like this.
  6. Denise P

Denise P Principalities

I read it a couple of years ago so some of the storyline is a little fuzzy. But for some reason the storyline with the young woman who succumbed to euthanasia still haunts me. Her lineage of the faith was lost in a generation. I feel that generation is upon us. Being a cradle Catholic and doing everything to pass your faith on to the next generation then seeing it lost before your very eyes is heart wrenching.

7. padraig

padraig New Member

Yes I also am very confused by this. On the one hand I suppose Pope Francis would be bracketed as a , 'Liberal', or , 'Modernist'. (I don't like labelling people but what can you do?) but on the other hand this book would be much more in line with a very Traditionalist/ Conservative narrative about what is going on . So who knows really?

I am fond of conspiracy theories myself. The Vatican has a lot of secret stuff tucked away in its archive/ libraries. Some of these are , 'Black Books', commonly called Grimoires which are Satanic Books. I am convinced a lot of these have to do with the bringing forth of the anti Christ trough Satanic Ritual a la Rosemarys Baby. I believe the Church has set aside a special group of people to guard against this, thus the Vatican Observatory in Arizona. I believe any new Pope gets briefed on this right away as soon as he is elected. With hard, hard incontrovertible evidence even a Modernist has to own up to.

Can I prove this? Well no in the very nature of things I can't because it is secret but yes I do believe it is quite true.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimoire

Don_D and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  8. djmoforegon

djmoforegon Archangels

Another point to ponder from this book are the euthanasia squads that Denise P mentioned. Judging from the "scholars" that attended recent events at the Pontifical Academy of Sciences, is our Pope trying to prepare us for the inevitable? Nope, sadly I believe he is promoting it.

AED and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  9. Tanker

Tanker Principalities

I feel kind of sorry for our atheist brother in this clip. Wonder how he will feel when he dies and is faced with the Truth? Going to pray for him.

The Vatican Observatory has tours regularly . We are not far from it. In fact, our county (Pinal County) has light restrictions for the exact reason of light pollution because of the observatory. It's DARK where we are at night, unless there is a full moon.

I never thought it was unusual that the Vatican or the CC would study science :rolleyes: People are so funny.

earthtoangels, Don_D and Carol55 like this.
  10. Don_D

Don_D Powers

Yeah me either, when you consider that prophecy speaks of signs in the heavens it makes sense to me. As well, when considering the age of reason (The enlightenment!) and science has replaced that of the super natural and faith. Even to the degree that the Church itself many times downplays it in regard to personal revelation of faithful laity. I personally believe that science in fact gives evidence for the existence of God but I suspect I am not in the majority with that view.

AED and Tanker like this.
  11. Fatima

Fatima Powers

What you said reminded me of today's first reading:
    Reading 1 Jer 20:10-13
    Jeremiah said: "I hear the whisperings of many: 'Terror on every side! Denounce! let us denounce him!' All those who were my friends are on the watch for any misstep of mine. 'Perhaps he will be trapped; then we can prevail, and take our vengeance on him.' But the LORD is with me, like a mighty champion: my persecutors will stumble, they will not triumph. In their failure they will be put to utter shame, to lasting, unforgettable confusion. O LORD of hosts, you who test the just, who probe mind and heart, let me witness the vengeance you take on them, for to you I have entrusted my cause. Sing to the LORD, praise the LORD, for he has rescued the life of the poor from the power of the wicked!"

AED, Don_D and Tanker like this.
  12. Fatima

Fatima Powers

I bought this book 6 months ago and started to read it. I read as long as I could, but could not get into it. It was very odd reading for me and perhaps I should try again.

13. Dolours

Dolours Powers

I haven't read it. I tried and failed to find a kindle version of it on Amazon when the Pope recommended it. Funny how now that Don says it is available for kindle, after following Padraig's link to the adaptation on youtube, I discovered that the full audio book is also available on youtube. There are actually two options for the audio book, one with a male reader and the other a female reader. I'm about to start listening to the male voiced version because the sound is loader and clearer. Here's a link to part 1:

AED, Tanker and Don_D like this.
  14. padraig

padraig New Member

This is my favourite book by Monsignor Benson. it is a series of mystical stories, they are put forward as just stories but in actual fact I suspect they actually happened and the Father witnessed them.

They are not , maybe, for the faint hearted. They force us to think a little. They are not in some respects often like the stories we hear from the lives of the saints in that they are kind of ,as the French say, 'Outre' , or as Amercans might say, 'Batted off field. ' Or as we in Ireland say, 'Hard to swallow'. I don't find them difficult to except myself but there you go. When we look at the mystical and paranormal we come up with all kind sof strange fish. On thing about the mystical is that we cannot understand everything, nor should we expect too. We have to be a little humble, a little in awe. To say we just don't know.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Supernatural-Stories-Monsignor-Robert-Benson/dp/1616460040

[​IMG]

Byron, AED and Don_D like this.
  15. padraig

padraig New Member

I'll tell you a story that happened to me a few years back which might be hard to swallow but is quite like the stories Monsignor Hugh Benson tells.

I was camping far north on the Antrim Coast and had gotten a series of walks to do I had never done before from the tourist board. One was to a forest in the middle of nowhere. This was not a tourist place but a kind of wild forest with no planned paths, very remote, I newer saw another soul there all day. I came upon a site of stones very ancient. There was a plaque that showed it had been a place of worship for ancient man I forget how long but thousands of years ago. You see these sites right across Ireland but this was a very ancient one. I caught the feeling of the site right away but had the storng feeling that something was still there and was taking an exact interest in me.

Well I continued thorugh the forest towards the top of a mountain when the weather on this hot summers day suddenly changed. There was intense thunder and lightening came. So storm the lightening actually made me crouch, though i am not usually afraid of such things. But in the gloom as I looked back I saw that something was following me. It looked exactly as the Scandanavians decsribe a Troll. It was maybe 12 or 14 feet high on high spindly legs and kind of roundish. It as of course a little frightened and prayed for protection. It was explained to me that what the thing was , was the demon attached to the ancient worship spot. For a long time the ancients had worshipped it as a God with blood sacrifice. But as Chrisitainity had come to Ireland people no longer came to feed it, it became hungry, it needed and wanted blood and was following me in the hope of getting some. That it was as harmless as a kind of praeternatural fly, so long as it was not fed.

St Paul speaks about these kind of demonic creatures..which the ancients thought to be Gods..which are really demons in scripture:

1 Corinthians 10:20

Flee from Idolatry
    …19Am I suggesting, then, that food sacrificed to an idol is anything, or that an idol is anything? 20No, but the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God. And I do not want you to be participants with demons. 21You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot partake in the table of the Lord and the table of demons too.…

[​IMG]

Byron, AED, Fatima and 1 other person like this.
  16. padraig

padraig New Member

Which is why when the first Christian Missionaries came the very first thing they did was to destroy these old sites or to 'cap ' them (draw down protection on them or to seal them) by putting up Chrisitian monastries and Churches so that the demons would be sealed in and could not come out.

A good example of this is in the life of St Benedict the Founder of Western Monasticism and Patron of Europe. When he was building the Monastery of Monte Cassino he did so on the site he uncovered an old site dedicated to the God Apollo (the Sun God) were a powerful demon rested impersonating Apollo and the Saint had to give Battle with it.

https://blog.catholicfaithstore.com/think-dont-need-st-benedicts-protection-think/

St. Benedict Moves a Large Stone by the Power of Prayer
    St. Benedict once again drove the devil away on a day when the monks were busy building a new monastery. As the monks were moving stones to use in the building of the structure, they came across a large stone that they weren’t able to lift. The group of monks repeatedly tried to move the stone, without success. They realized the devil was sitting on the stone, preventing it from being used in the building of the monastery. St. Benedict arrived and after praying, drove the devil away and was able to pick up the stone himself with little effort.

[​IMG]

Don_D likes this.
  17. padraig

padraig New Member

Actually if you want to witness such a thing go to say, red light district in any city or linger in the vicinity of an abortion mill.

Cold as ice. Scarey

Don_D likes this.
  18. padraig

padraig New Member

AED, sterph and Don_D like this.
  19. garabandal

garabandal Powers

What a great witness for Christ - the pro life Christian kept his cool and knew he was in the presence of evil and gave great witness to Christ.

Praise God.

AED likes this.
  20. garabandal

garabandal Powers

That is why I will never take Pope Francis seriously when he preaches that protecting the world's migrants and refugees is a moral imperative. Yet to the world's media he rarely speaks of the reality of the modern holocaust of abortion. At least the migrants have a voice. The unborn killed in their mothers wombs do not. It is a contradiction to speak up for one marginalized group and not another.

Indeed the Pope scolded Catholics for being 'obessed' with abortion!

Can he not make a connection between the evil that comes to the world that comes from heinous sins like abortion? I fear not.

AED and Fatima like this.