1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Hail the wounds of love

Discussion in 'On prayer itself' started by garabandal, Sep 26, 2016.

1. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Head of Wisdom crowned by thorns.

Hands that healed pierced by nails.

Feet that brought the Good News impaled.

Heart of Love lacerated by a lance.

Hail the wounds of love.

Oh may the lance of love pierce our hearts.

And let us accept the little crowns of suffering sent our way.

May our hands be filled with good deeds in His name

And our feet walk the sacrificial path of Love.

Let us hail the sacred wounds of love.

AED, gracia, sterph and 5 others like this.
  2. garabandal

garabandal Powers

[​IMG]

So, so beautiful. Who can understand true love but the one who suffers?

AED, Mario, djmoforegon and 3 others like this.
  3. garabandal

garabandal Powers

[​IMG]
    The seven sorrows of Mary

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
    gracia, AED, djmoforegon and 3 others like this.
  4. Mario

Mario Powers

One wound of love in our lives is the hunger we have to experience the Beatific Vision: I desire to look upon Him whom I have pierced.

In the first reading at Holy Mass this morning (Tuesday) we hear the Lord speak of His servant, Moses:

Throughout my house he bears my trust: face to face I speak to him; plainly and not in riddles. The presence of the LORD he beholds.

Psalm 27 also expresses this theme beautifully:

6 And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies round about me; and I will offer in his tent sacrifices with shouts of joy; I will sing and make melody to the LORD. 7 Hear, O LORD, when I cry aloud, be gracious to me and answer me!
    8 Thou hast said, "Seek ye my face." My heart says to thee, "Thy face, LORD, do I seek."

It is true that in heaven we will be reunited with faithful loved ones and that grieving tears and sorrow will be no more. But we must remember that the true goal of our hearts should be to forever treasure God's presence. I 've notice that as the Liturgy of the Hours has been more and more habituated into my prayer life, this theme is constantly brought to the fore:

The Responsory for Tuesday in Week II:

I shall know the fullness of joy, when I see your face, O Lord.
    -- I shall know the fullness of joy, when I see your face, O Lord.

Fulfillment and endless peace in your presence,
    -- when I see your face, O Lord.

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit!
    -- I shall know the fullness of joy, when I see your face, O Lord.

Maranatha! Come Lord Jesus!

Rev 22:20 He who testifies to these things says, "Surely I am coming quickly." Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

gracia and sterph like this.
  5. Mario

Mario Powers

One must always pray from the heart and learn to be still in the Lord's presence. But I continue to find inspiration in the official prayers of the Church, whether at Holy Mass or in the Divine Office. My beautiful wife pointed out the following from today's Liturgy of the Hours:

Eternal Father...make us love and obey you, so that the work of our hands may always display what your hands have done, until the day we gaze upon the beauty of your face.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017 at 3:28 PM
    gracia and Don_D like this.
  6. padraig

padraig New Member

This made me think of the beautiful hymn we sing at Passiontide, 'Oh Sacred head now wounded'.

[​IMG]