Gratitude

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by padraig, Jan 20, 2013.

1. padraig

padraig Powers

Thanks for a beatiful evening!

I walked along the sea shore and heard the sea birds calling shrill and kind of sad. In the twilight I watched them pecking along the sand and thought what a strange life they have.:)

..and I said to myself, what a beautiful world!;)

Donna A, sunburst, RoryRory and 2 others like this.
  2. HOPE

HOPE Guest

Perhaps you could just make this a sticky, so members would know where to find this thread when they wanted to post their thanksgiving and gratitude posts?

These are wonderful to read!

Mary's child likes this.
  3. padraig

padraig Powers

:) I hope it is stuck.

4. Thank you God for caring so much for me a sinner putting up with me when I don't go your way (it must be hard just as it is for any parent who see their child do their own thing) thanks for your belief in me when I can't see it in myself. Thank you for loving me especially time I don't like myself:)

5. Mary's child

Mary's child Guest

Thank you for the wind on my face. For every bud on the tree. For every blade of grass. Every drop of rain, every flower, every bird that I can hear singing... For all of these say.. "I love you"

Thank you for your great love for us God, we love you too. :love:

6. awaitwithjoy

awaitwithjoy Guest

Prayer request

My good CAtholic friend Diana

she just got news of pre-cancerous microcalcifications
    She has been suffering for a long time with other health problems too and now to learn of this recently.

God be with her , Mary and Jesus every step of the way,
    console her at her darkest hours
    give her strength to attend to her daily chores
    put a smile on her face
    bring laughter on dark days
    regardless what is occuring to admire the beauty of all Gods creations
    to be at peace and offer up her cross
    to continue to do everything possible to restore health as she always has...tiressly so

7. padraig

padraig Powers

Praying for healing for Diane :)

8. awaitwithjoy

awaitwithjoy Guest

Thank you Padraig.

Diana is my strength and dear friend.
    My sounding board, the Lord will give her many stars in her crowns for this...

Lord help me to control my tongue and artenoids,
    take them, make them speak only of your love

Lord help me with my expressions
    take my eyebrows and not let my nose flare
    raise them to speak volumes of peace and hope

Lord only allow my hands to speak with love and education of spreading your word and great mercy for us sinners
    take my phalanges and do with them as I should.

Mario likes this.
  9. Daniel

Daniel Angels

Another prayer answered - we have some contractors working on our house and one of them nearly sliced his finger off with a circular saw. I prayed for my guardian angel to accompany him to the hospital where thankfully they were able to save his finger. I have never asked my guardian angel to be at someone's side not have proof of positive intercession. Thanks be to God.

awaitwithjoy likes this.
  10. padraig

padraig Powers

The hand of God.:)

It must have been a big shock seeing this for you all Daniel. Prayers for you all. Life is so uncertain.

11. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

Prayer answered...some resolution to my living arrangement. The family I am living with have agreed to let me stay here until the end of September!! they originally wanted me to move out at the end of May. Thank you God and I'm sure Our Lady had something to do with this ;) Thanks for all the prayers. Hopefully by September my life will have a lot more clarity around it!

HOPE, Mario and mothersuperior7 like this.
  12. padraig

padraig Powers

I will keep praying Cathy.:)

Edge of the seat stuff.

13. Mario

Mario Powers

Yipee! Alleluia! :ROFLMAO:

Safe in the Refuge of the Immaculate Heart!

14. padraig

padraig Powers

Thanks for all who have been praying for the forum and for me. I felt it so strongly this morning like a warm loving wave of light.

Its so kind of you and to someone so far away.

Thanks so much.

15. padraig

padraig Powers

By the way, I don't think its a coincidence but twice as many people visited the forum yesterday as usual.:)

16. kathy k

kathy k Guest

What a fabulous, inspired idea! Thank you.

17. kathy k

kathy k Guest

Thank you so much for posting this! I doubt if there is one of us on this forum who doesn't have a child or close family member who worries us, spiritually speaking.

This touching story just reinforces the fact that when you have a devotion to the Blessed Mother, your concerns are her concerns. And when you consecrate yourself to her, she is minding your business even closer.

18. HOPE

HOPE Guest

That was the feast day of St. Josemaria Escriva. On that day I posted something to him on the Rosary thread and then did a decade to him for his intercession for us on the forum. During it I felt he was suddenly there. I am not a visionary, but I felt I could see him interiorly and was overwelmed with such a sweet loving presence. I think he is one of the sweetest saints in heaven. He's been with me since in prayer, what a sweet soul! It also reminds me of something else. One time I was walking along and a white hand came out and stopped me and said someone is praying for you. I knew I was meant to stop and pray. It just reminds me that we have to pray and accept the grace from people praying for us.

19. padraig

padraig Powers

[​IMG]
    St JoseMaria Escricva is a great favourite of mine, thanks for letting me know till I thank him.

Good works on the internet are just the kind of thing he would have been interested in .:)

HOPE likes this.
  20. HOPE

HOPE Guest

Pray it every day and with your family...Do not stop saying the rosary, for it is a great weapon, St Josemaria says in that video. thank you for the video, Padraig.