1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Garabandal News

Discussion in 'GARABANDAL LIBRARY' started by Aviso, Aug 17, 2011.

1. John T

John T Angels

I remember you posting this story. It is amazing & no I like most can't imagine it for my family. They would disown me. :O I know Conchitas children are grown now but do you know if she/they still do this? Just wondering. Merry Christmas Glenn. You are a blessing & a daily gift for all you do here. Peace!!

Carol55 and Glenn like this.
  2. Martina

Martina Pray Hope and don't worry: Padre Pio

Thank you for this.

Carol55 likes this.
  3. Glenn

Glenn Powers Staff Member

POPE PAUL VI AND GARABANDAL

The Blessed Virgin., in conversation with the young visionaries of Garabandal, mentioned the Holy Father on several occasions, and told them, "Pray, pray for the Pope" . It is an interesting fact that Pope Paul VI issued his encyclical "Mysterium Fidei" concerning "the weakening of devotion toward the Holy Eucharist" on September 3, 1965, only eleven weeks after Our Lady had complained, "Less and less importance is being given to the Eucharist."
    Early in 1966 Conchita was called to the Vatican. Cardinal Ottaviani, the pro-Prefect of the Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (Holy Office) had instructed Fr. Luna: "With or without the permission of the bishop, bring the young girls to me." During January 12-16 she was interviewed for 2 1/2 hours by the Cardinal and saw other members of the Congregation, afterwards she saw the Pope and gave him the date of the Great Miracle to come. She then paid a visit to Padre Pio, the famous stigmatist. Upon her return, at an audience in St. Peter's, the Holy Father came to her and announced joyfully in a clear voice, "Conchita, I, the Pope, bless you and with me the whole Church blesses you."

The November 7, 1968 bulletin of Peru's Legion Blanca under the imprimatur of Mgr. Alfonso Zapana Belliza, Bishop of Tacna, Peru, quotes the late Pope Paul VI as having said at a private audience these inspiring words: "Garabandal the most beautiful story of humanity since the birth of Jesus Christ! It is also the second sojourn of the most Holy Virgin on this earth, and we have no adequate words to express our gratitude."

Pope Paul VI had all the while shown a very special interest in the apparitions. At an audience given to Fr. Xavier Escalda, S.J., the latter mentioned there were many opponents of the apparitions even amongst his own people. His Holiness promptly rejoined:
    "It doesn't matter; tell these gentlemen that it is the Pope who has said that it is most important and most urgent to make these messages known to the world."

On March 3, 1969, the Pope, replying to a letter ' sent to him by Mrs. N. Baco of the Anglo-French Centre, sent his Apostolic Blessing to her and to all "Garabandalists in England and Ireland."
    In June 1969, Pope Paul sent his personal blessing to Difurora Mariana of Mexico, along with the gift of a crucifix for every member of the Garabandal Centre there, encouraging them to continue promoting the messages of Garabandal.
    On May 7, 1970, addressing a group of Garabandal pilgrims from St. Michael's. Garabandal Centre, Brockton, Mass., U.S.A., the Pope blessed their banner, saying, "Be in the Vanguard! Forward!" The following day L'Osservatore, the official Vatican newspaper, carried the news on the front page.

In 1975, Jacinta, the visionary visited Rome in order to gain the Holy Year indulgence. The then Bishop of Santander, Bishop del Val, had given her a personal letter of introduction addressed to certain Cardinals of the Sacred Congregation. She was received with great kindness by Cardinal Ottaviani for 30 minutes. He told her, "Jacinta, I am with you, but we have to pray much and have much patience . . : it. is necessary to pray that the Church will become aware of the importance of Garabandal." .Cardinal Philippe who was presiding over a Bishops' Conference, left it in order to meet her and tell her, "I bless you in the name of the Madonna and I am fully with you. " She was also told, ' `It is very important that the four of you remain united. "

paul vi.jpg

Carol55 and John T like this.
  4. Glenn

HAIR DRY IN RAIN June 1961 ,by Placido Ruiloba
    As the ecstasy was prolonged and the pathways became more difficult to traverse, my arm got tired from holding the umbrella and I closed it even though the rain continued without letup. I accompanied the girl for twenty minutes and was soaked through and through; my feet were swimming in my shoes. At the end of twenty minutes, we passed before a house lit by a small electric light bulb which enabled me to see to my amazement that the shoulders and head of the girl were completely dry. To make sure I passed my wet hand three times through her hair and dried it as if I were using a towel. All this I affirm, and would swear to it with my hand on the holy Gospels.

http://www.ourlady.ca/info/placidosProof.htm

5. Glenn

Conchita to youth groups 1970

The following words are taken from two letters written by Conchita to youth groups from France, during their pilgrimage to Garabandal in 1970 and 1972.

Conchita‘s written messages to youth group in France in 1970

TOPICS:

Life of Virtue

Fasting

The Eucharist

True happiness

The Rosary

Jesus’s passion

Examination of conscience

Look at Mary

http://www.garabandal.it/en/live-garabandal/youth/conchita-speaks

[​IMG]

Mario likes this.
  6. Glenn

7. Glenn

Recollections of Benjamin Gómez
    A man who witnessed several miracles at Garabandal

He tried to lift the girls in ecstasy and couldn’t
    He saw a man in Purgatory
    He was cured when near death
    He saw Mary at the foot of his death bed
    He taped the girls saying the rosary and heard Mary’s voice
    He saw the Host appear on Conchita’s tongue “the Little Miracle “

http://www.ourlady.ca/info/benjaminGomez.htm

8. Glenn

9. garabandalmiracle

garabandalmiracle New Member

why is there so little discussion as to what the miracle will be?

10. John T

John T Angels

Good question. In my humble opinion since Mary said "less and less importance is placed on the Eucharist," coupled with the fact that the Day of the Miracle will be on the feast day of Eucharistic Martyer of the church, the Miracle will be Eucharistic in nature wth God manifesting His true presence in the Host in the Form of what Conchita describes like a rainbow. "We will be able to see it and photograph it but not touch it." (The Permanant sign left at the Pines)

So again that's my total opinion based on a few Garabandal facts of what Miracle may be. Perhaps even Jesus on Crucifix will be seen but also in my opinion I believe that image to be more Warning related. Anyway, that's my two cents from being a Garabandalist for over 40 years. Peace!

DivineMercy and Carol55 like this.
  11. Glenn

I personally consider it the least important thing about the apparitions. I rather follow Conchita's advice :
    “To guess at dates regarding the [prophesied] Miracle shows a lack of faith in the Blessed Virgin .Indeed, the energies expended on this are so much better spent on living the Message! “

12. John T

John T Angels

Agreed. However the question /comment was What it may be(consist of) not when.

13. Mario

Mario Powers

Glenn,

The simple, wise, and straightforward advice of Conchita back in 1970 certainly suggests that her ongoing commitment to the Garabandal message some 45 years later is worthy of our consideration, time, and energy today!

Safe in the Refuge of the Immaculate Heart!

Glenn and John T like this.
  14. Glenn

loli-wed ring.jpg Mary places ring on correct finger

Fr. José Ramón García de la Riva relates the story in his “Memoirs.”
    Loli was in ecstasy and the moment everyone was excitedly awaiting arrived. Loli was going to return the objects which the Blessed Virgin had already kissed to their respective owners. As usual, the child began the task of, without looking and without making a mistake, taking them out, one by one, of the big pile where they were all mixed up and tangled and returning them to their owners. She took a wedding ring and placed it on the ring finger of the right hand of the woman to whom it belonged. But, almost immediately, and as if following mysterious instructions, Loli took the ring off of her right hand and placed it on the woman’s left hand. The lady couldn’t help herself and burst into tears. Why? Because, as she told the onlookers, she understood this to be a beautiful gesture from Our Lady because in Valencia, her home-town, the wedding rings are not worn on the same hand as in the rest of Spain, but rather they’re worn on the finger on which Loli had placed her ring. And if that wasn't enough, Loli said the lady’s husband’s name, and she had not told her husband’s name to anyone.

In this photo above, Mari Loli slips a wedding band on the owner’s finger ( without looking at who the person is ). Sometimes the visionaries would also say the name of the person’s spouse , which obviously there would be no way of them knowing that.

15. Glenn

When Mary appeared as Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, wearing the Brown Scapular over her arm, she instantly sent a message of its importance. It also connected the Brown Scapular to the devotions Mary talked about (the rosary, the morning offering, etc) to the Garabandal messages.
    Mary has appeared in four apparitions with the Brown Scapular.
    Aylesford in 1251
    Lourdes 1858
    Fatima 1917
    Garabandal 1961-65
    [​IMG]

josephite and Mario like this.
  16. Glenn

THE BLESSED MOTHER ON COMMUNION

Conchita has said:
    “The Blessed Virgin told us that it is a greater grace to receive Jesus in Holy Communion than to see her.”

"I asked the girls why they went to the church so often, since it was dosed (they were not allowed to enter it in ecstasy), and they answered candidly: BECAUSE THE VIRGIN LIKES TO GO NEAR THE PLACE WHERE HER SON JESUS IS.'" - Luis Navas, eyewitness
    http://www.garabandal.us/bo_eucharist

josephite likes this.
  17. Glenn

Merry Christmas and blessed New Year to all here ! One year closer to the Warning & Miracle !

18. John T

John T Angels

Merry Christmas Glenn. Once again, thanks for all you do here! Yes We certainly are 1 year closer to the events. Prayers! Peace!

Glenn and Carol55 like this.
  19. Mario

Mario Powers

To you, too, Glenn!

Safe in the Refuge of the Immaculate Heart!

Glenn, Julia and Carol55 like this.
  20. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

Glenn, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, your family and all of the other MOG members.

Glenn, raymond viernes, Julia and 2 others like this.