1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Garabandal Info & Answers

Discussion in 'GARABANDAL LIBRARY' started by Aviso, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Shane

Shane New Member

Sorry, Mario. The interview you refer to is a British one. Here is the link . The reference to her children is at 8:55.

Booklady likes this.
  2. Mario

Mario Powers

Thank you Shane. I've seen this video, also. The one I was referring to was filmed on the streets in NY and down on the beaches of Long Island. Perhaps the substance of what she shared about her children in that one is the same as in the one you posted. Thank you so much for taking the time to look! God bless you!

Safe in the Refuge of the Immaculate Heart!

Booklady likes this.
  3. Mario

Mario Powers

In America, raising children is a 24 hour a day...

Ain't that the truth!:D

Seagrace and Booklady like this.
  4. sponsa Christi

sponsa Christi Sponsa Christi Carmelite

GLenn do you know if Conchita Believes in Medjugori personaly do you believe in it I have doubts on Medjugori but I believe in Garabandal. Pope Francis. Has even had doubts. Also please pray for my family and all conversion of sinners And penance because if we do not pray enough a great chastisement will befall us on earth.
    Our lady of Garabandal

5. Shane

Shane New Member

In Ireland too!

6. Glenn

Glenn Powers Staff Member

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY: MAY 17
    With her permission, I reprint a brief note from Conchita to the present pastor of the village of Garabandal, Padre Rolando, to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the apparitions 1961-2011.

AVE MARIA

May 17, 2011

Dear Father Rolando,

I join with you in the celebration of the fiftieth anniversary of the events of Garabandal. It is for me fifty years of contemplating the most beautiful thing in the world. I give thanks to God for having been a part of those experiences, impossible to describe adequately, but which have pressed upon my soul the secure assurance of faith and hope.

I thank you, Father Rolando, for granting me the opportunity to recite the Message of Our Mother in the village yet again.

[ October 18,1961-We must make many sacrifices, perform much penance, and visit the Blessed Sacrament frequently. But first, we must lead good lives. If we do not, a chastisement will befall us. The cup is already filling up, and if we do not change, a very great chastisement will come upon us.]
    The Angel said:
    As my message of October 18 has not been complied with and has not been made known to the world, I am advising you that this is the last one. Before, the cup was filling up. Now it is flowing over. Many cardinals, many bishops and many priests are on the road to perdition and are taking many souls with them. Less and less importance is being given to the Eucharist. You should turn the wrath of God away from yourselves by your efforts. If you ask His forgiveness with sincere hearts, He will pardon you. I, your mother, through the intercession of Saint Michael the Archangel, ask you to amend your lives. You are now receiving the last warnings. I love you very much and do not want your condemnation. Pray to us with sincerity and we will grant your requests. You should make more sacrifices. Think about the passion of Jesus.

Father Rolando, there is nothing of greater importance that I can speak about than this Message of Our Mother.

In Union of Prayer,
    Conchita

Mario and John T like this.
  7. Glenn

All I can say about this that when I started my facebook page, I asked for her permission, and in doing so, I also asked if I should permit comparisons of Garabandal & Medjugorje. Her response can be possibly interpreted different ways ,
    she said " stay with what you know".

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  8. Glenn

At age 16 Conchita was already was spiritually wise: "There is no point in our believing in the apparitions if we do not heed the message."
    (Star on the Mountain, p. 118 )

“To guess at dates regarding the [prophesied] Miracle shows a lack of faith in the Blessed Virgin .Indeed, the energies expended on this are so much better spent on living the Message! “
    March 2013 Glenn’s conversation
    With all of the arguing over which of the different visionary’s is right, predicting dates, the future of our new Pope, the direction of the church, I've learned one thing, its all distracting, and detracting from our spiritual goals. The best advice I ever got was from Conchita ( when I asked her about the direction of all these things) ,she talked about maintaining your spiritual life (Confession, penance ,mass, communion, the rosary, etc. ) and she said
    " I surround my self with good people, pray and don't worry " .
    ( Sounds like she took the advice of her friend Padre Pio )
    1966.jpg

9. Mario

Mario Powers

This is very true, Glenn, and it is the same with me. Yes, every year I renew my Consecration to Jesus through Our Lady, but, I find that reviewing the witness, events, and messages of Garabandal also presses upon my soul the secure assurance of faith and hope...

Praise God!

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    Carol55 likes this.
  10. Glenn

Carol55 and John T like this.
  11. Glenn

Today is the 97th birthday of the great Saint & Pope, John Paul II !

There is a book on Garabandal, written by Albrecht Weber in 1993, entitled Garabandal Der Zeigefmger Gottes (Garabandal: The Finger of God), of which a first edition copy was presented to Pope John Paul II. He later asked his secretary, Fr. (now Archbishop) Stanislaus Dziwisz, to write to the author. In the subsequent printing (2000) of the book, on page 19, a portion of the Pope's message is reprinted, as follows:"May God reward you for everything. Especially for the deep love with which you are making the events connected with Garabandal more widely known. May the Message of the Mother of God find an entrance into hearts before it is too late. As an expression of joy and gratitude, the Holy Father gives you his apostolic blessing."Weber writes, "From the attached greeting in the Pope's own handwriting, with his signature, it is clear how deep an interest he has in the events of Garabandal, and how anxious he is that they should be made known in a credible way."

On July 23, 1988, during a special general audience with the Pope at the Vatican ... "special" because it was held on Saturday, rather than the usual Wednesday... Father Robert introduced Garabandal Visionary Mari-Loli and family to him. Father Robert who was holding 7 year old Maria Dolores, one of the three Lafleur children, said to the Pope: "Your Holiness, a special blessing for your littlest children who come on behalf of The Blessed Virgin from Garabandal." Our Holy Father exclaimed "Garabandal!"
    (picture below )
    Pope_6.jpg

12. Glenn

FEBRUARY 13, 1966:
    CHRIST'S FINAL AND VERY REMARKABLE
    LOCUTION TO CONCHITA
    Back from Rome, Conchita faced a decisive moment. She knew she would again never see the Blessed Virgin at Garabandal. There was now the matter of her vocation . . .
    On February 7, her own birthday, Conchita was the perfect image of trust. She was leaving her village to go to the College of the Discalced Missionary Carmelites, at Pamplona. She was seventeen years old and wanted to become a postulant, then a novice in the Congregation, hoping that she would someday work among the Africans . . .
    But behold that, in a second and last locution from Christ, hardly a week after her arrival at Pamplona, Conchita learned, among other things, that the Lord was not calling her to be a religious sister . . . The text of this last "charismatic event" of Garabandal is so rich in meaning that it can only be reproduced here, its obvious spiritual content for one, needing no comment:
    "On Sunday, February 13, 1966, at the moment of thanksgiving after Communion, I received both a great joy and a yet greater distress, as well as a disappointment! I heard the voice of Christ telling me:
    "Conchita, you came here to the college to prepare yourself to become My bride and, as you say, to follow Me. Are you not saying, Conchita, that you do not want to do My will? Well, now, it is your will that you want to fulfill. Do you want to do like this all your life? I chose you in the world so that you may stay in it, so that you may face the many vexations that you will find there for My sake. I want all that for your sanctification, and so that you may offer this for the salvation of the world. You must speak to the world about Mary.
    "Conchita, did you feel My call to become My bride? No! Because I did not call you."
    I asked Him: "And how does one feel Your call to become a religious?"
    He told me: "Don't worry about that, you will not feel it."
    I asked Him: "Then You do not love me, Jesus?"
    He replied: "Conchita, you ask me that? Who redeemed you? Fulfill My will and you will find My love. Examine yourself well. Think more of others. Do not fear temptations. If you are faithful to My love, you will overcome the many temptations awaiting you. Be intelligent, understand what I told you in a spiritual way. Do not close the eyes of your soul. Do not let anyone deceive you. Love humility, simplicity. Never think that what you are doing is great. Think of what you have to do, of what you must do, not to merit Heaven, but to save the world so that it may fulfill My divine will. Every soul that prepares itself, every soul well disposed to hear Me, will know My will. Conchita, I wish to tell you that you will suffer a great deal from now on until the Miracle, for few will believe you. Even your family will think you deceived them. I am the One who has wanted all that. I told you so, for your sanctification and for the world to fulfill the Message. I want to warn you that the remainder of your life will be a continual suffering." "Do not be afraid. You will find Me in suffering, Me and Mary, whom you love so much."
    I asked Him if in Rome also I would not be believed and He did not answer me.
    Then He told me: "Do not worry about whether or not you are believed. I am the One who will do everything, but I will also give you suffering. I will be with whoever suffers for Me."
    [From 'Garabandal' Book pages 206-207]

13. John T

John T Principalities

Every time you post this Glenn I get chills and I think of my own life, path I took and relationship with Jesus. (Of course without the aid of any Locution) But the Chills I get as I can only slightly imagine Conchita or anyone actually talking with Jesus Christ (a Locution as the method of communication) is beyond fascinating! It's for lack of a better word-because describing this is not describable-INCREDIBLE!

And yet the amazing Dichotomy is that even wth Jesus Answering Conchitas many "life path" questions (and other life questions) she still had/has to suffer despite the direct knowledge and answers given to her directly By Jesus.
    What does that say for the rest of us? Of course we have to suffer and sacrifice in this life and reference Conchita as our example. That's what Jesus wants from all of us. (In varying degrees of course ) To do HIS WILL in life, persevere and love, sacrifice and help others. Beyond amazing.

I'll never forgot the last words Conchita told me when I was leaving her house in Queens from a Holy Hour Night in the early 1990's-before saying goodbye she looked at me and said(for whatever reason) "Always wear your Scapular." I always had previously and I responded: "oh Conchita it's like my American Express Card. I never leave home without it."(a popular commercial at that time) I took that as a sign for me to continue doing that but felt it to be coming from her-someone who
    Spoke to Jesus and Mary-to make sure you do this-probably because I need it. But it just deepened my devotion to The 5 first Sat and Scapular devotion.

Anyway, just some thoughts on this post I felt compelled to share. Thanks for posting it again!

Prayerfully and introspectively,
    John

Our Lady Of Mt. Carmel de Garabandal, Pray For Us!

Mario, @jaivid, Glenn and 1 other person like this.
  14. Mario

Mario Powers

:):):)

John T likes this.
  15. Glenn

The following words are taken from two letters written by Conchita to youth groups from France, during their pilgrimage to Garabandal in 1970 and 1972.

Conchita‘s written messages to youth group in France in 1970

TOPICS:
    Life of Virtue
    Fasting
    The Eucharist
    True happiness
    The Rosary
    Jesus’s passion
    Examination of conscience
    Look at Mary

The following words are taken from two letters written by Conchita to youth groups from France, during their pilgrimage to Garabandal in 1970 and 1972.

A LIFE OF VIRTUE
    "Be models for other young people"
    "The Blessed Virgin wants you to help convert the world and, thereby, prevent the wrath of God over our sins.
    She trusts in you; she trusts that your example and self-denial might make you models for other young people that haven’t received the graces that you have in hearing Our Lady’s messages."

FASTING,PRAYER, AND PENANCE
    "She asks you to have a spirit of penance, sacrifice and prayer. Without these weapons, we can do nothing."

THE EUCHARIST
    Visit the Blessed Sacrament frequently
    "In the Blessed Sacrament you will find the strength to take on the life that the Virgin Mary is constantly asking of you. Make frequent visits to the Blessed Sacrament. Empty your hearts of earthly things that don't allow you to listen to God."

TRUE HAPPINESS
    It comes from being with God
    "The happiness which you have never felt is found only in the surrender to God and the Virgin Mary."

THE ROSARY
    "Pray to her with faith and trust."
    "Pray for one another, for yourselves, pray to Our Lady. Pray to her with faith and trust. She will give you everything that is good for you."

JESUS' PASSION
    Think of His Passion
    "Let us all together think more about Jesus' passion, in order to forget about ourselves."

EXAMINATION OF CONSCIENCE
    God speaks to your soul
    "You who listen to these words, listen to God who speaks within your soul, follow the voice of your conscience. Pause each day for just a few minutes to think about the bad you’ve done, the good you have failed to do and also the good you have done; ask forgiveness for the bad you've done and for the good that, through negligence, you failed to do and begin your Christian life again."

LOOKING AT THE VIRGIN MARY
    Would the Blessed Virgin do it?
    "Pray before acting and ask yourself, beforehand, ‘Would the Virgin Mary do this? What would the Blessed Virgin do?’ It’s possible that at this moment, when you are about to do something bad, you change your mind."

16. Glenn

17. John T

John T Principalities

This is excellent for youth and adults. The entry I try and do everyday and is fantastic advice by Conchita is the "Examination of Conscience." Simple yet so effective in keeping communication open between yourself and God (Jesus) and deepen the relationship. Like a little judgement/pre Warning of oneself daily. Even though when the Warning actually happens I'm sure God will tell me/us-"um you forgot to examine this and that." :) Prayers. Thanks Glenn for posting!!

@jaivid and Glenn like this.
  18. Glenn

Conchita’s Polaroid

Conchita was given a Polaroid camera and took a this picture during her ecstasy of the Blessed Mother at the pines in Garabandal. This fact is stated by Mother Maria de las Nieves.

Mother María de las Nieves García was told by Conchita that people wanted a photo of Our Lady, so one day they put a camera in her hands and told her how to operate it because she had no clue. After falling into ecstasy, Conchita started handling the camera as she had been instructed, and Our Lady smiled at her. Conchita told Our Lady that she was holding that thing because people wanted a photo of her, and Our Lady said to her, "I've come out [in the photo]." When the ecstasy ended, the photo was looked at: the result was a light shape of Our Lady on a dark background. Conchita's mother kept and cherished the photo on her bedside table until her death. No date is mentioned. (The video below is offered as proof of Mother Nieves's testimony,but is only in Spanish )

John T likes this.
  19. Glenn

20. Glenn

"Foot Race", A story from Serafin Gonzalez ( Conchita's Brother )

“On one occasion, a boy who was a good athlete arrived and said: ‘No one can beat me in a race. No girl can beat me.’ One of the girls had an ecstasy and set off running, and this boy ran after her. It was clear that the Blessed Virgin wasn’t trying to outrun him in the race, but at this point the girl was running at such a speed right toward the wall of a house that the boy thought: ‘If this is not from God, this girl will kill herself running into that wall.’ The boy had to stop to give him time to slow down, but the girl continued running without stopping until she reached the wall, and then she stopped in an instant. She said to the Blessed Virgin: ‘Oh, it is so he will believe…!’ The boy heard this and believed, since it was not humanly possible to stop in an instant at that speed.”