1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Garabandal Info & Answers

Discussion in 'GARABANDAL LIBRARY' started by Aviso, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Glenn

Glenn Powers Staff Member

“ LIVE THE MESSAGE “ THE ROSARY

If people wonder why God chose this place for the apparitions, here’s an interesting fact. I have posted the story that God and our Blessed Mother consider Garabandal “Sacred Ground”. It is a confirmed fact that the Rosary has been said there on a nightly basis for over 500 years !
    When Mary first appeared at Garabandal, the first thing she taught the girls, was the Rosary. She actually took the time to teach them all the words and especially to emphasize saying it slowly.She taught the children to recite the rosary each time they saw her and that they actually did recite it during every apparition . Conchita, diary, jp89: "The rosary is a very important part of the Blessed Virgin's message"..."
    Mary also emphasized the importance of the daily rosary not only for our personal needs each day, but also she reminded the girls of the importance to pray for the dead, and especially her priests.
    I always thought it was interesting that of all the people in the world who supported and believed in Garabandal , the most influential was Padre Pio. He was known to have a great affection for our Blessed Mother, and coincidently, the rosary. He would do up to 30 rosaries a day !
    Many years ago ,while having a conversation with Conchita, she asked me " Do you go to mass everyday, and do the rosary everyday ? " I said " well, ...not everyday, I'm busy,I have several jobs". She said " Don't promote the messages ,unless you are going to live the messages". Wow, that kind of knocked me for a loop, but she's right ! It is amazing that when you make the time to do those things , it seems like there is plenty of time to do them. God is funny that way. One of the most powerful weapons we all have ,is sitting right in our homes everyday, waiting to be used, USE IT !

Mario likes this.
  2. Glenn

SAINT (Pope) John Paul II - on Garabandal

There is a book on Garabandal, written by Albrecht Weber in 1993, entitled Garabandal Der Zeigefmger Gottes (Garabandal: The Finger of God), of which a first edition copy was presented to Pope John Paul II. He later asked his secretary, Fr. (now Archbishop) Stanislaus Dziwisz, to write to the author. In the subsequent printing (2000) of the book, on page 19, a portion of the Pope's message is reprinted, as follows:"May God reward you for everything. Especially for the deep love with which you are making the events connected with Garabandal more widely known. May the Message of the Mother of God find an entrance into hearts before it is too late. As an expression of joy and gratitude, the Holy Father gives you his apostolic blessing."Weber writes, "From the attached greeting in the Pope's own handwriting, with his signature, it is clear how deep an interest he has in the events of Garabandal, and how anxious he is that they should be made known in a credible way."

On July 23, 1988, during a special general audience with the Pope at the Vatican ... "special" because it was held on Saturday, rather than the usual Wednesday... Father Robert introduced Garabandal Visionary Mari-Loli and family to him. Father Robert who was holding 7 year old Maria Dolores, one of the three Lafleur children, said to the Pope: "Your Holiness, a special blessing for your littlest children who come on behalf of The Blessed Virgin from Garabandal." Our Holy Father exclaimed "Garabandal!"

[​IMG]

3. Glenn

4. Glenn

5. Glenn

6. Glenn

7. Mario

Mario Powers

It is interesting to read that the girls preferred locutions to apparitions. Could this be because the locutions are strictly personal, one-to-one?:unsure::coffee:

Safe in the Refuge of the Immaculate Heart!

Booklady likes this.
  8. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

Glenn, I wonder what you might know about Conchita looking up the date of the miracle in her calendar and finding the feast day of a Eucharistic martyr, is this a fact?
    Thank you.

PS- I apologize if you have answered this question already, I have not been able to find it and I have been thinking about this lately.

9. Glenn

Yes, this is a true story, told by the priest she confided in Fr. Luna .

Carol55 likes this.
  10. Glenn

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY : JAN. 28.1962

A NEW BISHOP APPOINTED TO
    THE SEE OF SANTANDER

On this very day, Msgr. Eugenio Beitia Aldazabal was named the new Bishop of Santander. He was the only titular Bishop during the period of the public "events" of Garabandal, and was to fulfill that office until July 2, 1965. Msgr. Beitia died on December 25, 1985.

[Excerpted from 'Garabandal' Book, page 123]

* He authorized a private investigation by three doctors whose findings did not coincide with those of the original Commission, appointed by predecessor, Bishop Doroteo. This led to more questions about the validity of the first Commission's findings.

[​IMG]

11. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

Thank you.

12. Glenn

13. Glenn

Booklady likes this.
  14. Booklady

Booklady Principalities

That is our life-long challenge, to lead a good spiritual life, to love God above all else, and to love our neighbors as ourselves. It takes a lifetime to understand this.

Glenn likes this.
  15. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Agreed and it is so, so difficult to be good living in a sick, pagan culture where the spirit of the age is anti-Christ.

I keep making the same mistakes, falling, like a boxer getting knocked down each round but I always get back up again as I promised God I would never give up.

Never give up - the spirit of Rocky is required in these times.

[​IMG]

How patient is our God?

John T likes this.
  16. Glenn

FEBRUARY : This month in Garabandal history had many interesting and important events, but maybe none more important than the one that started Joey Lomangino's journey to Garabandal, and the start of his world wide Apostolate.

FEBRUARY 1963

Joey Lomangino was born on June 27, 1931, in Brooklyn (U.S.A.) from Italian-American parents. He was the eldest of five boys and one girl. In 1947, while he was watching a truck tire being inflated, it exploded and Joey was hit by the rim in his face. The bones of the forehead were crushed, the optic and olfactory nerves were severed.
    He was in a coma for three weeks before he woke up . . . on the 16th of July (Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel) !

In 1961, he traveled to Italy and met St. Padre Pio for the first time, at the monastery of San Giovanni Rotondo. Although they had never met, the famous Capuchin greeted the American with these words: "Ah, Joey, how happy I am to see you!"
    February 1963, Joey made another trip to Italy. He went back to see Padre Pio, who heard his confession and . . . miraculously restored the use of his olfactory sense . . . while the nerve still remains severed! Joey tells the story : "when I knelt down to receive Padre Pio’s blessing, and got the fragrance of roses that came from the wounds in his hands, I was startled and went against the wall with my arms up to protect myself; I didn’t know what it was. Padre Pio pulled down my hand and said in Italian, “Joey, don’t be afraid.” He then touched me on the bridge of my nose and my sense of smell was restored to me after being without it from the day of my accident in June 1947, which was 16 years."

Joey asked Padre Pio if the Virgin was appearing in Garabandal ,and was it true. Padre Pio would encouraged him to go to San Sebastian de Garabandal, after he had assured him very clearly that, "Yes, it is true, the Blessed Virgin is appearing at Garabandal!"
    When Joey returned to NY, he started spreading the news of apparitions of the Blessed Mother in Garabandal.

[From 'Garabandal' Book, pages 166-167

[​IMG]

Booklady and John T like this.
  17. Glenn

Since I mentioned how Joey and his apostolate got started, I might also mention, (as I am asked frequently ) how I got involved with him and now continue his apostolate work. I first heard about Garabandal through an Aunt of mine Angelina Glass,who lived in Lindenhurst, NY and was in the same Parish as Joey Lomangino ( Our Lady of Perpetual Help ). She was having Joey over to her house to do a talk about Garabandal and also a chance to see and venerate the medal Joey had that was kissed by the Blessed Mother. The reason I was there as about a 13year old was I had a bone marrow disease in my legs. My Grandmother ( who was truly a living saint ) was praying for my miraculous healing, was a huge believer in Padre Pio, and I heard he was connected to and approved this apparition apostolate.
    I listened to Joey and kissed the medal (which the Blessed Mother kissed at Garabandal ).
    Two weeks later, after another x-ray, astonished doctors, said the disease was completely gone ! So I was certainly surprised and grateful to my Grandmother for her prayers to Padre Pio ( never really understand the meaning of kissing the medal at that time as a boy.)
    20 years later, a friend ( Peter ) asked me to go to a prayer meeting and talk by some blind guy in Lindenhurst, who had a link to the Blessed Mother and Padre Pio. I figured , My family always had a devotion to Mary and Padre Pio, so why not ? Well to my surprise I walked in and see this blind guy ( Joey ) and I’m shocked because I remember seeing him 20 years earlier ! He's got a face you can't forget .
    After the meeting at the NY Center, I offered to help out making rosaries, and doing mailings of the video ( at that time ,and later the DVD ). After meeting Joey a couple of times, he saw I was not a shy person ,lol, and so he asked me to be the Public Relations Director, which was a huge honor, and I gladly excepted. I mainly concentrated on doing talks and showing the video, and answering questions afterwards at any place or church that would have me. Heaven somehow implanted the idea in my empty head to try and get the video on tv. After all the major networks turned me down, I targeted Mother Angelica's EWTN live show. I called and wrote the President Bill Steltemier for 6 months straight relentlessly ! He finally caved in, probably figured it was easier to put Joey on one time and get rid of me for good, lol. Well, that show was the highest rated show they ever had ,and Joey & Mother Angelica had such good chemistry, we were asked back again, and again. That show caused the video to explode in the USA . I went to Joey ( and Conchita ) back in 2009 with the idea to bring the Message of Garabandal, to facebook,since it had a global audience. (Once on the internet, I found this site ). Both happily agreed, and that's how the pages started.
    I truly am blessed to have known Joey ,his family & Conchita and her family, for the past 24 years.
    [​IMG]

Booklady, Michael Rafael and John T like this.
  18. Glenn

19. Glenn

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY : FEB. 2

Copy of the letter to Fr. Ramón by Dr. D.C. Ortiz Pérez from Santander
    February 2, 1962

Reverend Father Andreu:
    I am going to tell you about the impressions of my last trip to Garabandal on January 27th. For this date, the Marquis of Santa María had already given more facts. He told me that he would see you on the next day.
    The event that caught my attention is that after 7 consecutive months of “marvelous ecstasies,” the four girls continue with the utmost normality, although many people “who don’t see” maintain that this is the result of a pathology.
    The girls continue their ecstasies the same as always, running through the streets of the village praying, with this precious transformation on their faces and movements that seem to be images. On the afternoon of the 28th, with the difference of approximately 10 minutes from one to the other, María Dolores and Conchita had ecstasies in their houses and left directly for the Church. When they met each other, they were very happy and they ran through the streets of the village singing the rosary. They visited the houses of the sick where they prayed and gave the crucifix to be kissed.
    It made a great impression on me when they visited a sick old man (uncle Leoncio) who was blind, deranged, had the flu, and was in agony. They knelt at the head of his bed, praying Hail Marys without interruption, and everyone answered except the dying man. After 15 or 16 prayers, the sick man responded with ‘Holy Mary’ in a clear voice and added: “I pray because I have faith.” In this moment, they put the statue of Christ to his lips, and he kissed it. The girls had expressions of immense enjoyment. They returned to the normal state after approximately 2 and a quarter hours.
    At ten at night we thought we’d return, and it took half an tour for us to leave. We realized that María Cruz was running through the streets of the village in ecstasy accompanied by her parents. We united with a group and prayed with them.
    These are the facts of what happened on the 28th in Garabandal.
    Respectful greeting from my wife—she tells what this good friend always offers. I salute you affectionately.
    C. Ortiz

20. Glenn

A letter to Fr. Ramón from the Marquis of Santa María
    Madrid, February 2, 1962

“My sister-in-law arrived yesterday (Carmeluchi’s mother). She is going to spend a few days in my house so she can see Jiménez Díaz and she is very enthusiastic about Garabandal from what we and her daughter have said. Very fearfully, she showed me a medal that is on her rosary which was kissed in Garabandal. It has begun to smell and she didn’t dare say anything until Rosario told her about what happened. It smells exactly like the rosary and the pines.
    Another case: Carmeluchi’s father-in-law sent his medals and those of his family members to Garabandal, and when they were returned to him he looked at the chain and said, very surprised: “I lost this medal many years ago, and here it is on my chain!”
    Another: A cousin of mine when to Garabandal and had given her rosary to the girls so that the Virgin would kiss it. She had lost the crucifix that was attached to the rosary and was very disgusted. She saw that this rosary had a medal of St. Catherine of Siena, which was so worn that it was impossible to tell who it depicted. When the girl gave it to be kissed she told the Vision: “Kiss it!—what?—It’s St. Catherine?” Emilio Valle (it seems to me you alr
    eady know who he is) asked to show the medal to the Bishop of León who is a friend of his and who wanted to see the medal. He brought it to the Bishop in a newly purchased wallet, together with a rosary that had been hung. When Emilio Valle returned it to the owner of the rosary, the original rosary and crucifix came out of the wallet.usiastic about Garabandal from what we and her daughter have said. Very fearfully, she showed me a medal that is on her rosary which was kissed in Garabandal. It has begun to smell and she didn’t dare say anything until Rosario told her about what happened. It smells exactly like the rosary and the pines.
    Another case: Carmeluchi’s father-in-law sent his medals and those of his family members to Garabandal, and when they were returned to him he looked at the chain and said, very surprised: “I lost this medal many years ago, and here it is on my chain!”
    Another: A cousin of mine when to Garabandal and had given her rosary to the girls so that the Virgin would kiss it. She had lost the crucifix that was attached to the rosary and was very disgusted. She saw that this rosary had a medal of St. Catherine of Siena, which was so worn that it was impossible to tell who it depicted. When the girl gave it to be kissed she told the Vision: “Kiss it!—what?—It’s St. Catherine?” Emilio Valle (it seems to me you alr
    eady know who he is) asked to show the medal to the Bishop of León who is a friend of his and who wanted to see the medal. He brought it to the Bishop in a newly purchased wallet, together with a rosary that had been hung. When Emilio Valle returned it to the owner of the rosary, the original rosary and crucifix came out of the wallet.