1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Garabandal Info & Answers

Discussion in 'GARABANDAL LIBRARY' started by Aviso, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Glenn

Glenn Powers Staff Member

Conchita & the doll picture

The reason I selected this picture was on purpose. I remember in the early days of when I was first learning and talking to Joey and those friends who went to Garabandal , that they had told me the doctors there had said the girls (even though they were 11, 12 years old ,and Conchita was older than that in this picture ), still played with dolls ) had the intellect and emotional understanding of an 8 year old, due to their remote mountain isolation. Now consider that when all these supernatural events are happening . I mention this to refute the internet lies that these 4 girls ,managed to orchestrate or fake over 2000 apparitions over 4 years, IMPOSSIBLE !

[​IMG]

2. Mario

Mario Powers

Glenn,

A precious picture. In our tech-savvy culture such innocence of childhood has vanished. We grow up and are exposed to too much filth and sophistication in the States far too early. There is a huge difference between simplicity and simpleton. I'd take the former any day. Maranatha!

Safe in the refuge of the Immaculate Heart!

josephite, HeavenlyHosts and Carol55 like this.
  3. andree

andree Archangels

I love this photo. It's beautiful, but it chokes me up too when I think about how the lifestyle of the girls in Garabandal that allowed them to preserve their innocence seems almost impossible for any child living in today's world. I see that in Mark Mallett latest article, he refers to our times as being in a deluge of impurity. It's so true. I know that life in Garabandal was not always easy, but it seems like a true blessing for people who are cut off from the world.

I don't have the text to quote this exactly, but this reminds me of a passage in the Poem of the Man God where one of the shepherds apologizes to Jesus because he can't really be of much use to help Him evangelize since his lifestyle of living in the mountains with the sheep isolates him from the people in the cities. And Jesus responds that he must not apologize for being isolated from the world, because living outside of the world preserves him from the corruption and the perversions of the world.

John T, josephite and Glenn like this.
  4. Glenn

What amazes even more is that Conchita still to this day, despite being in America for 5 decades , has not been corrupted in any way. She is still the shy, humble, spiritual person who left Garabandal, and who her neighbors don't even know who she is.
    I remember checking up on her after Super Storm Sandy hit, and how everyone else was freaking out with no electric ,shortage of food and clean water, and she was fine,saying it was just like being back in Garabandal, where she learned to live without electricity for the most part, eating fruits and vegetables,nuts ,praying, until the power was restored,and she was quite content. You are right, maybe the inhabitants of Garabandal are more blessed than they know.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    Mario, HeavenlyHosts, John T and 2 others like this.
  5. Glenn

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY ; JANUARY 19, 1962
    Mari-Cruz and Jacinta, in turn, had their regular apparitions again.
    However, starting on January 19, Jacinta was to be deprived of visions for a month for having disobeyed her father. Judging that his daughter needed her sleep, he had not awakened her at the appointed time for her rendezvous with the Blessed Virgin. Jacinta blamed him sharply for this; in spite of her father's disapproval, she had gone to the calleja in the middle of this wintry night to wait for Our Lady who . . . did not come. Jacinta would be punished again in the same way (September - October, also for a period of one month), for a similar behavior.
    [Excerpted from 'Garabandal' Book, page 122]

I guess God really means it when he wrote on the Tablets,
    "Honor Thy Father and Mother!"

HeavenlyHosts and andree like this.
  6. andree

andree Archangels

Thanks again Glenn. You've given me my bedtime story for tonight!

Glenn likes this.
  7. Glenn

Interview with Conchita. by Dr. Jeronimo Dominguez ( May 1973)

Doctor: Did the Virgin ever talk about the rosary?
    Conchita: Every time we saw the Virgin we would say the rosary with her. She taught us how to say it.
    Doctor: How did she teach you? Did she take the lead in praying it?
    Conchita:Yes, she would lead us in praying it and we would repeat her words.
    Doctor: Did she pray it slowly or quickly?
    Conchita: Slowly, very slowly.
    Doctor: Is that the right way to say it?
    Conchita: We thought it was the right way at the time.
    ‹…›
    Doctor: (Showing Conchita a picture of the girls in ecstasy at the village church closed door) How come you were at the church door?
    Conchita: In the beginning [of the apparitions] we used to enter the church. But then because of the disturbance made by people who wanted to be first when we held out the crucifix for veneration, the bishop said we could no longer go inside while in ecstasy. From then on, the Virgin never led us inside.

Doctor: You mean from then on the Virgin only led you up to the door?
    Conchita: Yes.
    Doctor: Was this her way of saying the bishop had to be obeyed?
    Conchita: Yes, I think it was an example of the obedience we owe to the bishop and also to each person to whom we owe obedience.

Doctor: During all these spectacular events there were messages. There was one in 1961. Can you repeat what the Virgin said in that first Message?
    Conchita: Yes. The words of the Virgin are: "We have to do much penance and make many sacrifices. We have to visit the Blessed Sacrament often. Above all, we must be very good. The cup is already filling up. If we don't change a great punishment will come upon us."
    This is the way I understand it, although the Virgin didn't say it this way. With respect to penance and sacrifice, penance is what we impose on ourselves; sacrifice is giving up things as a situation suggests. For example, when a person scolds us, not to answer them back. Or if we receive a blow, to offer it to God. For me this is self imposed penance and sacrifice.

Doctor: On the subject of penance and sacrifice, wasn't there an incident regarding a piece of gum?
    Conchita: Yes. The day of the last apparition on November 13, 1965, I had a piece of gum in my mouth. The moment I saw the Virgin, I stopped chewing it and lodged it against the inside of my cheek. But she said, "Why don't you get rid of that gum and offer it as a sacrifice for me?"
    [Note: In an account of this apparition much closer to the actual event itself that Conchita wrote for Father Jose Maria Alba, S.J., on December 10, 1965, the words of Our Lady are more accurately recounted: "Why don't you get rid of your chewing gum and offer it up as a sacrifice for the glory of my Son."]
    So I took the gum out of my mouth. I understood from this that the Virgin was not asking for big sacrifices, but small ones so that we can continually offer them out of love for Her.

Doctor: So little sacrifices are good when made in the presence of God. After all, gum is not bad, right?
    Conchita: Not at all, but giving it up is an act of love for God.

Doctor: The Virgin also said in the Message that above all we have to be good. What do you think she meant by that?
    Conchita: I don't know what the Virgin meant. I understand it to be a life lived moment by moment offering everything to God. Living like a Christian the way our conscience tells us is what I think She meant.
    Doctor: So everyone can be good.
    Conchita: Sure. Everyone in the practice of their religion, in their environment, in their family, their job, knows how to be good because each person has his own conscience and God speaks to each one through their conscience.

Doctor: Each man and woman knows what is right or wrong whether it's here [in New York] or a little village like Garabandal.
    Conchita: I am sure that each person knows when they do something good or bad.

Doctor: The Message then was the important thing in all these apparitions. What have you done or what have you tried to do to live the Message?
    Conchita: What would give the Virgin great happiness is a very difficult thing for me. That is to live each moment of the day doing everything for God.

Doctor: Do you think you and I are living the Message?
    Conchita: I think I am, but you have to answer for yourself.
    Doctor: You work as a nurse. [Note: At the time of this interview, Conchita was a nurse in Dr. Dominguez's clinic in New York.] Do you fulfill the Message in that capacity and if so how?
    Conchita: I try to by doing my work to the best of my abilities and by treating the patients the way I should.
    Doctor: How about a housewife with three or four children who is busy all day? Can she fulfill the Message?
    Conchita: Surely, according to the perfection in which she accomplishes her duties offering all her actions to God.
    Doctor: Offering to God all the little things she does during the day. So it's not what you do but how you do it.
    Conchita: How you do it, that is true.
    Doctor: How about a person working in an office?
    Conchita: You can fulfill the Message anywhere. You can always be good and offer praise to God.
    Doctor: One of the things you have done in New York is give out scapulars. Why do you do that? Do you like giving out scapulars in the office and on the streets?
    Conchita: Ever since I was a little girl I've worn the scapular. It's a devotion my mother taught me. But more than that, I wear it because whenever the Virgin appeared, She had the scapular on her wrist.
    Doctor: All that you have said so far deals with the first Message. Wasn't there another Message on June 18, 1965? Can you tell us about that one?
    Conchita: Certainly. The Virgin's Message delivered by Saint Michael said: "Because my Message of October 18, 1961, had not been fulfilled and that the world didn't know about it, I'm telling you that this is the last one. Before the cup was filling up. Now it is flowing over. Many priests, bishops and cardinals are on the road to perdition and are taking many souls with them. Each day less and less importance is being given to the Eucharist. You should use all your efforts to avoid God's wrath. If you sincerely ask for pardon, He will forgive you. I your mother, through the mediation of Saint Michael the Archangel, ask you to correct your ways. You should sacrifice more. Think of the passion of Jesus.”

Doctor: What do you think about the statement that cardinals, bishops and priests are on the road to perdition?
    Conchita: I think every day the Virgin appeared She mentioned priests and that we should pray for them. We never understood why. For us priests were like saints because we never had many come to our village. It was considered a privilege whenever one came. Regarding bishops and cardinals, we thought it very strange, but we would repeat it the way She said it.

Doctor: (Showing Conchita a picture of her receiving Communion from Saint Michael) Here you are, but we are not able to see the Host. The angel brought you Communion many times, isn't that right? Do you remember how many times?
    Conchita: Not that many, maybe forty times. Usually there was a priest in the village and the angel only gave us Communion when there was no priest. Regarding Communion, the Virgin taught us the value and the importance of the Eucharist. After the apparitions started, we never missed a day without receiving.

Doctor: Since only priests can consecrate, did you ever ask the Virgin where the angel got the Hosts?
    Conchita: Yes, we did ask because a priest told us to. The Virgin said that the angel took the already-consecrated Hosts from tabernacles on earth.
    Interview with Conchita
    by Dr. Jeronimo Dominguez in May 1973
    Reprinted GARABANDAL JOURNAL, January-February 2004

Carol55, HeavenlyHosts and John T like this.
  8. Glenn

GARABANDAL AND GOD'S GREATEST GIFT:

THE HOLY EUCHARIST

"I asked the girls why they went to the church so often, since it was closed (they were not allowed to enter it in ecstasy), and they answered candidly:

“BECAUSE THE VIRGIN LIKES TO GO NEAR THE PLACE WHERE HER SON JESUS IS.'"
    - Luis Navas, eyewitness

http://www.ourlady.ca/info/greatestGiftMag.htm

Michael Rafael likes this.
  9. Glenn

10. Glenn

11. Glenn

12. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

I was reading the book The Apparitions at Garabandal and want to share a quote from the book with you,
    "To shrug the whole thing off or simply reject it as 'unnecessary,' as I have often heard devout Catholics describe it, reveals an inner sin of pride that makes us unworthy of such a grace."

Glenn and John T like this.
  13. Glenn

MASS FOR PRAYER REQUESTS IN GARABANDAL

Every last Thursday of the month, the Pastor of Garabandal offers a Mass for prayer requests. You have a few days to send your request by Wednesday, so it arrives on time.

Requests sent using this form in Spanish ( below ) are received in the email address of the Parish.
    Then printed and delivered every Thursday the Pastor, to be deposited in an urn at the foot of the altar , through the intercession of Our Lady of Carmel, before the Blessed Sacrament exposed in the Chapel of San Sebastian de Garabandal.

I have downloaded the English explanation, but you might want to use " Google Translate" or something like that to send your prayers in Spanish so they can read it.

PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE THE PRAYER REQUESTS HERE

http://www.garabandalparroquia.com/en/en-union-de-oraciones

14. Glenn

Michael Rafael, Carol55 and John T like this.
  15. John T

John T Principalities

Thanks Glenn. I'll never forget Marc and that interview. I was on that pilgrimage and in Garabandal wth the group. He was my roommate. Serafin and his family worked so hard to make sure everyone was happy, comfortable and well fed. The food was fantastic. It was a fun time. And a very holy time. One of my three visits to Garabandal that changed my life forever. Especially when I was able to spend time alone outside with Joey. Asked him many questions. He answered them all. He touched his medal to a replica of it I had purchased and told me "now your medal can do what mine does." I was stunned.! And full of happiness. I feel like it was yesterday. There is no place on earth like Garabandal.

A month later, after praying at Garabandal to find that someone special in my life, I met my future wife.

Thanks for the memory and reminder of this trip I will never forget.

Michael Rafael, Carol55 and Glenn like this.
  16. Glenn

17. Glenn

John T likes this.
  18. Glenn

19. Mario

Mario Powers

John T,

What a heartwarming testimony!:ROFLMAO:

Safe in the Refuge of the Immaculate Heart!

John T likes this.
  20. Glenn

" LIVE THE MESSAGE"

At age 16 Conchita was already was spiritually wise: "There is no point in our believing in the apparitions if we do not heed the message."
    (Star on the Mountain, p. 118 )

“To guess at dates regarding the [prophesied] Miracle shows a lack of faith in the Blessed Virgin .Indeed, the energies expended on this are so much better spent on living the Message! “

2013 Glenn’s conversation
    With all of the arguing over which of the different visionary’s is right, predicting dates, the future of our new Pope, the direction of the church, I've learned one thing, its all distracting, and detracting from our spiritual goals. The best advice I ever got was from Conchita ( when I asked her about the direction of all these things) ,she talked about maintaining your spiritual life (Confession, penance ,mass, communion, the rosary, etc. ) and she said
    " I surround my self with good people, pray and don't worry " .
    ( Sounds like she took the advice of her friend Padre Pio )

1966.jpg