1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

GARABANDAL INFO & ANSWERS

Discussion in 'GARABANDAL LIBRARY' started by Glenn, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Watch how the girls would walk at night, not only through the town without looking where they are stepping, but more impressive was the ecstatic walks at night through the rocky cow paths, never falling, or being injured.

2. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

THE BLESSED MOTHER ON COMMUNION

Conchita has said:
    The Blessed Virgin told us that it is a greater grace to receive Jesus in Holy Communion than to see her.”

"I asked the girls why they went to the church so often, since it was dosed (they were not allowed to enter it in ecstasy), and they answered candidly: BECAUSE THE VIRGIN LIKES TO GO NEAR THE PLACE WHERE HER SON JESUS IS.'" - Luis Navas, eyewitness

https://www.garabandal.us/bo_eucharist

josephite likes this.
  3. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Carol55 and John T like this.
  4. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

UNTANGLED ROSARIES

Another interesting miraculous phenomenon was the returning of rosaries. Now that people started to believe the Blessed Mother was actually appearing at Garabandal, they would bring their rosaries and medals to be kissed by her. They were all piled on a table for the girls to offer up to her. Entangled when presented by the girls to be blessed by the Blessed Mother, rosaries, medals, and multitude of objects would incredibly untangle smoothly when being returned to their owners. Even without any pre-established order, the Garabandal visionaries also never erred in returning each object to its proper owner.
    26815124_1964452603569750_1513813605308777343_n.jpg

Mario likes this.
  5. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

WEDDING RINGS
    The girls would have their fingers full of wedding rings, and while in ecstasy they'd raise up their hands and ask the Virgin to kiss them. After this they would return the rings to their owners without making any mistakes and without seeing who they were giving them to as their heads were always tilted backwards and their eyes fixed on the apparition above them.
    26731766_1964454386902905_7724155435757199215_n.jpg

Mario likes this.
  6. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

7. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Conchita on the Synod (before the Warning )

Isn’t it interesting that she predicted this Synod,when in fact there was no such event at the time of the apparitions ! Synods only started AFTER Vatican II ( 1965 ).

On 15 September 1965, as the Second Vatican Council (1962–1965) was drawing to a close, Pope Paul VI set up the Synod of Bishops, convinced that the Pope needed "to make ever greater use of the bishops' assistance in providing for the good of the universal Church" and to enjoy "the consolation of their presence, the help of their wisdom and experience, the support of their counsel, and the voice of their authority".
    ( Mother Nieves Garcia): - Yes, during the apparitions , in one of these , Our Lady told Conchita that first of future events , it would have been a synod , an important synod . Then , Conchita’s aunt , listening to this from Conchita , she asked her : " you're referring to the council? " - Since we were at (Vatican ) council II at that time - then Conchita said to her aunt : "No, Mary did not tell me the “council“ , told the “synod“, and the synod for me , is a small council ." It 's impossible for a girl of 12 years old, without knowledge and without culture , to speak of the“ synod “without which still existed or did not know , and even defines it - as she did ,miraculous.

Mario and John T like this.
  8. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY : JANUARY 19, 1962

On January 19, Jacinta was to be deprived of visions for a month for having disobeyed her father. Judging that his daughter needed her sleep, he had not awakened her at the appointed time for her rendezvous with the Blessed Virgin. Jacinta blamed him sharply for this; in spite of her father's disapproval, she had gone to the calleja in the middle of this wintry night to wait for Our Lady who . . . did not come. Jacinta would be punished again in the same way (September - October, also for a period of one month), for a similar behavior.
    [Excerpted from 'Garabandal' Book, page 122]

I guess God really meant it when he said "Honor Thy Father and Mother!"

9. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

A Dominican in Disguise

Conchita’s mother Aniceta tells us the story:
    A young man arrived here with a young woman, a couple. He was dressed like any normal young man, and I assumed that they were just a young dating couple. It was raining a lot and the place was full of people. Conchita, in ecstasy, came into the house. My sister was amidst the crowd and the young man approached her and said, “Give this cross to the girl.” My sister responded, “Why should I try to give it to her? She’s not going to take it. When she’s in ecstasy, she never receives anything.” “Well, give it to her mother then, so that her mother can give it to her.” My sister came up to me and said, “Here, that man said for you to give this to Conchita.” I responded, “Why am I going to give it to her? She never takes anything.”
    Then, I had an idea. What he wanted me to give to Conchita was a cross on a string, and so I thought of hanging it on her fingers, since she had her hands folded. Although Conchita spoke softly, I was close by and heard her insist to her vision, “I didn’t bring anything. I really didn’t bring anything.” She continued, “Well, if I have something, take it.”
    At that moment, Conchita took a step forward, lowered her hands and, in doing so, the cross fell on the ground. She took another step and stepped on the cross, “Ah! I’m stepping on it?”
    She bent down and picked up the cross, still in ecstasy, and held it up to her apparition to kiss. Then she turned around, facing the young man, made the sign of the cross over him and held it up for him to kiss. Turning back to the vision, she held it up again to be kissed and said, “Having such a beautiful habit as the Dominican habit, what a pity that he came dressed like that!”.
    Then, turning back to the man, she took his glasses off and put them in his hands. The man was afraid and I said to him, “Don't worry, she won’t break them.”
    She made the sign of the cross over him, held up his cross to be kissed again, and then put it around his neck. However, she put it on him backwards, the image was turned inwards. “Oh! I put it on him backwards?” She took it off, turned it around and put it back around his neck.
    Then she opened his hands, took his glasses and put them back on his face. Then she repeated, “What a shame that they come dressed like that!”
    He was a Dominican priest in disguise, wearing normal clothing, and accompanied by a young lady, who appeared to be his girlfriend, but who turned out to be his sister“.

PRIESTS IN DISGUISE (Can't fool our Lady )
    On September 19th, Mary Loli, who was in ecstasy, was asked how many priests were in the village at that moment. She answered that there were three, and one "dressed as a Civil Guard". It turned out that an Army chaplain was in Garabandal.

During the afternoon of the 24th, Mary Cruz, in an ecstasy, asked through Conchita, who was not in a trance, if there was a priest present. She replied that there was one in street clothes. On descending from the pine grove, she was heard to say: "You want me to give the priest my hand, do you? You say he's walking down beside me?" Thereupon she grasped his hand and descended to the village in a trance at his side.

In her ecstasy of August 31st, Jacinta remarked aloud that the Virgin had told her that a priest was present, wearing his cassock tucked up beneath his trench-coat. The cleric was overcome with amazement. Stepping forward, he gave her his crucifix to offer to the Virgin. "This Crucifix comes from Rome; the Pope gave it to you," said Jacinta when she returned it to him. The priest confirmed this statement.

10. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Carol55 likes this.
  11. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANDAL JAN. 20,1963.
    The apparitions become infrequent. The Locutions ( an interior voice without accompanying vision, begin ). From today on ONLY Conchita will have public ecstacies.
    Today is also interestingly enough the feast day of St. Sebastian ,Patron Saint of the village!

Carol55 likes this.
  12. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

PADRE PIO'S BELIEF IN GARABANDAL :

Joey Lomangino’s recall of the when he talked to Padre Pio: “We made arrangements to come back again that same day and greeted Padre Pio in the cloister. When we knelt down, we said to him, “Padre Pio, is it true that the Virgin is appearing to the four girls of Garabandal?” And he said, “Yes.” We said, “Padre Pio, should we go there? He said, “Yes, why not?” And that’s how it happened. Because I received the assurance from Padre Pio that the Virgin was appearing and that he permitted me to go, then I wasn’t afraid and I went. “

From the book “The Final Hour “ page 141
    On the topic of Padre Pio ‘s belief in Garabandal:
    “Asked on another occasion about its authenticity, he answered curtly, ”How many times must she appear there to be believed ? “
    Handed a book on Garabandal, Padre Pio gazed fixedly at the cover and as though by chance, opened to the page with the last message-” the cup was overflowing” message of June 18,1965. He then closed the book and blessed it.

Conchita was given a letter by Padre Bernardino Cennamo, the Superior of the Capuchin Order, in which he said that PADRE PIO told him that he had seen THE GREAT MIRACLE. He also sent her the white veil that covered his face while he lay in state in the morning of his death.
    Conchita recounts: “I had the veil in front of me, as I was writing later that evening. When suddenly the whole room became filled with fragrance, the perfume so strong I started to cry.” It is not without significance that PADRE PIO should be IRREVOCABLY LINKED to the apparitions in GARABANDAL.

From the book “Thunder of Justice “ page 163 : An incident which confirms Padre Pio’s belief in Garabandal occurred early in 1966. Conchita, who was only 16 years old, was visiting Rome with her mother and Fr. Luna. She had been invited by Cardinal Ottaviani, Prefect of the Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of Faith. During the visit, Conchita met privately with Padre Pio. On this occasion, he took Conchita’s hand and her crucifix that Our Lady had kissed in Garabandal and held them both in his own two hands. The crucifix had passed through the hands of the child Jesus, during the apparition of November 13,1965.

The Emotion of Padre Pio about Conchita and his own words : "Poor Conchita as she has suffers ... Loving the Blessed Virgin Mary with all his heart, belong to Her and working for Her, Our Lady of Garabandal, She is the one who has set her foot on the Mountain ... She is the Star on the Mountain "(Father Laffineur has used Padre Pio words to call his own book “She is the Star on the Mountain) ...Padre Pio also added, "We must support the seers of Garabandal"

josephite and John T like this.
  13. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

14. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

MASS FOR PRAYER REQUESTS IN GARABANDAL

Every last Thursday of the month, the Pastor of Garabandal offers a Mass for prayer requests. You have a few days to send your request by Wednesday, so it arrives on time.

Requests sent using this form in Spanish ( below ) are received in the email address of the Parish.
    Then printed and delivered every Thursday the Pastor, to be deposited in an urn at the foot of the altar , through the intercession of Our Lady of Carmel, before the Blessed Sacrament exposed in the Chapel of San Sebastian de Garabandal.

I have downloaded the English explanation, but you might want to use " Google Translate" or something like that to send your prayers in Spanish so they can read it.

PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE THE PRAYER REQUESTS HERE .

http://www.garabandalparroquia.com/en-union-de-oraciones

15. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Recollections of Benjamin Gómez
    A man who witnessed several miracles at Garabandal (In English & Spanish )

He tried to lift the girls in ecstasy and couldn’t
    He saw a man in Purgatory
    He was cured when near death
    He saw Mary at the foot of his death bed
    He taped the girls saying the rosary and heard Mary’s voice
    He saw the Host appear on Conchita’s tongue “the Little Miracle “

https://maryourlady.files.wordpress...-of-the-visible-communion-english-espanol.pdf

16. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

17. Frank Markus

Frank Markus Angels

Hello,

I am sincerely interested in Garabandal and I heard that St Padre Pio was convinced of the genuineness of the apparitions. Is there any evidence for this outside Garabandal-devoted websites? I couldn't find anything.

I believe Padre Pio is a great saint and was a great mystic. I find his prophecies are compelling.

God bless,

Frank

18. John T

John T Principalities

Hello & welcome!

I will defer to Glenn for specifics and links but I can give you THREE testimonials (1 First hand) Of St Padre Pios belief in Garabandal:

1-Padre Pios letters to Conchita and the Gloves/relics of Padre Pio That were sent to her she still has to this Day

2. The testimony to Conchita from A fellow Brother Priest Of St Padre Pio when She asked how can He die when Miracle didn’t happen? (Blessed Mother told Conchita Padre Pio will see The promised Future Miracle Of Garabandal). Conchita was told He did see the Miracle before he died. Padre Pio told the Priest he did see it before he died.

3. Personal testimony I was told (among countless others) by The Blind Apostle, Joey Lomangino(RIP) that in the early 1960’s when Joey went to San Giovanni Rotondo to visit with Padre Pio(went to confession to him and Padre Pio cured Joeys sense of smell despite his olifactory nerve being severed in a truck tire accident years earlier) He asked Padre Pio if it’s ok to Go to Garabandal because I want to visit there? His reply:”Yes Joey why not?” Then it’s true Father Pio-the Blessed Virgin is appearing there? “Yes” was Padre Pios response. (That was enough for Joey) and me and the rest of the Workers Of Our Lady Of Mt Carmel! Peace! Believe. The events are nearing. God Bless You

Carol55 and Mario like this.
  19. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

Frank, Welcome to MOG.

If you are interested in books about Our Lady of Garabandal there are several and many are available online for free.

The following link includes some of the books that I am referring to and it also includes a testimonies link,
    http://stjosephpublications.com/books_page.htm .

I am not certain that this is what you are looking for but I hope that it helps you. There are also many videos on youtube about Our Lady of Garabandal if you do a search you will be sure to find them,
    https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...Media&hsimp=yhs-sgm_fb&type=sys.sshome_bgenrc .

May God bless you.

20. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Hi Frank, this should help. These are not "Garabandal books". These are about the 'end times " and his interaction with Conchita.

PADRE PIO'S BELIEF IN GARABANDAL :

Joey Lomangino’s recall of the when he talked to Padre Pio: “We made arrangements to come back again that same day and greeted Padre Pio in the cloister. When we knelt down, we said to him, “Padre Pio, is it true that the Virgin is appearing to the four girls of Garabandal?” And he said, “Yes.” We said, “Padre Pio, should we go there? He said, “Yes, why not?” And that’s how it happened. Because I received the assurance from Padre Pio that the Virgin was appearing and that he permitted me to go, then I wasn’t afraid and I went. “

From the book “The Final Hour “ page 141
    On the topic of Padre Pio ‘s belief in Garabandal:
    “Asked on another occasion about its authenticity, he answered curtly, ”How many times must she appear there to be believed ? “
    Handed a book on Garabandal, Padre Pio gazed fixedly at the cover and as though by chance, opened to the page with the last message-” the cup was overflowing” message of June 18,1965. He then closed the book and blessed it.

Conchita was given a letter by Padre Bernardino Cennamo, the Superior of the Capuchin Order, in which he said that PADRE PIO told him that he had seen THE GREAT MIRACLE. He also sent her the white veil that covered his face while he lay in state in the morning of his death.
    Conchita recounts: “I had the veil in front of me, as I was writing later that evening. When suddenly the whole room became filled with fragrance, the perfume so strong I started to cry.” It is not without significance that PADRE PIO should be IRREVOCABLY LINKED to the apparitions in GARABANDAL.

From the book “Thunder of Justice “ page 163 : An incident which confirms Padre Pio’s belief in Garabandal occurred early in 1966. Conchita, who was only 16 years old, was visiting Rome with her mother and Fr. Luna. She had been invited by Cardinal Ottaviani, Prefect of the Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of Faith. During the visit, Conchita met privately with Padre Pio. On this occasion, he took Conchita’s hand and her crucifix that Our Lady had kissed in Garabandal and held them both in his own two hands. The crucifix had passed through the hands of the child Jesus, during the apparition of November 13,1965.

The Emotion of Padre Pio about Conchita and his own words : "Poor Conchita as she has suffers ... Loving the Blessed Virgin Mary with all his heart, belong to Her and working for Her, Our Lady of Garabandal, She is the one who has set her foot on the Mountain ... She is the Star on the Mountain "(Father Laffineur has used Padre Pio words to call his own book “She is the Star on the Mountain) ...Padre Pio also added, "We must support the seers of Garabandal"

John T likes this.