1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

GARABANDAL INFO & ANSWERS

Discussion in 'GARABANDAL LIBRARY' started by Glenn, Aug 18, 2017.

1. John T

John T Principalities

Welcome Back Joe. That was very moving, inspirational and 1000% Correct. God Bless You!

Joe Crozier likes this.
  2. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Prayers for the Dead

The people of Garabandal have had a long standing tradition in regard to prayers for the souls in purgatory. The month of November, dedicated to prayer for these souls, and especially the first of November, Feast of All Saints, and the second of November, the Remembrance of all the Faithful Departed, were celebrated with great religious fervor at the liturgical functions held in the local church.
    The bell is rung each evening, usually by one of the village women, as a reminder to pray for the souls in Purgatory.
    The locals also gather in the church each evening during the week (Monday to Saturday) to pray the Rosary for the dead.
    Both of these traditions are estimated to be over 500 years old.
    bellmaria.jpg

Booklady and Joe Crozier like this.
  3. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY NOVEMBER 2, 1961:

GARABANDAL AND THE "COMMUNION WITH THE DECEASED"
    Sustained by prayer, the Communion of the Saints links the world of the living with that of the deceased in the one Church of God.
    This profound dimension of Christian faith was lived intensely at San Sebatian de Garabandal where the villagers prayed for the deceased every day.
    The ecstasies of November 2, 1961 and 1962 illustrate this bond with the "blessed souls of Purgatory" in a remarkable way. Led by the Blessed Virgin to the gates of the cemetery where, in ecstasy, they went regularly, the visionaries pushed their arms through the bars and held out their crucifix as if they were presenting it to be kissed by dozens of invisible people.
    [Excerpted from 'Garabandal' Book, page 116]

Booklady and Joe Crozier like this.
  4. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Today in Garabandal History: November 3,1961

Coonchita recalls how she learned the "Hail Mary", from Fr.Luis Andreau, AFTER he passed away !

COnchita " After his death Fr. Luis Andreu taught me to pray the Hail Mary in Greek.

We heard his voice during an ecstasy; but we didn't see him.

Also he told me a message for his brother, and a French song, which I don't remember anymore, although Fr. Ramon knows it by heart.

He told us how they had buried him . . .

His voice was the same as when he was alive."

(From " She went in haste to the Mountain " )

Joe Crozier likes this.
  5. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Today I remember the "earthy" Birthday of my Aunt Angelina. She passed in 2014 at the age of 91,but she is the person responsible for my introduction to Joey & Garabandal. Without her, I would not be here today. May she be looking down from Heaven today, pleased that her nephew has carried on her love of our Lady,and the messages of Garabandal.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY !

I first heard about Garabandal through an Aunt of mine Angelina Glass,who lived in Lindenhurst, NY and was in the same Parish as Joey Lomangino ( Our Lady of Perpetual Help ). She was having Joey over to her house to do a talk about Garabandal ( one of the first to do so ) and also a chance to see and venerate the medal Joey had that was kissed by the Blessed Mother. The reason I was there as about a 13year old was I had a bone marrow disease in my legs. My Grandmother ( who was truly a living saint ) was praying for my miraculous healing, was a huge believer in Padre Pio, and I heard he was connected to and approved this apparition apostolate.
    I listened to Joey and kissed the medal (which the Blessed Mother kissed at Garabandal ).
    Two weeks later, after another x-ray, astonished doctors, said the disease was completely gone ! So I was certainly surprised and grateful to my Grandmother for her prayers to Padre Pio ( never really understand the meaning of kissing the medal at that time as a boy.)
    20 years later, a friend ( Peter ) asked me to go to a prayer meeting and talk by some blind guy in Lindenhurst, who had a link to the Blessed Mother and Padre Pio. I figured , My family always had a devotion to Mary and Padre Pio, so why not ? Well to my surprise I walked in and see this blind guy ( Joey ) and I’m shocked because I remember seeing him 20 years earlier ! He's got a face you can't forget .
    After the meeting at the NY Center, I offered to help out making rosaries, and doing mailings of the video ( at that time ,and later the DVD ). After meeting Joey a couple of times, he saw I was not a shy person ,lol, and so he asked me to be the Public Relations Director, which was a huge honor, and I gladly excepted. I mainly concentrated on doing talks and showing the video, and answering questions afterwards at any place or church that would have me. Heaven somehow implanted the idea in my empty head to try and get the video on tv. After all the major networks turned me down, I targeted Mother Angelica's EWTN live show. I called and wrote the President Bill Steltemier for 6 months straight relentlessly ! He finally caved in, probably figured it was easier to put Joey on one time and get rid of me for good, lol. Well, that show was the highest rated show they ever had ,and Joey & Mother Angelica had such good chemistry, we were asked back again, and again. That show caused the video to explode in the USA .
    I went to Joey ( and Conchita ) back in 2009 with the idea to bring the Message of Garabandal, here to facebook, since it had a global audience. Both happily agreed, and that's how this page started.
    I truly am blessed to have known Joey ,his family & Conchita and her family, for the past 24 years.

522012_669440693075022_1348977764_n.jpg Last BD 2014.

Shae, Joe Crozier and John T like this.
  6. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Mary & the Brown Scapular

When Mary appeared as Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, wearing the Brown Scapular over her arm, she instantly sent a message of its importance. It also connected the Brown Scapular to the devotions Mary talked about (the rosary, the morning offering, etc) to the Garabandal messages.
    Mary has appeared in four apparitions with the Brown Scapular.
    Aylesford in 1251
    Lourdes 1858
    Fatima 1917
    Garabandal 1961-65
    ourLady of GBLn.jpg

7. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANAL HISTORY :NOVEMBER 4,1962
    Garabandal and the Holy Shroud

Only after Father Eusebio Garcia de Pesquera had written his comprehensive book on Garabandal, SHE WENT IN HASTE TO THE MOUNTAIN, did it come to light that the Shroud was mentioned at Garabandal. It was during one of Conchita's ecstasies when the Blessed Virgin spoke to the visionary about the Sabana Santa (Spanish for Holy Shroud). Among the spectators at that ecstasy was the Marquesa de Santa Maria, an excellent witness, and it was from her that Prof. Jacques Serre learned what the Virgin said about the Shroud. The Marquesa heard Conchita repeat the words of Our Lady: "It is the divine imprint of my Son."
    holyShroud1.jpg

Shae, Booklady and earthtoangels like this.
  8. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Joe Crozier and Booklady like this.
  9. Elisa

Elisa Archangels

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  10. John T

John T Principalities

It could be. However there is also another Synod Scheduled the following Oct 2019 and that ones added “controversial” topic as just announced by Pope Francis last week which will be up for discussion (among other things) is about married priests. The Synod is re the Amazon region clergy overall.

So we have 2 Synods Scheduled 2 Years in a row starting next Oct with the latter being on a topic of discussion that has 2000 years of a precedent of not being the case-married Priests. Stay tuned. While God is keeping us confused :) (all these Synods so there’s no way to know which is THE SYNOD before the Warning as you advised is Garabandal Prophecy) I believe the events are near. Peace!

Joe Crozier likes this.
  11. Elisa

Elisa Archangels

Good to know. Thanks. We also need to watch the Pope who will leave for Russia, if I remember well. If the Warning will not be in 2018 then it will only be in 2020 or later and this is far tooo much away for me. I am attacked from all sides. I have no rest anymore (non-stop noise during night and day). It completely affects my spiritual life. If you can't sleep anymore, everything stops. I know that the number "2"(related perhaps to 2020 ??) is an important number in Medjugorje according to the seers and related to the secrets of Medjugorje. Please, if possible, pray that the noise disappears here, because I also started a new job and I can hardly resist not to fall asleep and even worse.... I take sleeping pills but I have side effects and now I put things in my ears with rainfall "music" to hide the noise but it hardly works.

12. John T

John T Principalities

Firstly, of course. I will pray for you. May Jesus and Mary grant you peace. Remember at Garabandal Our Blessed Mother Said: “Pray to us with sincerity and We will grant your requests.” Until then offer your sufferings up. Simply by saying the Morning Offering everyday you/we do just that.

Yes we are all watching to see when the Pope (this Pope or another Pope-will leave for Russia) And yes the Warning will be in an “even” year per Mari Loli. So if not in 2018 hopefully then in 2020-which if in early 2020, is “shortly after a Synod.” (The 2019 one). Peace of Christ and Our
    Blessed Mother be with you always!

Joe Crozier, Glenn and Booklady like this.
  13. Elisa

Elisa Archangels

Thank you John. The landlord increased the noise of the heating circulator to tease me even more. He and his wife told me in my apartment that they hate me, they mocked my faith, my nationality (Dutch), my professional abilities, my person, in one night, threatening me that I will now have one of the worst landlords I have ever had in my life. He took my bike in anger and put it into the cave but he has no right to do so because it is written in the contract. All this because I said that his heating needs to be repared because I cannot sleep. But he has plenty of money ! Sorry for using this thread for my problems. I stop here.

14. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Mary on Penance

Conchita said “ One day, during an apparition of Our Lady, we were wearing a "cilicio" around our waists (a chain worn for penance), although very loosely and, so that she would realize that we were wearing it, we would touch it every in a while. She said to us, “Yes, I know that you’re wearing it. But that’s not exactly what I ask of you all, nor is it what is most pleasing to me. What most pleases me is your fidelity in your daily, ordinary life.”

https://www.garabandal.it/en/live-garabandal/what-was-the-blessed-virgin-like#10

15. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

"BLESSED ARE THOSE"
    http://www.ourlady.ca/info/BlessedAreThose.htm
    Conchita wrote : "The Blessed Virgin affirmed here what she did at Lourdes and Fátima and not a single new thing. The Message remains the same. We are asked only to believe - to focus on living the Message - not to seek more spiritual fireworks (as if these three well-documented apparitions were not enough already!) or try to predict the fulfillment of God's plan."

16. John T

John T Principalities

So true Glenn. Of all the apparitions, Miracles, incredible stories, future events, etc the most important message about Garabandal is the simplest of all(reminds me of Christ’s birth-in a manger-simple and humble) “FIRST we must be very good. Fulfill your state in life. Visit the Blessed Sacrament. (Confession, Mass, Holy Communion) Think about the Passion Of Jesus.” That’s it. That’s the message. Amen!

Glenn likes this.
  17. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

Elisa, I will be praying that things improve for you soon. God bless.

John T likes this.
  18. Elisa

Elisa Archangels

Thank you very much Carol. It will be lifesaving.

19. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY NOVEMBER 6,1966
    Notes recorded by Mother Nieves ( the directress of Conchita's college ) "Conchita's Recollections"

On the topic of praying for the " Miracle " day.

"The people pray that the Miracle will take place. Don't you see that this is foolish? It will take place whether they pray or not. I only request that the message be fulfilled.
    Many pray for the Miracle in order that others, who have not believed, will be put down. This doesn't seem good to me.
    I think that my mother is anxious for the Miracle to come in order to be free from doubts and worry . . . It's wonderful to love God and to have faith, without seeing anything. "

20. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

TODAY IN GARABANDAL HISTORY NOVEMBER 6,1966
    Notes recorded by Mother Nieves ( the directress of Conchita's college ) "Conchita's Recollections"

On the topic of touching Mary & Jesus

"When saying good-bye, she kissed us, and it was like this . . . We didn't feel any physical contact and at the same time we weren't able to advance further, since there was something there that prevented us from doing it.

We wanted to touch, and our hand didn't touch anything on arriving at her, nor was it able to continue further. We held the Child Jesus in our arms, and we felt no weight, nor did we feel any physical contact; but He was there."

earthtoangels likes this.