1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Fr John Hardon SJ

Discussion in 'Video Blogs' started by padraig, Jan 4, 2017.

1. padraig

padraig New Member

josephite, Mac and Fatima like this.
  2. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Thanks for posting Padraig. I recall hearing Father Hardon say in more than one men's retreat of his, which I attended that; "No ordinary Catholic family will survive. It will take heroic Catholic families". He said this in the video above about half way through his talk. Now we can see what he spoke of is today's Catholic culture.

Praetorian and josephite like this.
  3. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

I have watched the first 10min. I will finish it tomorrow. Looks good.

Praetorian and josephite like this.
  4. A very good, holy man. I received spiritual direction from him once while he was visiting the Pacific Northwest. He told me that I would find union with God and have many spiritual children. I had no idea he was a famous priest. He used to give Opus Angelorium retreats. I had no idea what union with God meant and having just had a miscarriage a few months earlier, I thought he meant that I was going to have many more. And I cried! !.. luckily I went home and wrote it all down in my journal. Thankfully, a good seasoned Catholic friend (who got regular direction from him) told me what it meant. He was a quiet man. He listened well and looked right through you. He wasn't a chatterbox at all. He encouraged me and my marriage. God bless his soul!

josephite and padraig like this.
  5. padraig

padraig New Member

He reminds me so much of my late Spiritual Director it gives me the shivers. I am so glad he is on the road to sainthood.

josephite and mothersuperior7 like this.
  6. josephite

josephite Powers

I watched this video and then suggested my husband watch it.
    And amazingly he did!
    Its another drip on the rock, Praise God!

Praetorian and Denise P like this.
  7. josephite

josephite Powers

At one stage Father Hardon says that in the world there are 2300 Catholic diocese and that 1900 have already disappeared!
    I take that to mean there was 4200 Catholic diocese worldwide which has now (the time of the video), reduced to 2300, that is an extrodinary fall in numbers!

8. Fatima

Fatima Powers

He and Cardinal Burke were the best of friends. For anyone that has gone to Our Lady of Guadalupe Shrine, in Lacrosse, Wisconsin, Father Hardon and Cardinal Burke picked out the location for the shrine in the hills there. In the greeting house at the shrine is a large display of Father John Hardon's works and pray card ect.. for his cause of sainthood.

Praetorian likes this.
  9. AED

AED New Member

Wonderful talk. Fr. Hardon is a priest for all seasons.

10. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Wouldn't it be something to see a video with Pope Francis fining his position on divorce and remmaried supporting his position using 2000 years of teachings, as Cardinal Burke has so eliquntly done here in this video? He couldn't do it, pure and simple!