1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Four Cardinals OFFICIALLY ask Pope Francis to Clarify Amoris Laetitia

Discussion in 'Pope Francis' started by BrianK, Nov 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. josephite

josephite Powers

The severity and the effects of the cross at the moment, for so many, is hard to express in words.
    I never thought it could feel so utterly stripping, personally I am constantly asking Our Lady and Our Lord for relief.

I have a grief that I actually feel in my stomach and a physical weakness that I know is a spiritual manifestation and not a physical ailment, as the Lord has prepared me for this in the past and I believe I know the difference, still it is hard to understand why these crosses are so heavy, however He is giving me and hopefully all of us strength to stand and to withstand through His gift of prayer that He bestowed to mankind as our powerful weapon and our shield!

I fear..............No that is not correct. I know!....... I will fall if I do not pray continuously.

What I am taking from this experience now is to know that in the near future I am not to Judge what I consider to be right or wrong but only to stay in the arms of the mother church!

When and if a schism manifests as a full blown confusing Mess in the Church, where we the ordinary Catholic faithful are expected to be able to decipher who is telling truths and who has ulterior motives as many may seem to be on the side of truth but very well may innocently be decieved themselves! Our only recourse is to look at Christ on the Cross and weep and offer our small pains to Him.

It is good to remember that the evil ones lies can not only be dressed in truths but he has the cunning to use the very words of God Himself which are spoken in the prophesys approved by the Church that many of us believe and satan even uses Gods Holy words in scripture......... to decieve!

For forty days Jesus fasted and prayed in the wilderness and when satan tempted Our Lord, satan didn't use lies! satan used scripture! the very words of God Himself! to tempt Christ.

What to do? Fast and Pray!

Jesus said you are not to prepare your defence for the Holy Spirit will speak for you.

Lord Have Mercy on us!
    Christ Have Mercy on us!
    Lord Have Mercy on us and Hear Our Prayer.

Mary Mother of Mercy, Pray for us and hide us all under Thy Holy mantle. Amen.

Mario and Sam like this.
  2. David Healy

David Healy St Pio Son

God is in control. We do what we can. My own plan to 'weather' the storm is Holy Mass as often as possible, Eucharistic Adoration as often as possible, daily Rosary, confession when necessary. Orienting oneself between Our Lord in the Eucharist and Our Lady in Her Rosary will see one through.

In the Gospel we read that during the storm Jesus 'appeared' to be asleep. The Apostles saw Him walking on the water, not only exhibiting absolute control over events but complete power and dominion. A lot of people focus on Peter faltering and sinking in the waves, however the deeper lesson is that at that moment of supreme peril, Our Lord did not let him sink. He reached out and saved Peter. Our Blessed Lord acted. He took control. He sees the storm we are passing through just as clearly now as He did then on that fateful night on Gallilee's stormy waters.

When events in the Church and the world in our day seem storm tossed, confusing and frightening it is good to remember that our Father in Heaven with His beloved Son (with the Holy Spirit) and Our Lady are firmly in control despite appearances to the contrary. We may get wet and shaken about a bit, our hearts may be in our mouths but stay focused on Jesus and Many and all will be well.

Let's try to make 'Jesus I trust in You' Our lived reality. We can truly do nothing without Him but with Him ALL things are possible.

The storm will pass. They always do.

Mario, Pray4peace and Dolours like this.
  3. Mario

Mario Powers

I included you in my Rosary today before the celebration of Holy Mass! God bless you, Brian, and your family.:) And yes, the Shrine of Divine Mercy is a marvelous place, though it's been over a year since last I went!

Safe in the Refuge of the Immaculate Heart!

4. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Maranatha

The faithful Cardinals/Bishops have already tried to engage the Pope privately. We know for certain that they sent the letter to the Pope soon after the Pope's private letter to the Argentinian bishops came out into the open. Since the Pope has stubbornly refused to reply, what then could they do but go public in order to defend the truths of our faith? We know that the Pope had likewise refused to respond to the 45 theologians who asked for clarifications on Amoris Laetitia. As Cardinal Burke said, the 4 Cardinals are doing what scripture says in Matthew 18:15-17 -
    Reproving Another Who Sins
    15 “If another member of the church[a] sins against you,[b] go and point out the fault when the two of you are alone. If the member listens to you, you have regained that one.[c] 16 But if you are not listened to, take one or two others along with you, so that every word may be confirmed by the evidence of two or three witnesses. 17 If the member refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if the offender refuses to listen even to the church, let such a one be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.

If the Pope had nothing to hide, the reply should have been straightforward.Why does he choose to ignore the requests?

By going public, the faithful laity is reassured that there are still members of the church hierarchy who will not sit back and remain quiet in the face of evil.

Wasn't it the silence of the hierarchy that allowed the church's abuse scandal to go on and on for so long?

Dolours and BrianK like this.
  5. padraig

padraig New Member

I often have found it a great blessing in times of trouble and feeling eprplexed to take a step back and ask Our Lord and Our Lady to step in and help me out with a few pointers. We often have to give the Holy Spirit time to step in and help us out. I find this certainly such a time , otherwise there is the real possibility of running very,very fast and not getting anywher spiritually. THere is always the danger that I might be taking to the trenches of an entrenched position or seeing people who happen to disagree with me as somehow , 'bad' or even evil, of loosing my spiritual cool and objectivity, of abandoning peace.

I think we see Jesus doing this time and time again in His ministry of Him going to the desert and withdrawing with the Disciples for periods of pray and reflection. Also for rest . We are poor sinners not angels, we realy need this. This is certainly such a time.

I agree with people who indicate that the Church is in a very,very grave postion at the moment. We are only seeing the tip of the iceberg. One thing that may happen is that some people in the Vatican may choose to reveal things that have been kept secret up to now, 'So that the secrets thoguhts in the ehart of many may be laid bare' .When this happens..and I beleive it is just about to , we will see a huge acceleration in events.

Also we know historically that when these things occur peole roll their sleeves up and tend to get stuck into each other with fists, feet, teeth, bar stools and anything else that comes handy. We need grace to help us not to get incvloved in stuff that would make the devil laugh. We need charity, we need to retain peace and a real openess to the Will of God.

But honestly we are entering the most huge storm for the Barque of Peter, there is no escaping from that.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  6. padraig

padraig New Member

We will maybe keep the forum open but give internal Church matters a rest till after Christmas. :)

I think actually events are fast moving beyond us and the Cardinals and Bishops will be doing a lot of talking themselves. So I am going to freeze threads on internal Church matters. We can get back to this after Christmas.

Booklady and bflocatholic like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.