1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Four Cardinals OFFICIALLY ask Pope Francis to Clarify Amoris Laetitia

Discussion in 'Pope Francis' started by BrianK, Nov 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidtlig

davidtlig Powers

This little contribution from Brian says it all! I wonder if his hero, the good Cardinal Burke, would agree with him? Not a chance!

2. Sam

Sam Archangels

Brian, are you serious about this statement?

3. FatimaPilgrim

FatimaPilgrim Powers

The Holy Doors of Mercy was a stunt? Good gravy, heaven have mercy on you. I fear you've fallen prey to the whispers of the evil one.

Stick in the safety of the boat, people. Our current captain is more than a bit uneasy on his legs as the swells rise in this storm, but he's still the captain and Trust God now more than ever. He is in charge and will never let the gates of hell prevail against His Church :)

josephite likes this.
  4. padraig

padraig New Member

No I think the Door of Mercy came straight from the Holy Spirit. It fits in wonderfully with the Signs of the Times. He was inspired in this.

We must not see dragons under every door mat.

5. padraig

padraig New Member

Such difficult , difficult times. It feels at times as though I walking out to sea and feel a strong undercurrent trying to knock me off my feet and pull me out to sea. I can see why Our Blessed Lady is calling us again and again and again to sink deeper and deeper into prayer.

I must say , personally I feel myself being carried along over God's shoulder, like a little child. At beak time today I took a walk out into the city. It was the most beautiful Autumn day, I really love this time of the year. But my heart was filled with such intense joy and delight . I looked up to the beautiful blue sky and asked the Lord,

'Oh Jesus can can I be any happier than this in heaven? This is my heaven her below! '

I think when such joy fills our heart God cannot be far away. Let us keep our joy and peace and simplicity. Let us keep our feet on God's rock , the Church.

May our hearts keep dancing with joy, filled with peace...like the Marino Waltze.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  6. Dean

Dean Archangels

He say anything specific that would lead you to this?

7. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

Luz de Maria message (portion of) Nov. 10, 2016:

Dear children, pray for the Church. The Church of My Son enters a period of great division.

Cardinal Burke (in a news interview): we will make ‘formal act of correction’ if Pope doesn’t issue Amoris clarification

Begs the question then.....what comes next if the Pope does not comply or simply restates that he has not changed dogma/doctrine? What's the next step and how do these leaders direct those not within the realm of their individual bailiwicks? Will they also publicly condemn those other bishops not necessarily in agreement with their approach? I believe that such efforts should still be carried out in private amongst the hierarchy to fulfill their grave individual responsibilities of their positions to maintain unity in order not to be responsible for the usual and expected response by the Church's enemies which is always to use what is made available to them to agitate the faithful throughout the world and draw them away from unity. Striking the head publicly in these days esp. will have its logical results....for the flock. What a gigantic responsibility upon those who know that this could more than likely be the result. More efforts should be made to avoid this.....esp. doing so outside of publicity's realm.

8. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

Not to give you a flippant answer ETA, but I think no one knows what will come of this. It could go any number of ways. It is BIG though. I have been doing a lot of reading up on it the past couple of days. There is a lot more to this than one might realize at first glance. I didn't realize how serious this was until I read up on it. It is not just a few discontented Cardinals delivering a letter. I think the best answer was given to us at Akita.

...The work of the devil will infiltrate even into the Church in such a way that one will see cardinals opposing cardinals, and bishops against other bishops. The priests who venerate me will be scorned and opposed by their Confreres. The Church and altars will be vandalized. The Church will be full of those who accept compromises and the demon will press many priests and consecrated souls to leave the service of the Lord.
    -Akita (An excerpt of the The third message from October 13, 1973)

Mac, Light, SgCatholic and 3 others like this.
  9. Mario

Mario Powers

Brian my brother,

For all of us who have taken advantage of the indulgence made available through the "Holy Doors of Mercy", I find your opinion that such a gift was a political tool, offensive. I'm apprehensive that your concern surrounding the actions of Pope Francis, has acquired a bitter taste in your heart.

Hebrews 12: 14 Strive for peace with all men, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord. 15 See to it that no one fail to obtain the grace of God; that no "root of bitterness" spring up and cause trouble, and by it the many become defiled.

May we remain alert and faithful with no bitterness. Shalom!

Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  10. DivineMercy

DivineMercy Archangels

Exactly my thoughts. Remain alert, faithful, and no bitterness. Thank you Mario for expressing this small statement so well!
    :love::love::love:

josephite and FatimaPilgrim like this.
  11. BrianK

BrianK Resident Kook, Crank, Curmudgeon - & Mod Staff Member

It was a mistake on my part to state this publicly and for this I apologize. I shouldn't have said this publicly. People aren't prepared to deal with these realities. I was just very frustrated. I'm sick of "mercy" being used as a tool to introduce and push a heretical agenda, and people are oblivious to the reality.

I've been through the Doors at the Divine Mercy Shrine in Stockbridge MA this fall as well as other places. (Yes, despite why it was done,. I believe in the graces that arise from it.)

Its a great place. This full size image of the Divine Mercy, which wept tears of oil in its owners' home in California, hangs in the hall of the Marian Helpers offices there. These pictures were taken when I visited this fall:
    IMG_0807.JPG
    IMG_0808.JPG

I am suffering a cross right now that is orders of magnitude greater than all the heath troubles I've suffered over the last year and talked about on EWTN Radio (second half of recording.)

Despite my best efforts, this current burden has clouded my judgment. Again, my apologies.

Harper, bflocatholic, Mario and 6 others like this.
  12. padraig

padraig New Member

You are a good person Brian. Don't beat yourself up over this.

Praying for you through the night.

bflocatholic, Mario, maryrose and 5 others like this.
  13. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

It is not just a few discontented Cardinals delivering a letter.

Hopefully my comment stressed the seriousness that goes way beyond such an initial move. This has been in the picture since the earliest months of Francis' Papacy. It's frightening in its reality and its likely repercussions. I believe we have been warned of these things at Garabandal and Akita in order that we may storm heaven for unity beforehand, before division is written in stone. If such disunity, which has been there for some time and now exposed....esp. by this Pope, is to come due to our own unfaithfulness, people had better be more concerned about the little ones who will bear the brunt of all the confusion and distrust, and be scattered.....probably into the hands of the wolves. Some may temporarily rejoice that their personal conclusions will be enforced, but the most responsible should work things out among themselves, in private as is what is expected of those raised to such exalted positions under God. Again, just which "Magisterium" of the moment will people choose as the "righteous" one? And which one could as easily be the one that will be used by the AC simply because it will be advertised as the most historically "dogmatic" and include prelates of formerly respectful positions that will give it legitimacy?? It's all in the mix for those with foresight and who truly care about the Holy Spirit's choice.

padraig, josephite and Sam like this.
  14. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

Sorry ETA, I didn't mean to imply that you thought this wasn't serious.
    I am still just in shock that this is actually happening.
    It is kind of unnerving to see specific prophecy actually happening before our eyes.
    It can't be long now.
    And right at the end of the Year of Mercy.

15. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

It is kind of unnerving to see specific prophecy actually happening before our eyes.

So very true. Oh....if only!

josephite and Praetorian like this.
  16. BrianK

BrianK Resident Kook, Crank, Curmudgeon - & Mod Staff Member

Thank you Padraig. Im really having a hard time bearing up under this weight today.

17. FatimaPilgrim

FatimaPilgrim Powers

Already added you to my prayer list as that seemed apparent and will keep it up. We're all under attack, brother, and they are increasing in intensity. A sign that things are close . . .

SgCatholic, josephite and BrianK like this.
  18. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

There are still 2 main possibilities, Pope Francis makes the requested clarifications and the evil one (I mean a real person) behind all of this is angered, therefore acts on his anger.... or PF does not make the requested clarifications. I'm praying that Pope Francis makes the clarifications. I would prefer to believe that PF is being controlled by someone and is having difficulty because of this.

Brian, I hope things improve for you soon.

Harper, BrianK, Dolours and 1 other person like this.
  19. Dolours

Dolours Powers

To be honest, Brian, as the year wore on and as mercy was used to cover a multitude, I became suspicious. In the early stages I thought it was as much about the Church in Rome helping out the economy in Rome as much as anything else. Do you remember the "Year of Mercy" wine? That's not to say that the indulgences weren't a great gift to us Catholics. I've been through all four holy doors in Rome, some more than once. I don't know the history of holy door indulgences, but I don't think it unreasonable to speculate that there have been times in the past where attaching indulgences to certain pilgrimage sites might have had a temporal as well as spiritual goal. I wouldn't be surprised if the Shroud of Turin exposition hadn't also had a dual purpose. That doesn't make the indulgences any less a blessing for those of us who availed of them.

Just a little background: The rising political party in Italy is not at all friendly to the Church, and gained power in Rome in this year's election. Very recently, their leader, Bepe Grillo (yes, he did work as a clown) declared that the Vatican Museums belonged to Rome, complained that the city didn't get a share of the Museum's income, and said that he would tax them. He had to apologise very quickly for claiming ownership of the museums but didn't back down on his intention to tax the Vatican, saying that he would raise the matter with "Bergoglio". During the summer, I think it was prior to the election, a Cardinal in Rome made a statement refuting a claim that the Year of Mercy didn't bring any extra visitors to Rome. The Cardinal cited the number of people who had passed through the Holy Door in the Vatican. While St. Peter's is open to everyone, there's a separate line for entering the Holy Door. Although the Vatican has its own security, the perimeters are patrolled by the Italian police. It had been quite a few years since I spent any time in Rome and I was shocked at how run down and unkempt parts of it were. I think that there could be some resentment against the Church, especially in Rome.

BrianK likes this.
  20. Sunnyveil

Sunnyveil New Member

Brian,

Thank you for bringing these issues to this forum for discussion. I'm sure that we all deeply love our Catholic faith, but some of us are seriously concerned about its leadership at this time. It takes courage to do what you're doing. Please don't stop.

Harper, Dolours and BrianK like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.