1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Forum Locked For one Month

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by padraig, Sep 21, 2014.

1. padraig

padraig New Member

Hi Joanne,

Well I was walking along the road with the dogs, praying as I always do when I got the strong impression I should close the forum at once for a month. It came with the kind of 'tone' I have come to associate with Our Blessed Lady. (I don't like to say outright it was a voice in as much as we hear each other, you might say it was kind of a quiet inner voice).

This was unexpected and so out of line with what i myself would ever want to do that it brought me up short. SO I decided to enter into a period of discernment over this. I sent a PM to various people on the forum , thinking they would think the whole idea was nuts. But, on the contrary , to my surprise most people thought I should do so.

I prayed some more to recheck and got an even stronger prayerful impression with even greater urgency that I should close up for a month,

So I did so. Over the period of the month I got many emails from different people saying I was right to close up. Though many of them giving different ideas as to why I should have done so.

I have no idea why Our Lady asked this. However I have noticed since the forum appears to be stronger than ever. I was praying over it one time and got the picture of pruning roses. You cut the flowers back to make them stronger and I believe this is what happened here.

I dislike the idea of 'Voices' as it appears to mark people out as 'special' or apart' ; I believe God speaks to us all. There is nothing wrong with God's voice, He is not dumb. There is I suspect often something wrong with our hearing though. We just don't don't take time to listen.

End of sermon.:ROFLMAO::D
    [​IMG]

Joanne, Mario, Eamonn and 1 other person like this.