Forgiven

Discussion in 'Books, movies, links, websites.' started by padraig, Jan 3, 2009.

1. padraig

padraig Powers

2. Rain

Rain Powers

I went to Confession today, too. Hopefully, I can stay clean long enough to receive Communion :) .

3. Seán

Seán New Member

I'm going next week.

I'll bet you're glad to see the burden lifted, Padraig!
    I was only thinking about that today, actually, what relief it is to come out of the confessional knowing that all one's faults and failings have been forgiven by the great Mercy of the Lord. If but more people knew of this great beneficial Sacrament, there would be full pews waiting for it every day.

Seán

4. garabandal

garabandal Powers

When we confess, we do not confess to a priest
    but to 'Jesus Christ' who manifests himself
    to us through his chosen servant.

In other words Jesus is really and truely present
    in the sacrament of confession. The priests words
    are therefore the very words of Christ [irrespective
    of how holy or not the priest is].

Can't wait until my next confession!!!

5. Mario

Mario Powers

Oops!

I intended to take my children yesterday, but forgot the hour for confessions had been moved from 4pm to 3pm. Ovey!! Sadly, I'll wait a week.

Happy Epiphany, everyone! Here in the States it's been moved from the 6th to the Sunday following 1/1.

Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

6. Lee

Lee Principalities

This is the first year that I'm giving some gifts at the Epiphany. I have some very tender souls who love little gifts and it lights me up to give them. I'm really looking forward to it.

Confession is slated for this week as well. I just came in contact with a book called "Frequent Confessions". I don't have a copy yet but hope to soon, I'll share what I find.

Lee