1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

For our home....

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by Mark1, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Mark1

Mark1 New Member

...I am unemployed due to lifelong depression. We get hit with bi-annual house taxes, hard. My wife tried to pay a little on them, using mortgage money. But the bank wouldn't accept partial payments, going back to April...when this nightmare began. If we don't come up with $7,000 in 2 weeks to bring us back up to being current, we lose the home I've lived in for 39 years, and the home of my wife and son. It's all my fault for not working. We need a miracle. Thank you for prayers.

2. bflocatholic

bflocatholic Powers

I will remember you and your family in my prayers, Mark. May God Bless you and continue to give you the strength and courage that you need to keep fighting!

Beth B likes this.
  3. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Please, Mark, don't make the mistake of blaming yourself. Nobody chooses to be ill. Keep praying and trusting that God has you in the palm of His hand.

Prayers said that it will all work out for you.

Beth B likes this.
  4. Heidi

Heidi Archangels

How ridiculous! My husband works at a bank, and he always accepts partial payments.

I will pray for you!

Beth B likes this.
  5. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Praying for you mark....and family.

6. Florida Panther

Florida Panther Jesus through Mary

Praying..

7. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Mark1, here is a suggestion that St. Mother Teresa prayed every time she needed a favor from God. She would pray the following prayer with deep faith and trust in the Blessed Mother coming through with her intention. She would pray it 10 times and on the 10th Momorare she would thank our Lady for hearing and answering her prayer. Pray this with trust and pray it often for God's will to be done.
    [​IMG]

Memorare:
    Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  8. Mark1

Mark1 New Member

...wow...I'm humbled by all of the replies, which I did not anticipate. I've read each and every reply, and I thank each of you, and PRAY FOR YOU, also. Heidi.....People's United won't accept partial payments, at least not ours. We tried and tried. Fatima....I will do it as you described, 10 times, then giving thanks. Thank you, and thank all of you as well, who I've never even met. I humbly accept your prayers on behalf of my wife and son (Bflocatholic, Delours, Heidi, Beth B, Florida Panther and Fatima.....I thank you:)
    ...just as a nonsensical addition, I started seeking help at 20 in 1985. Meds didn't work, and the therapist was weird. Over the years, I try, then quit, because of the same reasons. Agoraphobia made it worse. I never really moved out, except for college, and took care of my mom for 20 years, as she fractured each bone in her spine due to osteoporosis (women, take your calcium AND vitamin D). She'd get a new fracture about every 3 months, often from just coughing, making the bed or even laughing. Both parents passed in 2007...4 months apart, and I was numb for a year. I finally married at 43, had an angel of a son, and, great dad that I am, soon quit the part time job I had just started. 2 Christmases ago we were sued by 2 debt collectors (we had fallen behind when my wife was out on maternity, and I had surgery). Last Christmas we were going through bankruptcy...but managed to save the house which was put in my name for taking care of mom. I finally apllied for S.S. disability, but was denied because A) I'd seen therapists but they were discounted because they had no M.D. after their name and B) because I'd go long stretches without seeking treatment (explained above). Now, here comes another Christmas, poisoned by the threat of foreclosure...due to my not bringing us an income. Half the time, I actually pray for my own death, so that my family might get a little insurance money to save the home. Each one of you reading this has as much as, if not more problems....just as stressful. I am not taking away from that or rolling in self pity, just explaining our situation to fill in some blanks and, perhaps, to vent, anonymously. Now that you understand the gravity of the situation, you may understand how GRATEFUL I AM for your prayers. God Bless each of you.

9. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Mark1, you have carried a heavy cross. Look to the one at the foot of the cross (Our Blessed Mother) and petition her for all your needs within the will of God. Seems many of us take some medicine for one disease or another. We pray the rosary every night within our family. Recently, my wife and I decided to add another rosary the first thing in the morning before we get ready for work. This one is for our health throughout the tribulation. I constantly remind anyone who will listen about the story of the nuclear bomb that fell on Hiroshima, Japan killing (incinerating) everyone within a several mile radius, except for 8 Jesuit priests living in a house only 8 blocks from "ground zero" of the bomb who survived the blast and radiation. On American TV years later Father Shiffner was asked why he felt they survived when all others in near proximity of the blast and radiation died immediately and his answer was, "In that house we followed the Fatima message. We prayed the rosary daily".

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  10. Mark1

Mark1 New Member

...thank you, Fatima. Yes, I've read that story, myself. My mind wanders, I know I don't concentrate as well as I could...but I say the rosary daily...and have for decades, incorporating it with the Divine Mercy Novena and, I think the Holy Spirit Novena (it's been so long since I combined the words from all 3, I forget which novenas I combined)

11. Mark sometimes it's good to know that you are in good company on this forum and fellow members are carrying similar crosses, We can all help each other with the load,:love:

I wonder seeing it is the month of the Holy Souls, would you try asking your mother that you cared for so dearly for some help, I will implore the help also from all of the Holy Souls.

StGertrudeNovenaCardPrint.jpg

josephite, Jeanne and PotatoSack like this.
  12. garabandal

garabandal Powers

On my Rosary.

josephite likes this.
  13. andree

andree Archangels

Dear Mark1 (& QuD): I'll offer you & your families to Our Lady today at Mass on this first Saturday.

josephite likes this.
  14. Mark1

Mark1 New Member

Thank you all. Yes, as stated, I'm well aware that each, here, has just as heavy...if not heavier crosses. And, I do invoke the Holy Souls...including mom. Prayers for all, here :)

josephite, Sam and Sanctus like this.
  15. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

Yes this is my nuclear bomb prayer so great advice. I will pray for you.

josephite and Elly like this.
  16. Mark1

Mark1 New Member

...I now pray it, daily, and...as with others here, I pray for you. Thank you so much.

josephite and Elly like this.
  17. Jeanne

Jeanne New Member

Praying for you...

josephite likes this.
  18. padraig

padraig New Member

Another great Cross, praying.

josephite likes this.
  19. Mark1

Mark1 New Member

...Thank you, Jeanne and Padraig. May I just state, to everyone who posted here, that GOD HEARD YOUR PRAYERS. And so I THANK YOU. I pray for each of you, and your intentions.

Jeanne, SgCatholic, Sam and 3 others like this.
  20. maryrose

maryrose Powers

Jesus and Mary be with you. I'm praying Memorae for you right now.