1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

For my Brother Tim

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by Mario, May 31, 2017.

1. Mary's child

Mary's child Archangels

Thank you for the update will continue to pray for your brother as well as you.

2. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Archangels

Continuing prayers, our God is an awesome God. He is really working things out for Tim.

3. Mario

Mario Powers

More prayers for my brother Tim, please. He has medical coverage, but now his memory loss is such that he poses as a danger to himself and others. Rather than going through the courts I'm going to request his doctor claim he is incapable of completing normal daily activities so I can take him to an emergency room. Assignment to a nursing home is more plausible from a hospital than through the courts. Please pray for Tim, but most importantly for his salvation!

You're a great bunch of intercessors.

St. Camillus, pray for Tim!

Safe in the Refuge of the Immaculate Heart!

AED, Byron and SgCatholic like this.
  4. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

I will be praying...

Mario likes this.
  5. padraig

padraig New Member

Praying now:)

Mario likes this.
  6. josephite

josephite Powers

I have just seen this prayer request.
    Be assured Mario that I will pray for Tim.
    May God Bless Tim now.

You know, being a nurse over many years, I have seen many people, both young and old in this suffering and I have often wondered about where God has these souls, as they seem to descend into what we consider a place of bewilderment, and we look on and percieve that they have lost knowledge of God and of all things because they seem to lose knowledge of their life and their circumstances!

But the Lord has shown me that this is contary to what is really happening! God is in fact taking them into a desert where they have a great opportunity to contemplate only His being as all else is removed; it is a suffering and it is precarious. God allows them the knowledge of truth, but keeps them in a place where they are unable to coherently react to His truth but now desperately want to! this is an agony for them but this place is also a place of great expiration of sins, like purgatory, and we are called to pray for them!

I believe Tim will be strengthened by your love and your prayers and in return his suffering will then help others.

God Bless you Mario and your family

Mario, AED, Dolours and 1 other person like this.
  7. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Archangels

Thank you Josephite for your explanation
    Prayers for Tim
    And prayers for the family
    So glad,Mario, that you are taking care of Tim and doing the resultant work
    Keep us posted

Mario likes this.
  8. AED

AED Powers

I am so happy to pray for Tim --hoping to get to Mass today so will put him on the altar. I am so grateful for this on line family and the prayer support. You are all AWESOME.

gracia, Mario and Byron like this.
  9. padraig

padraig New Member

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    gracia, HeavenlyHosts, Mario and 3 others like this.
  10. padraig

padraig New Member

upload_2017-7-20_19-21-6.jpeg

AED, HeavenlyHosts and Mario like this.
  11. AED

AED Powers

Yes Padraig. I too must write things down. Usually when a request comes in I try to pray right then and add it to my daily Rosary. Or adoration if I can do it that day but I am getting older now and memory falters a notebook is a necessity.

Mario and SgCatholic like this.
  12. Byron

Byron Principalities

Praying Mario. There is a Bishop who is heading for sainthood pray to him. His name is Bishop Agustine Roman. He helped me with both my husband and son. Having the MOG family is also a miracle.

RoryRory, AED and Mario like this.
  13. Mario

Mario Powers

Wonderful idea, Padraig. Sometimes it is not the request itself that I forget, but the promise I make in response.

Safe in the Refuge of the Immaculate Heart!

AED likes this.
  14. CathyG

CathyG Principalities

I often forget my specific promises so I end every rosary asking that everyone I promised to pray for is remembered. I guess it's an aging thing, lol.

15. padraig

padraig New Member

I knew a very Holy Priest who used to do this, very impressive:)

AED likes this.
  16. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Archangels

PAdraig
    Is there an update on the Redemptorist priest we were praying for?

17. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

Praying for Tim at Adoration

Mario likes this.
  18. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Maranatha

19. padraig

padraig New Member

Well I have only bought it. But what I am doing at the moment is writing down the name of anyone I promise prayers to and the specific intention. It is a very small little book and easy to carry. I intend bringing it to mass and reading each one .

What I found was that I was forgetting very quickly, but reading these stirs the heart to pray better. I always prayed for those I promised but often in a general sense. I think being specific is more true to the promise. A promise is a promise. I think I was being a little slack about this. I also intend to bring the notebook out at specific times, but am still getting organised.:)

If it does nothing else it will ease my conscience a little.

AED likes this.
  20. padraig

padraig New Member

I have not heard anything. If he did recover it would be a huge miracle as he has been in a coma for a year now. I think the longer you are under the less likely you are to come out. I suspect if he had awoken the whole city would have heard. :)

But yes I still believe in miracles.

AED and HeavenlyHosts like this.