1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

First Saturday (and First Friday)

Discussion in 'Marian Apparitions' started by lynnfiat, Aug 1, 2017.

1. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Maranatha

Bumping up.
    Today's the first Friday and tomorrow first Saturday of February.
    Let's soldier on!

Carol55, josephite, sunburst and 4 others like this.
  2. Shae

Shae Principalities

Count me in!:)

3. lynnfiat

lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

Our Blessed Mother is counting on us!

Attached Files:

Shae, Carol55, josephite and 2 others like this.
  4. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

I'm just back from the first Saturday Mass with the family.
    It is also St Blaise today.
    We all got the blessing of the throat.

"Through the intercession of St. Blaise, bishop and martyr, may God deliver you from every disease of the throat and from every other illness, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit."

[​IMG]

Shae, Carol55, Don_D and 6 others like this.
  5. lynnfiat

lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

A First Saturday meditation on the prophecy of Simeon:

Heavenly Mother, I enter into Your sorrow at the prophecy of Simeon when you presented with St. Joseph the child Jesus in the Temple. The joy you felt upon presenting Jesus to the Father was taken away by the words spoken by Simeon, “…and your heart will be pierced also…(Luke 2:34) Oh, my sorrowful Mother, in these words was the knowledge given to you how many would reject your Motherly embrace and in rejecting you, would also be rejecting your Jesus. How many souls were contained in your Hearts that would reject the many Graces that you wanted to offer them. My sweet Mother, to make reparation to you for all the rejection you suffered upon seeing those souls that would not only reject your Jesus, but would also reject you, I bring you the love of all the faithful throughout the ages. I bring you the love of Jesus, your Son; of the Holy Spirit, your spouse; and Our Heavenly Father, to comfort and console you in this great sorrow. I will remain always with you upon your lap begging together with you that the Kingdom come on earth, as it is in Heaven.

Oh my Jesus, please remove from me all that keeps me from living in your Holy Divine Will. If there is anything of which I am unaware of that keeps me outside of Your Will, make it known to me that I may repent of it so as to live firmly in Your Will. I ask you to make me into that image you had of me when I was first in Your Thoughts, and do not allow me to distort that image. May I grow ever more in Your Light as to form a Heaven for you on earth and to be united with you forever for all Eternity. Amen

LB

SgCatholic, Shae, Sam and 3 others like this.
  6. Don_D

Don_D Powers

It was a wonderful Mass this morning and as Mac said it was Saint Blaise today as well so we all received the blessing of the throat. I really love First Saturday mornings. This morning I lit a candle in front of the statue of the Blessed Mother. When I was done praying I looked up from the kneeler and saw that her eyes are actually cast downward on you. I had never noticed this before because I have always knelt and said my prayers in the pew. Having glasses I always thought that her eyes were closed as she appears to be in prayer.
    It gave me a bit of a start. A good one. :)

Dolours, Shae, lynnfiat and 3 others like this.