1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

First Friday and First Saturday

Discussion in 'Mother of God' started by lynnfiat, Sep 28, 2015.

1. lynnfiat

lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

From the Victorious Queen of the World - Sr. Natalia of Hungary:
    When the Savior first mentioned these First Saturdays I was not aware that the Holy Virgin in Fatima had asked for only Five First Saturdays, compared with nine in the messages I received. Therefore, the Church authorities wished me to ask the Savior why He requested nine while Mary had asked for only five.
    The Divine Savior answered: "The request of My Mother for Five Saturdays is a sign of Her humility. Even though She is glorified in Heaven, She lives in the spirit of humility, and therefore She would not consider Herself worthy to receive equal devotion with Me. My request is a sign of My love, that I cannot bear the thought of receiving more than She who is united with Me in love."
    From this I understood that the reason why we should make reparation on nine First Saturdays is because Jesus asked for nine Fridays for Himself from St. Margaret Alacoque. With that we will console Jesus and honor Our Lady, giving ourselves to Her, and thus through Her Immaculate Heart we will arrive at Jesus.

Let us console the Heart of Jesus through the Immaculate Heart of Mary!
    My Immaculate Mother, the Victorious Queen of the World, show us your power!

2. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

image.jpg

3. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

Thank you Lynnfiat and Beth B for keeping this beautiful twin devotion alive for all of us.

October will be my 5th Month by the Grace of God to attend to First Saturday and First Friday.

Let us console the best we can the Immaculate, Grace filled, Wounded heart of our sweet Heavenly Mama.

Let us console the Sacred, Adorable, Wounded Heart of our sweet Heavenly Saviour Jesus.

Holy Mary mother of God, pray for us sinners,
    Spread the effect of Grace of your Flame of Love over all humanity,
    Now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Oh Jesus, I surrender myself to You, take care of everything.
    May Your Will be done on earth as it is in Heaven.

4. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Amen Julia+++

Julia likes this.
  5. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

Just a reminder that today is First Friday and tomorrow is First Saturday.

Please everyone get theses devotions done while we are still blessed to have the time and ability to do them.

It is 2017. If you haven't done them there is no better time than the 100th anniversary year of Fatima :)

If you have done them, then there is no better time to repeat them :)

Jeanne, Carol55, djmoforegon and 5 others like this.
  6. lynnfiat

[​IMG]
    The Promise of the Five First Saturdays
    ". . . I promise to assist at the moment of death,
    with all the graces necessary for salvation, all those who,
    on the First Saturday of five consecutive months shall confess,
    receive Holy Communion, recite five decades of the Rosary,
    and keep Me company for fifteen minutes while meditating
    on the fifteen mysteries of the Rosary,
    with the intention of making reparation to Me."

Our Lady of Fatima to Sister Lucy 12/10/25

PRAYER

O God of infinite goodness and mercy, fill our hearts with a great
    confidence in Our Most Holy Mother, whom we invoke under the title
    of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, and grant us by Her most powerful
    intercession, all the graces, spiritual and temporal, which we need.
    We ask this through Christ Our Lord. Amen.
    IMPRIMATUR: +Francis Cardinal Spellman Archbishop of New York
    February 21, 1961

Carol55, djmoforegon, Mac and 2 others like this.
  7. josephite

josephite Powers

WHY FIVE SATURDAYS?

Our Blessed Lord answered that question when He appeared to Sr. Lucia May 29, 1930.

Jesus told Lucia it is to make reparation for the five offenses and blasphemies against the Immaculate Heart of Mary!

1) Blasphemies against her Immaculate Conception.
    2) Blasphemies against her perpetual virginity,.
    3) Blasphemies against the divine and spiritual maternity of Mary.
    4) Blasphemies involving the rejection and dishonoring of her images.
    5) Blasphemies and the neglect of implanting in the hearts of children a knowledge and love of this Immaculate Mother.

Praetorian, lynnfiat, Sanctus and 4 others like this.
  8. djmoforegon

djmoforegon Archangels

I love the stories, some Jesus gave in private revelations and others from the holy souls in Purgatory appearing to living souls, that because a person had practiced these devotions at least once in their lifetime, their souls were saved from eternal damnation. Such powerful gifts from God!

9. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

So True!
    Bruno Cornacchio of the "Our Lady Of Revelation" Apparitions was one such person.

djmoforegon likes this.
  10. lynnfiat

In 2010, Pope Benedict XVI visited Fatima and reminded everyone that the message Our Lady’s messages to the little shepherds are more than ever relevant today. The pontiff said: “We would be mistaken to think that Fatima’s prophetic mission is complete. […] At a time when the human family was ready to sacrifice all that was most sacred on the altar of the petty and selfish interests of nations, races, ideologies, groups and individuals, our Blessed Mother came from heaven, offering to implant in the hearts of all those who trust in her the Love of God burning in her own heart.” By inspiring a fervent devotion to daily prayer and love of God, Our Lady’s call is ever new and ever relevant even in our own time.

Praetorian and djmoforegon like this.
  11. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

In his homily he closed with the line:
    "May the seven years which separate us from the centenary of the apparitions hasten the fulfilment of the prophecy of the triumph of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, to the glory of the Most Holy Trinity."
    -Pope Benedict XVI

12. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

Not sure why some publications have changed his words, but the actual quote starts like this....

"HE DECEIVES HIMSELF who thinks that the prophetic mission of Fatima is concluded."

13. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

I know it's a little early but I thought I would get this thread going. Sometimes we leave it until very close to Friday/Saturday and maybe people don't have enough time to plan.

So it's that time again everyone. It's First Friday and First Saturday this weekend.
    Please do them if you haven't and if you have then repeat them to console Our Lord and Our Lady and to make reparation for our sins.

Rough times are ahead and we don't know how much time we have left to do them.

These are great gifts!

They could save your soul!

It's 2017!!!

Come on people! (y)(y)(y)

Mac, CathyG, Tanker and 4 others like this.
  14. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Thank you!!! Grateful for the reminder! You are right.....it's a gift!

Praetorian likes this.
  15. AED

AED Powers

I'll be able to do this month's first Friday and first Saturday but I'm afraid April is a wash. (and you might know it's the 5th Saturday)I will be flying home from Japan. No matter how I configure, I just won't be able to do it. Might be able to do First Friday but doubtful I can find a church. I will try. I'm glad I've got them both completed in the past. It is soooo hard to follow through even in normal times, but when you're transpacific traveling it gets really hard.(n) It's probably not too soon to ask everyone to keep me in their prayers that I get safely there and safely back. We will be gone a month. I am a little nervous to be traveling right now but we have a new grandson to meet so I guess wild horses won't keep me away. Someone ends their posts here with "Safe in the Heart of Mary Immaculate" so I think that's what I'm going to be counting on--safe in Her Heart. And many thanks for any prayers that you can send up for me.

SgCatholic, CathyG, Tanker and 4 others like this.
  16. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Awwww.....lucky you! Enjoy your trip and new grand baby. Maybe you can get to the next Saturday mass and ask Our Lady to honor your efforts...she knows your heart and good intention....especially as a grandmother for she loves her children and has a heart that understands.

Praetorian and heyshepard like this.
  17. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

Noooooooooooooooooo :(
    Oh I'm so sorry AED. :(
    The same thing happened to me the first time I attempted the First Saturdays. I couldn't do the last one. It actually worked out well for me though.

Let this be a warning to all those out there who are thinking they will do them later. It is not as easy as it seems. Things often go wrong and keep people from completing them. Better to do them now and not have to worry than leave them for later.

If anyone out there is a parent please have your children do them with you too!

Jeanne and Dolours like this.
  18. Tanker

Tanker Principalities

I always run into little snags. It is almost comical at the attempts every month to circumvent me from going. :p

I will keep you and your family in my prayers AED.

Praetorian likes this.
  19. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

You can do it. Dont give up. You can say you Rosary and do the meditation on the day.Even at the airport. The Confession can be made 8days before or after.The communion can be made at the next Mass[with permission from a priest.]

Jeanne, Dolours and Praetorian like this.
  20. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

Thanks Mac, I forgot about that!
    AED, Mac is right, there is a provision for doing it on Sunday if you cannot on Saturday.
    You just need to ask a priests permission.

Dolours likes this.