First Five Saturdays

Discussion in 'Mother of God' started by SteveD, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Mac

Mac Guest

Very sad question, yet some still maintain the Church is not in crisis.

2. Andy3

Andy3 Powers

I finished my 9 first Fridays yesterday and it was so wonderful. I honestly can't see this trend stopping. I really want to accomplish the Saturday devotion but it is quite the challenge with young kids and their busy weekend schedules.

3. Adoremus

Adoremus Powers

First Friday and First Saturday approaching...

I just checked my calendar and this Friday will be my 9th First Friday!

lynnfiat and Ecclesiasticus 2 like this.
  4. Magdalen

Magdalen Ave Maria!

Way to go, Adoremus! Completing the 9 First Fridays made a huge difference in my spiritual life. And I have continued them ever since from back in the 90s.

lynnfiat and Ecclesiasticus 2 like this.
  5. Mario

Mario Powers

Alleluia!

Safe in the Refuge of the Immaculate Heart!

lynnfiat likes this.
  6. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

7. Mac

'To Whoever embraces this devotion ,I promise eternal salvation.' Our Lady of Fatima.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
    lynnfiat likes this.
  8. Mac

[​IMG]

lynnfiat likes this.
  9. Mac

WHY FIVE SATURDAYS?
    It is sometimes asked why Our Lady asked for Communions of reparation on five first Saturdays, instead of some other number. Our Blessed Lord answered that question when He appeared to Sr. Lucia May 29, 1930. He explained that it was because of five kinds of offenses and blasphemies against the Immaculate Heart of Mary, namely: blasphemies against her Immaculate Conception, against her perpetual virginity, against the divine and spiritual maternity of Mary, blasphemies involving the rejection and dishonoring of her images, and the neglect of implanting in the hearts of children a knowledge and love of this Immaculate Mother.

lynnfiat and Bartimaeus like this.
  10. I like this First 5 Saturdays devotion very much and I do it almost without any interruptions. Fortunately we have masses on Saturdays, in the morning and in the evening. Those little shepherds speaks to my heart deeply and I feel so sorry for sister Lucy, who had to suffer much for this devotion, because people were indifferent to it. At least I think they were and many still are. Let's console the Immaculate Heart of Mary and make reparations for the sins committed to Her Immaculate Heart. Jesus also asked this.

lynnfiat likes this.