1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Filial Correction of Pope Francis for multiple heresies

Discussion in 'Church Critique' started by BrianK, Sep 24, 2017.

1. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

A wishfully-thinking deacon. Hopefully, he'll soon come to realise where wisdom begins.

Carol55 likes this.
  2. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

I am sorry, but no you are wrong Anthony.
    In the past when there have been 2 Popes ( or more) and people took sides it was because the men vying for the Papacy both insisted they were the true Pope and the other was not. That is not the case today. The Church is not split as to who the Pope is. Only you are.

If Benedict said Pope Francis is not Pope then you would have a point, but Benedict says that Pope Francis is Pope so you do not have any right to go off on your own and renounce his Papacy.

3. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

I'm glad things are improving :)

I'm not sure what you want me to address about Juda, but I will if you let me know.

Carol55 likes this.
  4. Dean

Dean Archangels

I can’t believe you think that little of Benedict that you think he can be scared. He’s a champion of truth and the Church and would easily lay his life down as a martyr than to let something evil take it Over.

5. Ed Kleese

Ed Kleese Servant

BoooooM. Thank you Aviso. You lit the final fuse to blow AT's cover. Pride and Lies can only maintain a facade for so long.

Peace Aviso,
    Ed

josephite, Mary's child and Don_D like this.
  6. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Pertaining to the topic of this thread which isn't about who is the valid Pope but is about the filial correction of Pope Francis: http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/com...nderstood-the-point-of-the-filial-correction/

Evelyn Waugh would have understood the point of the filial correction

It's bad manners to discuss the terrible effects of sin. Waugh, like the authors of the correction, broke the taboo

If nothing else, the authors of the “filial correction” are guilty of bad etiquette. They’ve breached 21st-century Catholicism’s trinity of taboos: authority, heresy, and sin. Their reverence for the Holy Father is matched only by an apparent belief that doctrinal error has real implications for the fate of our immortal souls. It’s all rather unpleasantly medieval.

Yet these themes also play a major part in 20th-century English literature. Lady Julia Flyte in Brideshead Revisited spoke so movingly to her lover Charles Ryder about the gravity of adultery, in one of literature’s greatest break-up scenes:

Living in sin, with sin, by sin, for sin, every hour, every day, year in, year out. Waking up with sin in the morning, seeing the curtains drawn on sin, bathing it, dressing it, clipping diamonds to it, feeding it, showing it round, giving it a good time, putting it to sleep at night with a tablet of Dial if it’s fretful. Always the same, like an idiot child carefully nursed, guarded from the world. “Poor Julia,” they say, “she can’t go out. She’s got to take care of her little sin. A pity it ever lived,” they say, “but it’s so strong. Children like that always are. Julia’s so good to her little, mad sin.”

Our ancestors knew what we’ve long forgotten: sin isn’t an intellectual shuttlecock – something to bat around in the pages of magazines and university debate clubs. It can’t be rationalised or explained away.

Why? Because we don’t have to wait till Judgement Day to face the consequences of our sins. They infect our souls like a virus, and eat away at our moral courage like termites. The more we sin, the more likely we are to keep sinning.

That’s why Jesus Christ – the great physician, the carpenter’s son – gave us Holy Mother Church. She heals our souls through Reconciliation, and braces our resolve with the Eucharist. Sin is fast-acting, but so is grace. And the sacraments are its vehicles.

But to misuse the sacraments is worse than to not use them at all. St. Paul warns us that “he that eats and drinks unworthily, eats and drinks judgment to himself.” It’s the Church’s job to form our conscience, to teach us right from wrong.

And that’s the danger inherent in Amoris Laetitia. If the Church tells the laity that adultery might not always be that serious a sin, they won’t confess it. They certainly won’t amend their lives. If the Church then welcomes them to the altar-rail, she’s inviting them to eat and drink their own damnation.

God may forgive the faithful if they’re misled by their priests and prelates. But that stain on their souls won’t go away, as Julia Flyte reminds us. Adultery doesn’t stop being a sin just because we “draw the curtains on it.” Our conscience won’t grow stronger if we “put it to sleep with a tablet of Dial when it’s fretful.”

Sin has consequences. Waugh knew that. So do the authors of the filial correction. The question is, does the Pope?

AED, Mary's child, picadillo and 5 others like this.
  7. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

What?!?

This smacks of pure Protestantism.
    You are totally lost my friend.

It actually sounds like you should be very comfortable with the new teachings the Modernists are attempting to install in the Church. Individual experience trumps the Eternal Truths taught by the One Holy Catholic And Apostolic Church instituted by Our Lord.
    You are simply unbelievable. I have been on this forum for years and have never seen someone beat a dead horse as much as you do. Every single post you put up is about your Benedict theory, which is an error and leading faithful astray. Give it a rest.

josephite, sunburst, AED and 3 others like this.
  8. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

No normal rules are excepted. You are simply deluded and making up your own rules.

Mary's child likes this.
  9. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

My apologies if I took your meaning wrong in the first part of my post. I actually posted that by accident. It is something I wrote yesterday, but decided not to post as I thought it was uncharitable. Unfortunately the website keeps what you wrote previously and does not erase it if you do not post. I simply forgot it was there when I wrote my response to you today and did not have time to edit my post as you responded immediately. My apologies again.

Mary's child and AED like this.
  10. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

Concluding that Benedict is still Pope is in effect a refusal of submission to the reigning pontiff and therefore is schismatic. That is the danger in your position. No Catholic has any authority to unilaterally dismiss a reigning Pope.

I accept that you end your post by saying that you do not wish to discuss this matter any further with me, which I am happy to oblige, but if you continue to post about it I feel it is my duty to respond. Of course I would much rather end the discussion.

Dean likes this.
  11. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

To answer your various points:

Benedict is not Pope. Pope Francis is. All of the Cardinals, Bishops, the laity and even Benedict acknowledge that.

There is no such thing as a sub-pope, which I am sure you are aware.

I have not sought to refute your points because there is no need. Pope Francis is Pope and cannot be removed by any argument the laity can make. It doesn't matter if you had ten times the amount of "facts" that you have. It all comes down to authority. The laity do not have the authority to decide this.

Yes I have laid down a sweeping condemnation of your theory because it is error and error has no right to be heard. If a Protestant came on the forum claiming that the Pope has no authority I would have no obligation to enter into dialogue with him about it. He would simply be in error.

Regarding your comment about rational critical analysis; in this case we are not allowed to think things through Anthony. We can be curious. We can wonder. But we are not allowed to make a final decision that says Pope Francis is not Pope. That is schismatic and the Church defines schism as a canonical crime punishable by automatic excommunication.

So this is more than just a difference of opinion. We could discuss whether the Consecration of Russia was properly done or not and either position may be true. In this care however one of us is in error. Either me and the rest of the world is for accepting the Pope that the Church accepts as Pope or you are for rejecting him and picking someone else as Pope.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  12. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

Mac and BrianK like this.
  13. Dolours

Dolours Powers

14. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

Dolours, I am not certain but there is the following comment from Fr. RP, "I want to encourage all 1P5 readers to sign up for this conference and don't worry if you can't be present for all of the presentations, watch and listen to the ones you can and encourage others to do the same. Are goal should be to crash the internet with so many registrants watching that lag and down time are the norm." I have not registered yet but when I do if I can share more information with you I will or maybe someone else who registers will.

I may as well post the text from the article:

Free Online Conference Will Expose Population Control Enthusiasts Operating Within the Church
    Michael Hichborn October 10, 2017
    https://onepeterfive.com/free-onlin...trol-enthusiasts-operating-within-the-church/

Catholic experts from around the world are preparing to deliver a major blow to the population control enthusiasts who’ve found their way into prominent posts in the Vatican. From October 17-19, Bishop Athanasius Schneider, Fr. Shenan Boquet, Steven Mosher, Riccardo Cascioli, Ettore Tedeschi, John Henry Westen and many others will be joined by thousands of participants in this first-of-its-kind, online event. Registration for the event is completely free at www.populationconference.com

For several years now, faithful Catholics have become increasingly concerned about the growing presence of population control enthusiasts being given positions of prominence at Vatican events. For instance, in May of 2014, just months after
    Pope Francis announced his intention to publish an encyclical on “human ecology,” the UNFPA (the United Nations Population Fund) reported that Pope Francis “committed the Catholic Church to support the SDG [Sustainable Development Goal] efforts.”

The Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations is nothing short of a population control program,
    thinly disguised as a poverty-reduction program. Goal Three of the Sustainable Development Goals claims to seek “Ensuring healthy lives and promoting well-being for all at all ages.” However, one of the objectives listed for achieving this goal is, “By 2030, ensure universal access to sexual and reproductive health-care services, including for family planning, infonnation (sic) and education, and the integration of reproductive health into national strategies and programmes.”

Goal five is even worse. The stated goal is to “achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls,” and the last listed objective under this goal is to “ensure universal access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights as agreed in accordance with the Programme of Action of the International Conference on Population and Development and the Beijing Platform for Action.”

One of the main architects of the SGDs is prominent population control promoter, Jeffrey Sachs. Sachs, who has maintained a steady presence in the Vatican over the past 4 years, has written several books promoting population control, saying things like, “In countries with legal abortion services, households have a lower-risk and lower-cost option.” Sachs even claimed that “Legalization of abortion reduces a country’s [total fertility rate] significantly … and also reduces maternal mortality.” In fact, prior to the creation of the Sustainable Development Goals,
    Sachs was the head of the Millennium Project, where he was responsible for the publication of a document titled, “Access to Safe Abortion: An Essential Strategy for Achieving the Millennium Development Goals to Improve Maternal Health, Promote Gender Equality, and Reduce Poverty.”

Jeffrey Sachs and his anti-population and grossly anti-Catholic agenda will be discussed on Day 2 (October 18) of the
    International Conference on Population Control by Riccardo Cascioli, Director, La Nuova Bussola Quotidiana.

Of course, one can’t mention Jeffrey Sachs without also discussing his primary financier, George Soros. A
    2007 article by Vanity Fair explains:

One of Sachs’s biggest supporters is the financier and philanthropist George Soros, who recently donated $50 million to the Millennium Villages Project. (The project is a partnership among the U.N., Columbia, and Sachs’s own nonprofit organization, Millennium Promise.) According to Soros, whose foundation gives away between $350 million and $400 million a year, investing in Sachs offered an attractive “risk-reward ratio.” “Even though it’s a large amount of money, $50 million, I thought there was really little downside,” Soros told me. “As a humanitarian action, it was a good investment on its own But if it succeeded, then of course you would get a reward that would be way out of proportion to the investment made.”

Soros’ connections to many other prominent figures who have moved their sphere of influence into the Vatican’s outer walls will be discussed, also on
    Day 2 of the conference by child advocacy attorney, Elizabeth Yore.

Other topics for the conference include the following:

• “The Shake-Up and Breakdown of the Pontifical Academy for Life” by Judie Brown, president of American Life League
    • “Environmentalism and Climate Change as an Avenue for Population Control” by Steven Mosher, president of Population Research Institute
    • “Changing the Catholic Climate at the Pontifical Academy for Science” by Ettore Gotti Tedeschi, former president of the Vatican Bank
    • “Population Control in Africa and Asia: Blueprints for the World” by Fr. Shenan Boquet & Brian Clowes, of Human Life International
    • “Foreign Aid as the Engine Behind Population Control – USAID, Gates Foundation, and International Catholic Aid Corruption” by Michael Hichborn, president of the Lepanto Institute
    • “United Nations and Its Agencies of Population Control: UNFPA, UNDP, UNDG, and Development of Policy” by Dr. Philip Njemanze, Medical Doctor, Clinician and Researcher
    • “Population Control in South America” by Raymond de Souza, president of Sacred Heart Institute
    • “Tracing the Teaching of JPII and Francis on Population Control” by John Henry Westen, Editor in Chief of LifeSiteNews.Com
    • “What Is Population Control, Who Are Its Proponents, and How Does It Hide in Lofty-Sounding Programs?” by Brian Clowes, Director of Research at Human Life International
    • “Christian Life and Martyrdom” by Bishop Athanasius Schneider
    The conference is broadcast online, so anyone with an internet connection can participate, and most importantly, it’s free to attend. This is an event you don’t want to miss. Be sure to register your spot at www.PopulationConference.com.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    sunburst, gracia, Don_D and 1 other person like this.
  15. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Thanks Carol. I intend signing up for it. That Jeffrey Sachs gives me the creeps. If I'm not mistaken he had an input to Laudate Si. Most of what's coming out of the Vatican these days might as well be coming direct from Masonic HQ.

Incidentally, note that the Conference is on October 17-19. That the article in 1peter5 is dated October 10 and appears beside the author's name could be misleading to anyone who doesn't have the time to read through all of it.

16. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

Here is more information from the Population Conference's website:

URGENT ONLINE EVENT ● OCTOBER 17—19, 2017
    INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON POPULATION CONTROL
    Discover how radical enemies of life are pushing their global agenda to end poverty by eliminating the poor ... and how they're using the Vatican to achieve their goals!

REGISTER TO ATTEND FOR FREE

A CLARION CALL FOR CATHOLICS
    Sound the alarm! The Catholic Church is under unprecedented attack. Radical advocates of population control — including abortion proponents — are seeking a beachhead inside the Church under the guise of poverty reduction and environmental protection. They've secretly worked their way inside the Vatican and are now actively working to undermine and subvert the Church and her teachings ... from within.

Never, in the 2,000+ year history of Catholicism, have anti-life forces gained such a dangerously high level of access and influence.

To learn the latest breaking news, and to help combat this crisis, you are invited to attend a one-time-only LIVE online event being held from October 17—19 : The International Conference on Population Control. During 12 action-packed sessions, delivered by Catholic experts, you will discover:
    • The identities of the population control extremists funding and leading the subversion of the Church
    • How population reduction — including abortion, forced sterilization, and condom distribution — is being covertly disguised as poverty reduction
    • The devastating implications this subversion will have for humanity, if not stopped
    • How YOU can help protect the Catholic Church from these internal attacks

DYNAMIC CATHOLIC SPEAKERS
    We've hand-picked some of the top Catholic experts in the world with extensive knowledge on the population control crisis within the Church. Each of these speakers agreed to speak during this online event because of the urgency of this situation — and to empower you, and faithful Catholics around the world, to make a difference at this crucial time.

BP. ATHANASIUS SCHNEIDER
    Auxiliary Bishop of Astana, Kazakhstan
    MICHAEL HICHBORN
    President, The Lepanto Institute
    JUDIE BROWN
    President, American Life League
    STEVEN W. MOSHER
    President, Population Research Institute
    LIZ YORE
    Child Advocacy Attorney
    JOHN-HENRY WESTEN
    Editor-In-Chief, LifeSiteNews.com
    BRIAN CLOWES, PH.D.
    Director of Research, Human Life International
    FR. SHENAN BOQUET
    President, Human Life International
    RICCARDO CASCIOLI
    Director, La Nuova Bussola Quotidiana
    ETTORE GOTTI TEDESCHI
    Italian Economist, Ex-President of Vatican Bank
    RAYMOND DE SOUZA
    President, Sacred Heart Institute (United States)
    PHILIP CHIDI NJEMANZE, MD
    Medical Doctor, Clinician, Researcher
    MIKE CHURCH
    Radio Show Host, Conference Emcee

ONLINE CONFERENCE SCHEDULE
    By registering to attend for FREE, you can join any (or all) of the sessions LIVEwhere you can submit questions for the expert presenters — plus you'll have access to replays of each session for 72 hours after the conference, so you can attend them around your schedule.

1: TUESDAY, OCTOBER 17
    9:00 AM Pacific / 12:00 PM Eastern / 5:00 PM London

"What Is Population Control, Who Are Its Proponents, and How Does It Hide in Lofty-Sounding Programs?"

—Dr. Brian Clowes

10:00 AM Pacific / 1:00 PM Eastern / 6:00 PM London

"Environmentalism and Climate Change as an Avenue for Population Control"

—Steven W. Mosher

11:00 AM Pacific / 2:00 PM Eastern / 7:00 PM London

"The Shake-Up and Breakdown of the Pontifical Academy for Life"

—Judie Brown

12:00 PM Pacific / 3:00 PM Eastern / 8:00 PM London

"Foreign Aid as the Engine Behind Population Control – USAID, Gates Foundation, and International Catholic Aid Corruption"

—Michael Hichborn

2: WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 18

"Jeffrey Sachs, the Man Behind the Hidden Drive for Population Control, Masked as Poverty Reduction"

—Riccardo Cascioli

"George Soros, the Money-Puppeteer Orchestrating the Population Control Agenda"

—Liz Yore

"Population Control in Africa and Asia: Blueprints for the World"

—Fr. Shenan Boquet & Brian Clowes

"Population Control in South America"

—Raymond de Souza

3: THURSDAY, OCTOBER 19

"United Nations and Its Agencies of Population Control: UNFPA, UNDP, UNDG, and Development of Policy"

—Philip Chidi Njemanze, MD

"Changing the Catholic Climate at the Pontifical Academy for Science"

—Ettore Gotti Tedeschi

"Tracing the Teaching of JPII and Francis on Population Control"

—John-Henry Westen

"Christian Life and Martyrdom"

—Bishop Athanasius Schneider

WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND

• GET THE LATEST BREAKING NEWS: The Catholic Church is in moment of crisis. By joining this online event, you'll discover the identities of the radical extremists bankrolling and leading the effort to undermine and redefine Church teaching, how deeply population control advocates have penetrated the Vatican, and the devastating implications of this onslaught to poor families around the world.
    • YOUR ONLINE TICKET IS FREE: Although most Catholic conferences cost money to attend (not to mention the cost of travel and lodging), we're giving you a free ticket because of the urgency of the crisis and to get this crucial information out to the widest possible audience ... but you must claim your spot NOW because presentations will only be available for free during the live online conference, October 17—19, and for 72 hours after it concludes.
    • JOIN FROM YOUR HOME, CHURCH, OR OFFICE: You don't have to travel to attend — all conference sessions are being conducted online, and can be easily accesed from any Internet-connected computer, tablet, or smartphone. You can join any (or all) of the live sessions as they happen, or catch the replays for 72 hours following the conference.
    • ACCESS TO LEADING CATHOLIC EXPERTS: By registering and attending this conference, you can participate in exclusive presentations where these top Catholic influencers expose the depth of the population control scandal in the Church and take you behind the closed doors of the Vatican to understand everything that's at stake.
    • MAKE A POWERFUL DIFFERENCE: You'll walk away from this conference equipped and empowered to help protect our beloved Catholic Church at this crucial moment in history.

WARNING: Don't wait to register! The announcement about this online conference is being sent to hundreds of thousands of people, and there are limited spaces available ... so register NOW, before all the spots fill up!

CLAIM YOUR SPOT NOW
    Attend this one-time-only LIVE online conference to help protect the Catholic Church from those working to undermine and destroy her from within

Don_D and Dolours like this.
  17. picadillo

picadillo Powers

AED likes this.
  18. Don_D

Don_D Powers

I signed up and gave a donation so that I can hopefully listen to these speakers via mp3. Thank you for posting this, I have some friends who are convinced that the population control myth is gospel. I hope to be able to find some arguments in these presentations with which I can "open a dialog" that they may come to the truth.

I pray for charity because I have a tendency to get a little intense with people face to face.

Patty, Mac, sunburst and 2 others like this.
  19. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Me too, Don.

HeavenlyHosts, Mac and Don_D like this.
  20. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

Me too.Except for the donation part.[Im 100%Dutch blood]

Don_D and Patty like this.