False Prophets

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by Sanctus, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

Heede...Our Lady said to the children:
    The world will have to drink the dregs of the chalice of divine wrath for their innumerable sins through which they have wounded the sacred heart of Jesus (Then she admonished them). Pray…pray much, especially for the conversion of sinners”

Our Lord said to the children:
    “Humanity has not heeded my Blessed Mother who appeared at Fatima, to exhort everyone to penitence. Now I have come, in this last hour (100 years?) to admonish the world. The times are grave. Men should do penance for their sins…I am near. The earth will tremble and will suffer. It will be terrific. A minor judgement. For those who are not in a state of grace it will be frightful. The angels of my justice are now scattered across the world. Men do not listen to my calls. They close their ears, resist my graces and refuse my mercy, my love and my merits. They will agonize in the blindness of their faults. Hatred and greed fills the hearts of men. All this is the work of Satan. The world sleeps in a dense darkness…. This generation deserves to be annihilated but I desire to show myself as merciful. Great and terrible things are being prepared. That which is about to happen will be terrible, like nothing ever since the beginning of the world….”

“All those who have suffered in those last times are my martyrs and they prepare the newly converted of my church. That which will shortly happen, will greatly surpass everything that has ever happened until now. The Mother of God and the angels will intervene. Hell will believe that victory is theirs, but I will seize it from them. Many blaspheme Me and, because of this, I shall allow all kinds of misfortunes to rain upon the earth for, through this, many will be saved. Blessed are those who suffer everything in reparation for those who offend me. My beloved children the hour is near. Pray incessantly and you will not be confounded. I unite My elect. They will come together, at the same time, from all parts of the world and they will glorify Me.I come. Blessed are those who will be prepared. Blessed are those who hear me…”http://www.miraclehunter.com/marian_apparitions/approved_apparitions/heede/index.html

The level of approval is not high. But is still something.

Jeanne, josephite and Julia like this.
  2. Pray4peace

Pray4peace Ave Maria

"Men should do penance for their sins…I am near." (Heede)

This line made me start thinking.

What are some examples of penance? Prayer? Fasting? Self denial? Offering up an illness?

I'd be interested in hearing the self imposed penances that the good folks on the forum implement.

I'm sure that I don't perform enough penance. Not in proportion to my sinfulness.

I do try to pick up a piece of trash or two when I'm walking into a store or other such place and then say to myself "For the love of you dear Jesus and in atonement for my sins" as I throw it away. Does that count as penance???

fallen saint, Sam, sterph and 3 others like this.
  3. Pray4peace

Pray4peace Ave Maria

Maybe I should've put that question in a separate thread.

4. josephite

josephite Powers

I try to offer up my daily sufferings as a penance, they come in all shapes and sizes.
    The Lord is wonderful in supplying these penances for me.
    I, on the other hand, am not wonderful in accepting the penances.

Sometimes I think I'm doing well. Then the Lord goes 'look at this my child' and hey presto I'm shown some horrible area of my life where I have failed to love and find it extremely difficult to love, it would be so good if God allowed me to just love those that love me.

I am always in need of confession and and an act of contrition.

I am lazy, prideful and unloving and whats more I can't help myself and I moan and complain to boot!

But thank God He has mercy on so small and dispicable a creature and He constantly gives abundantly of so much good.

I do not deserve any of the good things that happen to me.
    And sometimes I'm so blind that I can't see the good things Hes given.

I am not exaggerating, I trully am wretched without Him.

At the moment I am trusting in His Divine Mercy to give me the grace to Love a person that has really hurt me.

So what I am saying is I do nothing special, besides the occasional fast and I pray the rosary and other prayers daily but praying and fasting is for me not so much for God as I feel better after I pray so its a selfish thing for me because I couldn't survive without it.

I try to make all the impositions on my time and on my energy a joy for God! I think thats the key to penance.

Last edited: May 2, 2016
    Pray4peace, sterph, Domenica and 3 others like this.
  5. josephite

josephite Powers

Happy Birthday Pray4peace and many happy returns of the day!
    It just caught my eye then.
    May God continue to Bless You.

Pray4peace likes this.
  6. Josephite and the folks above said a mouthful. I did not go to Catholic school, but I remember hearing one time that a student would go to the nun teacher and ask to be excused for a drink of water. The request was denied, He was told to offer it up for the Souls in Purgatory. This is truly old-fashioned and that is why I love it. Sometimes during my day I think of that small act and try to duplicate it. My whole day is a smorgasbord of opportunities to quit beefin' and offer up the trial of the moment. Waiting in line, aches and pains, interruptions, people that hurt us, delays, etc etc. So I say we are on the right track here, folks. It is also the spirit of penance that we must ask for. We cannot get this on our own. I think Our Lady has to give it to us.
    Bring them to the Good Lord and lay them all out at His feet. He is known to multiply loaves and fishes.

7. Yes, picking up trash counts as penance! Good penance!

8. djmoforegon

djmoforegon Powers

I remember going to a very old Dominican priest because I valued his spiritual advice. He was devoted to the propagation of the rosary and to Our Blessed Mother. I was interested in taking a pilgrimage to Betania to see Maria Esperanza and pray in her grotto there. So I gave Father Duffner the material I had on Betania and asked him if he found anything contrary to church doctrine in it. After a week or so, he gave me back my info and verified that it contained no errors. I asked him if he thought it would be spiritually enriching and I'll never forget his answer. He said, "I have Fatima-I need nothing more".

I ended up not going but I have a deep love and affection for M Esperanza. We eventually met her when she came to the states for a Marian conference.

But I have to admit loving Garabandal, La Sallette, Akita (which my husband visited when he was in Japan on business), Lourdes (my favorite), and many more. I drink up Our Mother's words.

But are these necessary for salvation? No. But I see these as gifts to the world and I'm a grace hog!

josephite and Harper like this.
  9. Andy3

Andy3 Powers

I sit in over an hour of morning rush hour commute. It drives me INSANE!!! There is some penance for you. Instead of cussing out the rude driver that didn't wait in the long line like all of us but comes right up on you and puts their turn signal on while in the median and then points and waves at you like, "hey can I get in front of you?", I just smile and wave him in though if I was able to shoot laser beams out of my eyes, they may get those instead.

10. Pray4peace

Pray4peace Ave Maria

[/QUOTE]
    I've been picking up trash here and there for probably 6-7 years now. So if I get to heaven it may be on a pile of trash! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And Josephite, you try to make all the impositions on your time and energy a joy for God. That's awesome. I love it!! Those of us with little ones at home might be on the fast track to sainthood if we all did that!

fallen saint and josephite like this.
  11. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

Volunteering to do tasks you hate at work, walk with a pebble in your shoe, coffee with no cream or sugar, sleep without a pillow.

Having said all that, I mainly offer up my crosses, especially my daily job, which I hate very much and view as my primary form of penance now. So I try to not complain about it and just work very hard and be productive at all times.

12. fallen saint

fallen saint Baby steps :)

Great thread...those little things lead you, us and others to heaven. I think the trash part is very interesting. Trash thrown on ground is really a act of someone who doesn't care...for himself or for others. I am always picking up trash. Now let's not go overboard with picking up trash but every know and then it is good. Why...because it is the right thing to do. I guess it comes down to order. Being clean is part of that order. If anyone has ever noticed a saints room when he/she dies. It is always in perfect order. Trash on floor is just an extension of chaos. God is order...so we naturally follow Gods will.

Interesting thread

Brother al

Pray4peace likes this.