1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Faces of Saints

Discussion in 'The Saints' started by Blizzard, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Blizzard

Blizzard thy kingdom come

Hi everybody, don´t know if this has been done before but I thought I´d create a little thread called "Faces of Saints".

I´ve always thought we can learn a lot by just looking at hte faces of saints, especially the eyes. I think they often convey a world of meaning.

Simply pick one of your favorite saints, add a picture or a portrait and maybe say what you find particularly inspiring in it.

I don´t have to tell you who´s pictured below: what beautiful, spiritual face, what profound eyes! Eyes that saw a lot of suffering but also contemplated the Queen of Heaven! Eyes that never strayed from the ultimate goal in life: seeking God and obeying His every command.

St Bernadette Soubirous, pray for us in these uncertain times!

[​IMG]

2. My heavenly sister..St Therese

therese-as-a-child.jpg

maryrose, djmoforegon, gracia and 3 others like this.
  3. fallen saint

fallen saint Baby steps :)

image.jpeg

Saint Charbel,
    My favorite Saint...they say he is incorruptible. I believe he is a Eastern and Roman Saint. He tried to hide deep in the caves. But his holiness did not allow him to hide. The great battles with the created one. :)

Pray for us St Charbel...Patron Saint of Prayer Warriors :)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  4. Blizzard

Wow this is so inspiring and uplifting.

Especially when you are led to look a little deeper into their lives.

heyshepard and gracia like this.
  5. Sanctus

Sanctus "Jesus, I Trust In You!"

I always find this picture of Blessed Anne Catherine Emmerich inspiring when going through spiritual trials. She must have suffered tremendously in her life.
    [​IMG]

6. gracia

gracia Angels

[​IMG]

This woman is not a Saint yet, but her inner life and "littlest way" inspire me a lot!

Maria Consolata Betrone.

AED, Sanctus, sterph and 2 others like this.
  7. heyshepard

heyshepard Principalities

AED, gracia and djmoforegon like this.
  8. djmoforegon

djmoforegon Archangels

This is my beloved Sister Josefa Menendez.

I was on a pilgrimage to Lourdes with a group of retreatants and found myself so close to the Convent of Les Feuillants, Poitiers, France where Josefa served and died. I was allowed to go and explore her cell, attend Mass with her fellow Sisters, and to visit her grave site a little distance away. I still have a smile on my face when I think about her.

[​IMG]

heyshepard, Sam, AED and 2 others like this.
  9. padraig

padraig New Member

St Philomena , to whom I have built up a great devotion the last couple of months. When I pray to this young girl I picture her running to carry it out. A real wonder worker, bless her, she suffered a lot in a terrible death.

[​IMG]

10. AED

AED Powers

So glad to read this. She is my great favorite and The Way of Divine Love is second only to the Bible as my spiritual guide. So much grace came to me through this humble nun's diary.

11. djmoforegon

djmoforegon Archangels

So happy to find another devotee to Sr Josefa. I discovered her when someone left The Way of Divine Love in a pew at church and no one ever claimed the book. My husband brought it home for me and I was smitten. A priest saw my then-ragged copy on a train in Paris and told me that he knew of many priests who found their vocations after reading her diary.

heyshepard, AED and gracia like this.
  12. Blizzard

Mario, heyshepard and gracia like this.
  13. AED

AED Powers

I had to smile at your description of your book. mine is falling apart and is held together with rubber bands. I uploaded to my e-reader but find I miss my old copy underlined and noted. I will have to break down and order a new one from Tan books. I am surprised no one has taken on Sr. Josef's' Cause but she was so little and humble she probably wants to remain obscure. I do ask for her prayers.

14. AED

AED Powers

15. gracia

gracia Angels

[​IMG]

Saint Francis of Assisi, help us, and pray for us!

Blizzard likes this.