1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

English Christmas mass in Naples, Italy?

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by SgCatholic, Dec 17, 2016.

1. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Maranatha

Is there any Christmas mass in English in Naples?
    Will be there with my family and it would be nice to attend a mass said in English.

Carol55 likes this.
  2. CrewDog

CrewDog Powers

Hi SgC,
    I haven't been to Naples since I was 18 months old, Navy Dad was stationed there long ago, .... but why worry about an English Mass!? Go to one with the locals, smaller Church the better, and enjoy it with them! It will be great experience ... and you will, no doubt, be treated as honored guests!:)
    To paraphrase St Jerome: "When in Naples, do as the Neapolitans do!":LOL: Have a safe & pleasant trip and Merry Christmas!!

GOD BLESS US ...EVERYONE!!
    Bells.gif

Carol55 likes this.
  3. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

SgCatholic, Have a wonderful trip and Christmas.

PS- I visited Lourdes and I looked up on their schedule when there would be a mass said in English and I made the mistake of not realizing that it was being said in a small chapel and I went to the original basilica. I sat there and I did not understand all of what they were saying but I honestly thought it was the best mistake that I could have made. I think Crewdog has given you wonderful advice. And maybe while you are there you can investigate what happened with San Gennaro's blood not liquefying and let us know.

Byron and Dean like this.
  4. padraig

padraig New Member

5. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Maranatha

Thank you CrewDog. I know it is great to go to a mass said in the local language- in fact we just went to the evening mass at St Mark's basilica in Venice, and it was awesome.
    But for Christmas we would love to be able to understand what is being said. I think it helps me to focus on the worshipping.

Carol55 likes this.
  6. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Maranatha

Thank you Carol55, for the good wishes. To be honest, my family has attended mass in several different languages in different countries, and we've always found it marvellous that one can follow mass said anywhere in the world because the order of mass and the readings for the day are the same in any Catholic church :love:
    As for me investigating why St Gennaro's blood did not liquefy, errmm....where do I start?:p

Carol55 likes this.
  7. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Maranatha

Thanks Padraig for the link. Unfortunately I don't know any Italian and Google translate didn't help me look for Christmas mass in English :p

8. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

I hope that you find what you are looking for, maybe you can phone one the large hotels concierge? I was sort of teasing about you investigating what happened, as if we could get inside information since you are in the neighborhood. :cool:(There's No Undercover Smilie).

SgCatholic likes this.