1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by seekerofmary, Jan 12, 2018.

1. seekerofmary

seekerofmary New Member

I had a dream the other night. I kept seeing the classic picture of Jesus knocking on the door. My Grandparents had that picture in their house when I was growing up. Well in my dream I kept seeing it and I woke up and actually thought there was someone at my door! My dogs did not bark like they always do when someone is there, however. I got up and looked anyway. I had not thought about that picture in many years. I wonder what it is that the Lord is trying to tell me? Thoughts, anyone?

AED and josephite like this.
  2. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

I think dreams are so dependent upon the individual. The best interpreter of your dreams is you :)

We don't know enough about your particular situation. Just very generally I might guess it is Our Lord wanting to come into your heart more. You might ask yourself are you putting up any barriers between you and God right now? Are you keeping Him at a distance? Has something happened recently with your Grandparents?

3. lynnfiat

lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

IMG_0133.JPG Could He be asking you to open the door?

4. seekerofmary

seekerofmary New Member

I’m sorry, I know I’m new here and nobody knows me. I am just really surprised that I would dream this? I have not seen this picture in anyone’s home in a long time. My Grandparents died years ago and I don’t even know where the picture went? Anyways, I’m just an ordinary middle aged woman who lives a pretty quiet, boring life. My faith is strong, but I have been praying for help lately and maybe I’m worrying a bit too much? Thats why I started praying the Novena of Abandonment yesterday. Thank you to those who replied, I appreciate it.

AED, josephite and Praetorian like this.
  5. Welcome to the forum when I read your dream I instantly thought you should pray for your grandparents

AED and josephite like this.
  6. Fatima

Fatima Powers

My two cents: I think Jesus is trying to tell us He is Coming soon, keep your lamp lit. He will be knocking on the door of our hearts to see if anyone will let him enter as the purification intensifies.

Sanctus, Seagrace, AED and 1 other person like this.
  7. josephite

josephite Powers

Hi Seeker of Mary,
    I love your Avatar name and your Avatar picture!

I chose Josephite as my Avatar name in honour of St Joseph and also after the first and only canonised Australian saint, St Mary of the cross McKillop', who founded the Sisters of St Joseph in Australia, and who were and are affectionately known as the Josephites!

I choose Jesus knocking on the door, as my Avatar picture!.......to me it represents the great love of God, His persistence, His yearning for each one of us. Jesus is not banging on the door and He is not smashing the door down but He awaits with gentle love for the door to be opened respecting our little will.

It sort of tells me in relation to my family members who have strayed from God, to just keep persisting in Love and to aviod smashing their doors down. Maybe that is what God is saying to you too!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AED and seekerofmary like this.
  8. josephite

josephite Powers

St Joseph also knocked on doors for Jesus and Mary!

[​IMG]

upload_2018-1-12_20-0-35.jpeg

Joseph in sorrow finds the only place that was prepared to welcome the "Word Made Flesh".

[​IMG]

Maybe when Jesus comes again it will be the same way? with only the very poor in spirit to welcome him!?

Divine Mercy of Jesus I trust in You.

Save us, Saviour of the World, for by Your Cross and Resurrection you have set us free!

Maranatha!

Attached Files:

AED and seekerofmary like this.
  9. padraig

padraig New Member

One of the first things I found in my own prayer life after my conversion was waking up in the middle of the night to pray; especially as 3 am in the morning. In the history of the Church we cal this vigils. Many people of prayer experience this phenomenon. It is said to be the hour when Jesus was in greatest need at the Garden of Olives and the hour when Satan is at his most powerful.

I think it may be a call to prayer.

CrewDog, josephite and AED like this.
  10. AED

AED Powers

Yes. I believe that is true. I used to often experience that. I also think s vivid dream about someone who has died is a call to pray for them or have a Mass said.

josephite and padraig like this.
  11. AED

AED Powers

Beautifully said Josephite.

josephite likes this.
  12. AED

AED Powers

I mentioned in a response to Padraig that I believe dreams can be a call to pray for those who have died or for those still living. My first thought when I read your dream is that Jesus is with you in your current struggle--very much so. I guess I would just say "Come in Jesus. I surrender everything to you. "

josephite, padraig and seekerofmary like this.
  13. Seagrace

Seagrace Angels

Fatima's interpretation resonates strongly with me.

Sanctus and josephite like this.
  14. seekerofmary

seekerofmary New Member

I have been praying the Novena of Abandonment. I’m surrendering all my worries and troubles to God. Already I’m feeling much more at peace in my heart!! Also, I’m remembering to pray the very first thing in the morning, as soon as I get out of bed. As I let the dogs out in the backyard and start the coffee maker, I’m praying the whole time. I had got out of that habit somehow but I’m making sure to do it now.

SgCatholic, AED and CrewDog like this.