1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Drawing Back the Curtain

Discussion in 'The mystical and Paranormal' started by padraig, May 12, 2017.

1. Byron

Byron Principalities

Gorgeous!

2. padraig

padraig New Member

Yes, it was a wonderful old place for a kid like myself to run about in.:)

Anyway, while I was there there were one or two of the priests who were experiences exorcists and they started telling stories of real exorcisms they had performed. I am not so sure how wise this was, given that children were present, especially in such graphic detail. Be that as it may, I understand looking back on it I had much to much of a fascinated interest in such topics, especially for one so young and would have been better devoting myself to studying up on the lives of the saints or something more wholesome.

One of the stories of an exorcist concerned a lady, a very pious and devout Catholic, a daily mass goer who had been dedicated (unbeknown to herself ) to Satan as a child and had wound up in much later life becoming possessed partly by the Satanic demons of her dead uncle and aunt who had performed the Satanic sacrifice and (demons) and by a devil with a name that began with the letter, 'V...... ' I should explain that at the start of an exorcism the exorcist forces the devil (s0 to give his or their names as this gives the priest a handle in kicking them out.

So what happened is we had a bus trip from Ministeracres to visit the beautiful Cathedral of Christ the King in Liverpool.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. padraig

padraig New Member

So on the trip to Liverpool Cathedral I had been reading a wonderful book by CS Lewis called, 'The Screwtape Letters', which I have read several times since and can happily recommend. :) It supposes a senior devil is writing to a junior devil and giving him advise on how to tempt a soul in his charge.

[​IMG]

Byron likes this.
  4. padraig

padraig New Member

A bad idea came to me in the Cathedral , I called the devil whose name had been given me by the exorcist by name and began to insult and laugh at him for being stuck in hell. How on earth did I do such a very,very stupid and dangerous thing? Well I was 11 years old , so I suppose some allowance has to be made. But it was without doubt the most stupid and dangerous thing I have done in my entire life and believe me I have done some radically stupid and dangerous things down the years, things that would make you gasp. :D

Devils of course are full to bursting with pride and when you hit them in their pride , you hit them where their heart is. As to the actual mechanism of how the devil whom I summoned, '' V....' showed up I di not, but show up indeed he did as I will now relate.

No sooner has I finished making fun of 'V...' than I became a aware of a kind of angry listneing. A feeling of gloom of a malicious intent all around me. A kind of , 'Boy am I going to get you for that', kind of dark , gloomy , fearful atmosphere all around me. With a more and more sinking heart I knew that 'V...' had heard me and was seeking payback and was seeking payback big time.

This dark gloom got worse and worse as the afternoon and evening rolled on. I should have told someone and sought help really. But who could I tell, how could I explain what I had done? Was it all my imagination? In any event if I told someone I would have to explain how stupid I had been. Anyhow by the time I got to my bed in Ministeracres I was pretty well already in a state of utter funk, having a good idea of what was coming.. My room was in a wing of the Religious House that was usually occupied by students but at that time of year was deserted. Only myself and my brother and one other boy were there in that long corridor of rooms. My brother and the boy shared a room I was on my own.

[​IMG]

Don_D likes this.
  5. maryrose

maryrose Powers

OMG!! What happened

AED likes this.
  6. Adoremus

Adoremus Archangels

Padraig, you sure do know how to leave us on a cliffhanger! :eek:

As an aside, I thought the place you are talking about looked interesting so I took a look at the retreat schedule on their website. Unfortunately, like so many other once-orthodox Catholic places, they have opened up to the likes of Tai-Chi retreats and "Ecospirituality". The exorcists of old must be turning in their graves... :(

AED likes this.
  7. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Maranatha

Is this due to what padraig has mentioned before as 'the Irish love for telling a good story'?

Adoremus, AED and Don_D like this.
  8. Don_D

Don_D Archangels

I have read of soldiers who while serving in Iraq said that they could feel a very significant malevolent change in the air of the city on some nights while deployed there. I believe that some can indeed feel and even see the presence of evil as well as the divine.

fallen saint and AED like this.
  9. josephite

josephite Powers

Padraig,
    How did your bad idea, end?

Did V reveal himself, to you?

Or is this just an Irish cliff hanger that has no conclusion?

Please tell!

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  10. AED

AED Powers

Josephine I am with you on this. WHAT HAPPENED?????

josephite likes this.
  11. AED

AED Powers

Oops. "Josephite". My not so smart phone is at it again

josephite likes this.
  12. padraig

padraig New Member

Yes well , the nearer I got to bed time the darker and gloomier the atmosphere got and the more fearful too. You have to remember too that back then I was only about 10 or eleven years old. Looking back I should have spoken to someone, an adult, but what could I tell them? Eventually I lay ion bad and by this time I was truly petrified. This was not like me, I have never been afraid of the dark and can walk through a forest at nights without a qualm or a glance over my shoulder. But I became convinced that something was manifesting at the end of that long dark corridor and when it was ready it was going to head down for me in my room. I was so scared I could hardly move. But eventually I tumbled from bed and crawled out of my room on my stomache and wriggled along the corridor and into my brothers bed room. Him and his friend were sharing a big bed .. I think somehow they had been frightened themselves. They threw me a blanket as I lay on the floor and then they went back to sleep.

But as soon as I did so I was terrified more than ever , I became convinced that something very,very evil, 'V...' was moving down the corridor looking for me and then I became certain that it has entered my empty bedroom.:censored: At this point there was the most almighty crash from my room like an explosion almost and off course I began shouting and screaming my little head of in terror!! Honestly I have been so scared in all my life before or since. I think I was pretty well in hysterics by this point and I suppose no wonder. :D:D:D:eek:

Lights went on and priests and other adults appeared from everywhere and went to my room to investigate.

So the next day one of the priests came and asked me about my interest in the supernatural , he was very serious and he told me what had happened . He said that the big old window had been open in my bedroom if had just come loose and crashed down. That it was nothing. I was so relived but also very ,very embarrassed for causing a seen for nothing. :rolleyes: But like all kids I got over the whole thing very quickly.

But the kicker is this. About 30 years later I met a guy who as a child had been at Ministeracres with me and we somehow got talking about that night I mentioned what the priest has said about the window slamming shut somehow. He looked at me as though I was mad. He told me when they got to my bedroom it had been as though a bomb had hit it. One of the things they found was that the crucifix that had hung over my bed was found on the ground and in many pieces and the furniture , bed included was wrecked. He also told me that the priests had conducted a solemn blessing of the room with all the liturgical works the next day and that they took the whole thing very,very seriously indeed. He also told me a seminarian had committed suicide in the very same room some months previously.

When he told me that you could have knocked me over with a feather.

But I am glad the priests decided not to tell me that at the time. I could not have slept in my room on my own for years if they had told me the truth.

[​IMG]

josephite, AED, Don_D and 1 other person like this.
  13. Don_D

Don_D Archangels

WOW! Well worth the wait Padraig. Your skills of the telling these tales is wonderful.

HeavenlyHosts, josephite and AED like this.
  14. AED

AED Powers

Yes!! Wonderful.
    Reminds so much of the stories in The Mirror of Shalotte by RH Benson who also wrote Lord of the World. You are a wonderful storyteller.

josephite likes this.
  15. josephite

josephite Powers

Padraig,
    I think your wonderful guardian Angel allowed you to feel that terror so that you would move from that room at that time! and then he covered you with his wings as you crawled to your brothers room, so V was unable to see you leave your room!

You certainly gave your Guardian Angel big Jobs!

Thank you Lord for giving us our Wonderful Guardian Angels. Amen

sterph, AED, padraig and 3 others like this.
  16. padraig

padraig New Member

upload_2017-5-22_6-0-53.jpeg

Mario, AED, Denise P and 1 other person like this.
  17. padraig

padraig New Member

Monsignor Benson is , apparently Pope Francis's favourite author . This is so interesting because many of the Father's supernatural tales are kind of off the grid. I suspect that although he puts them forward as stories he actually experienced some of these events himself. I love these stories that make you think a lot about the mystical reality behind the curtain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Hugh_Benson

[​IMG]

AED and josephite like this.
  18. padraig

padraig New Member

I would like to move on to the unveiled mystical realities I have sometimes glimpsed in prayer. St John of the Cross warns over and over again that we should not get carried away with such stuff and he is right. If we let these gifts become the main subject of our Spiritual Life we would be like someone who ate desert so much that they only ate deserts and never ate the main courses. This would not be good.:D

The purpose of our life on Earth, our spiritual life is that we grown in love. Anything that assists in this, anything also that helps others grow in love is good and to be encouraged anything that fails to do so or hinders is to be avoided. It has been written that such mystical gifts are not for the person who receives them but for others who will be helped through them. There is, I think a lot of truth in this. Take Padre Pio for instance and his stigmata. Padre Pio was such a huge mystic that he drew back the mystical curtain for an entire generation. He reminded them that God is a reality. That God was not just, 'Out there' like some spaceship in outer space but that He walks among us and with St Padre Pio we could see he still walks among us.

In a real sense you could perhaps say that Padre Pio did not bear the stigmata for himself but for us all as Christ died for us all.

Padre Pio was a Victim Soul.

Romans 5:8

Christ's Sacrifice for the Ungodly
    …7It is rare indeed for anyone to die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. 8But God proves His love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 9Therefore, since we have now been justified by His blood, how much more shall we be saved from wrath through Him!…

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2017
    josephite and AED like this.
  19. padraig

padraig New Member

I think witches, New Agers and such like are very good examples of how such a Drawing Back of the Curtain can be misused and misdirected. The whole purpose of employing such magical power is the enjoyment of the power itself. It is power for powers sake , based on selfishness and pride, the very opposite of Padre Pio. Padre Pio employed such Gifts as being able to read souls and the Discernment of Spirits to help others, the poor Penitents. Those who employ the occult to help themselves.

The true person of prayer is led by the Spirit in all humility. The witch, on the other hand, in praide attempots to lead the spirits.

Simon Magus, the sorcerer, in scripture is a good example of this:

Acts 8:9-24

Simon the Sorcerer

9 Now for some time a man named Simon had practiced sorcery in the city and amazed all the people of Samaria. He boasted that he was someone great, 10 and all the people, both high and low, gave him their attention and exclaimed, “This man is rightly called the Great Power of God.” 11 They followed him because he had amazed them for a long time with his sorcery. 12 But when they believed Philip as he proclaimed the good news of the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women. 13 Simon himself believed and was baptized. And he followed Philip everywhere, astonished by the great signs and miracles he saw.

14 When the apostles in Jerusalem heard that Samaria had accepted the word of God, they sent Peter and John to Samaria. 15 When they arrived, they prayed for the new believers there that they might receive the Holy Spirit, 16 because the Holy Spirit had not yet come on any of them; they had simply been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 17 Then Peter and John placed their hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.

18 When Simon saw that the Spirit was given at the laying on of the apostles’ hands, he offered them money 19 and said, “Give me also this ability so that everyone on whom I lay my hands may receive the Holy Spirit.”

20 Peter answered: “May your money perish with you, because you thought you could buy the gift of God with money! 21 You have no part or share in this ministry, because your heart is not right before God. 22 Repent of this wickedness and pray to the Lord in the hope that he may forgive you for having such a thought in your heart. 23 For I see that you are full of bitterness and captive to sin.”

24 Then Simon answered, “Pray to the Lord for me so that nothing you have said may happen to me.”

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2017
    Don_D, josephite and AED like this.
  20. AED

AED Powers

I
    I am a great fan of Monseigneur Benson. I too believe he drew on his own experiences. His novels are extremely interesting as well. It is curious that PF likes Lord of the World. It seems counter intuitive to his positions on so many things. I like M. Benson' s other novels as much if not better. The best one I think is The Necromancers. Very chilling but a wonderful heroine.