1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Don't hate me, just questioning

Discussion in 'Marian Apparitions' started by Dean, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Dean

Dean Archangels

But I don't. Im not sure. I believe in the test it. And that is all I am doing. I am still unsure as I am sure many are.

Carol55 likes this.
  2. garabandal

garabandal Powers

As I say in my post. Folks have entrenched positions.

Nothing I say or do will convince anyone to change their minds.

I don't have a problem with someone who in charity doubts it or questions it.

But when the time of the secrets come -- three days before any secret occurs they will be announced to the world and when they occur -- I will come onto this forum and start a threat called "doubt no longer"!

LOL:D

3. padraig

padraig New Member

Or,

'I told you so!'':D

4. lynnfiat

lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

Thank you for this!

5. border collie

border collie Angels

I used to be an avid pilgrim to Medj since 1986 sometimes going twice a year. I received an instant mobility healing on apparition hill in 1989 by personally and publicly rebuking stan, and can work and walk perfectly since thank God. Over the following years I discovered the main graces were to be gained in Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, so that's where I would spend most of my time. As the years progressed I used to receive a personal instruction experience from Our Lady every time I visited, this would normally start on my second day in adoration and continue right throughout the week. Most times I wouldn't understand what these instructions meant until perhaps many weeks / months later when praying into them at home. One of the last times I was there She brought me into an upper room in a school and I could see myself sitting at a desk waiting for the teacher and the subject matter to appear. This experience left me praying into it for 5 years to understand what it meant. On my last trip she told me she wouldn't call me there anymore and since then (4 years ago) I have lost all desire to return. On that last trip she also gave me a reading from Job 8:7. As in the upper room experience I had no idea what this could mean.

Roll on 5 years.
    I was invited to a Divine Will study meeting given by a well recognised and Church approved scripture scholar, whom I had never met. So here I was sitting at a desk with others and the scripture scholar. As soon as we started, I felt Our Lady saying this was what the Medj experience was all about, this person was my teacher and the subject material was the Divine Will, the reading from Job was also explained and in made perfect sense in the context of the DW. Our Lady that night also gave me a grace of understanding what the DW was all about and how to live in it, and the peace that filled me was indescribable. It was like a starter pack that lasted 6 months!
    I have often wondered why She gave me the school experience, but I read somewhere recently that Medj is known as the school of Our Lady.

Some people could say I could have received all of these graces in the comfort of my own parish Church? Perhaps I could. But I didn't, and haven't received anything like the detail of those years in Medj since.

Pray4peace, Sam and lynnfiat like this.
  6. lynnfiat

lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

7. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

Wbtw, Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I learned a lot from you in a short amount of time, you have been very, very helpful.

Waiting by the window likes this.
  8. AED

AED Powers

Thi
    s is very very powerful Border Collie. Thank you very much for sharing it with us. Beautiful witness.

Carol55 likes this.
  9. Ed Kleese

Ed Kleese Servant

+
    Try to lie for a week and keep straight what you said. Now try to lie for over 30 years and keep track of what you said. Now try having 6 people lie for over 30 years with regards to our Catholic Faith, and not contradict themselves or the dogma of our Catholic Faith. There are 6 Medjugorje visionaries. 3 have received all 10 secrets and only receive periodic visits from our Lady. The other 3 still receive daily visits. They remain orthodox.

Medjugorje has never been about the "secrets" as a main theme. To be sure they are there, but primarily to be used after they come true, as an affirmation. There is nothing new at Medjugorje. Our Lady always points to Her Son and what He did to gain us all our salvation. Jesus is the fullness of revelation and Medjugorje helps us to understand our part in His (and our) Priesthood (we all share the Baptismal Priesthood as Catholics). To focus on the "secrets" in Medjugorje is to miss the forest for the trees.

Our Lady once said in Medjugorje that in God's eyes, there is only one religion and that it was man who brought about the divisions. I don't remember the part about Her saying that all religions are the same (just my memory, not researched though). Who could argue against the fact that in God's eyes, there is only one religion. Since the beginning, He has been revealing Himself to us as He wished. After the flood, when humanity expanded greatly, God chose Abraham as our Father in Faith. Then the Hebrews got thru Moses, the name of God (I AM) and the Law, which was the most humanity could get until Jesus Himself became incarnate. With Jesus, we have all of Him, the fullness of revelation. This history of revelation is one story of one Triune God that does not change. He does invite us to grow in our understanding of Him though. One definition of Theology is ; our faith filled response to our co-present, eternal God's self-revelation through His Son Jesus Christ and the power of the Holy Spirit. In the Catholic Church, we are part of the Body of Christ Himself and everyday we ask for help to realize and fulfill our part in it.

God created no divisions in the understanding of Himself. How could He? Humanity and the evil one created and creates divisions. Even to say that humanity created divisions is wrong. To create is to act with the Creator. What humanity did was to divide and obfuscate the one Truth of the Triune God and thereby brought about different "religions". There is only one religion.

For those who are waiting for Medjugorje to be approved before believing it, that may be prudent, but I would for sure follow Galmaliel's advise not to go against it. Holy Mother Church will not and can not approve an ongoing apparition. When Mother Church tells you that you can go there safely now, what exactly do you think our Mother is saying to you? [Our Lady and our Catholic Church are practically synonyms separated only by time and our discernment (our humanly imperfect understanding, yet striving towards, God's will)]

I believe Our Lady is appearing in Medjugorje but I hold it against no one who doesn't. We can and do get all of our Jesus and His Mom at every Mass and in Eucharistic Adoration. If all the world believed and acted on this fact (the true presence in the Eucharist and the Kingdom of God being at hand) there would be no need for apparitions anywhere. Mary always comes (under the direction of our Father) to round up Her wayward children and point them back toward Her Son, who is the Way, the Truth and the Life. Our Blessed Mother's message is for us always to live a life worthy of the calling we have received in the one Lord, one Faith and one Baptism.

Peace Brothers and Sisters,
    Ed
    +

ComeSoon!, AED, lynnfiat and 3 others like this.
  10. soldier of christ

soldier of christ Principalities

11. BrianK

BrianK Resident Kook, Crank, Curmudgeon - & Mod Staff Member

Frankly I’m tired of being told not to judge this apparition site if I haven’t been there, and to just go there “to see the fruits.”

I can’t afford the go to recognized Shrines like Guadeloupe, Fatima, Lourdes, Akita etc. so why in the world would I spend a fortune I don’t have traveling to a site built on so much blatant disobedience and about which the proper church authorities have said there is no evidence of the supernatural there?

The constant response, “You just need to go there yourself” is just laughable in the face of these real Church guidelines.

12. soldier of christ

soldier of christ Principalities

If your faith is solid and you can give glory and praise to God each and every day with out a doubt you are truly the fortunate one... but if a place like Medj. can be a tool that God or the Blessed Mother can use to rekindle a fire or help bring home a lost sheep, why do we have to criticize it. If they were truly saying something against the teachings of the church, then we could say yes, you need to distant yourself. How we respond to the call of God is not a "one size fits all", just as a parent of a large family knows that you cannot treat each child the same when it comes to discipline and learning. No one says you have to believe, but don't let your criticism or dislike deny the opportunity of having a lost soul possibly find his way back to God.

13. "proper church authorities have said there is no evidence of the supernatural there?"

The clergy members who composed the Vatican Commission are Church authorities and they said that at least in the first seven days, the Virgin appeared each day.

I question the video shown in post #1 of this thread because the baby Jesus does not normally appear with the Virgin. In fact, only on Christmas day does the baby Jesus appear with His Mother and I do not think this experiment was conducted on Christmas Day. I find this video to lack credibility because of the mistakes in reporting.

Archbishop Hoser recommends going if one is able, but surely the desire to go will bring enormous blessings, too!

14. davidtlig

davidtlig Powers

This early documentary (1986) by the BBC helped me a great deal in discerning Medjugorje. The 30 years that have gone by since its broadcast have only served to confirm the authenticity of this amazing gift of the Holy Spirit.

15. Fatima

Fatima Powers

It is no secret that many, including priests and bishops, at the time of Fatima were critical of the children and of the events surrounding it and at the time of the great miracle were left out of the graces that flowed through our Lady from God's miracle on that day. All kinds of lies were told about the children and the events of Fatima while it was going on also. Yet, the children remained faithful and prayerful through all their ridicule. I see the seers of Medjugorje in the same light in a different era. As it was at Fatima, so it is with the seers of Medjugorje. The miracles are countless and so are the lies and falsehoods of those who do not want to believe. Nothing new under the sun, so they say, and so it is in this case. We won't have much longer to see the prophecies of Medugorje come to fruition.