Do you ever see halo's and more whimsical fancies.

Discussion in 'The mystical and Paranormal' started by Don_D, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Sanctus

Sanctus "Jesus I trust in you!"

I have seen tiny feathers floating before, apparently it is a sign that an angel is near. Possibly our Guardian Angel. Has anyone else ever seen this, just out of interest?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    josephite, Don_D, AED and 1 other person like this.
  2. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

Oh I have heard of this with a mystic but I can not remember her name. I just read a story about an interview of her that was underway and the interviewee was not what I would say is a skeptic but could reason away many of the things that she was explaining to him like the smell of roses or the appearance f feathers in a case that held a relic. Low and behold as they sat talking a feather floated from over him and in no way could have arrived there in any logical sense.

I will find out who it was! I bet padraig would know. :)

josephite and Sanctus like this.
  3. padraig

padraig Powers

I cannot remember but I know there is a mystic in the Phillipines who has all kinds of stuff like this are supposed to be happening with her. Includiing a glitter like gold. But I must say with iths lady there is just such a huge amount of this stuff it kind of gives me spiritual indigestion. Just too, too, too much of it.

ahhh yes her name is Emma De Guzman, several of her followers are on the forum:

4. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Guest

That would be Sondra Abrahams.
    https://www.markmallett.com/blog/2014/10/02/onangelswings/

josephite, Don_D and Sanctus like this.
  5. padraig

padraig Powers

I think to some extent the Spiritual Path is rather like that of a married couple. When they were young and courting all was excitement and touching, many events. But when much older their presence is enough for each other, much less talking and excitement. This is not to say that the romance must die , just that it takes other forms.

I think one thing we learn is that God can be most present in darkness, in His apparent non presence, in His silence.

Shae, josephite, Don_D and 3 others like this.
  6. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

Today we had the honor of praying to Our Holy Mother with the Pilgrim Fatima traveling statue at our Church. This Pilgrim statue of Our Lady has been travelling the world since 1947! When we walked into the entrance of the church there were tables setup with information regarding Fatima and all sorts of things. My eyes were immediately drawn to the Scapular sitting on the table which I promptly picked up and handed to Carol. :) The rest will come, I have faith and trust in Our Blessed Mother for this.

View attachment 6618

It was a wonderful and very moving experience praying with the Pilgrim Statue of our Blessed Mother of Fatima. Particularly because it was Our Lady of Fatima which drew my attention after I had begun to consider that the Lord had given us his Mother and us to Her as sons and daughters. I was still an evangelical then and so I had to keep this secret for a time and I spent many nights reading about anything I could find online regarding it.

So I feel a special closeness to this time at Fatima. The children who witnessed her apparitions and the entire story of their persecution, sacrifices, and Our Blessed Mothers sadness.

As we were leaving the sanctuary I quite suddenly decided that I wanted to offer up a little prayer to Saint Therese so I sent the girls on ahead. We have a beautiful statue of her in our sanctuary. I often have felt a closeness to her as well because of my illness and her story of humbly serving those around her in her little way. This resonates especially well with me because many times my illness has had me in such a state that even doing the simplest things carry excruciating pain with them.

I knelt and offered up my brief and simple prayer and the strongest odor of roses washed over me and then slowly disappeared. I was tongue tied at that point and just thanked her for her faith and the example she has given us. What a day. :)

Shae, josephite, fallen saint and 2 others like this.
  7. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

Shae and SgCatholic like this.
  8. fallen saint

fallen saint Baby steps :)

When is it OK to tell a consolation?

Interesting...it brings up the concept of should we tell or should we keep a secret. I think shae did the right thing. She told her religious community and kept the consolation secret to loved ones. The internet brings new rules and challenges to all of us. A consolation is a gift from God...a spiritual booster so we continue on our spiritual journey. A majority of the time...we should keep consolations secret in our hearts, not only for humility but for it to grow spiritually. The more consolations we retain...the greater we grow spiritually.

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."

But sometimes sharing helps others to grow. That is what makes our community special. We have a common goal...to be saints. But we really don't know each other. Our community is very spiritual at its core. The sharing of consolations between our spiritual community is actually positive. If we were all living in a religious house..,then I would be much more conservative with consolations. But our community has the veil... to protect us from lack of humility.

Such a interesting topic. I could discuss this topic for months.

Just my 2 cents.

Brother al

Shae, josephite and padraig like this.
  9. Shae

Shae Powers

Thank you your post fallen saint. It never occurred to me that I should keep it a secret. It just seemed fitting to share it with my MOG brothers and sisters since we were discussing this topic. I have learned a lot from your post, thank you:)

fallen saint likes this.