1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you believe in Medjugori

Discussion in 'GARABANDAL LIBRARY' started by sponsa Christi, May 21, 2017.

?

Do you believe in Medjugori

1. Yes

20 vote(s)
    51.3%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. I would be careful

11 vote(s)
    28.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. lynnfiat

lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

I believe! I have been to Medjugorje and felt I was in Heaven itself. You can feel the presence of God, and like Amazing Grace I smelled the scent of roses where there were none there. As I had come into the Catholic Church just a little over a year before going there, and I'm sure that Our Lady wanted me to have greater Faith, so She gave me so many signs of Her presence - beyond just the scent of roses. I went with a group called Prayer Partners that was started by Fr. Jozo because of the war going on there. I met with my prayer partner and his wonderful family, and also met with Fr. Jozo who prayed over a small group of us, that included a Nun from Ireland who went home healed of a brain tumor. It saddens my heart to know that people, Catholics in particular, do not believe She is appearing there. There have been so many fruits from Medjugorje - people coming back home to the Church - people coming into the Church from other denominations - and I know of several Priests who received their calling there. I cry as I read the posts of those who do not believe! Its so sad for Our Lord and Our Blessed Mother. All She is trying to do is to lead us into a greater prayer life, back to the Sacraments, and pray for peace in this world of turmoil. And what could be wrong with that?

Patty, Julia, davidtlig and 2 others like this.
  2. Mario

Mario Powers

Martina,

I can understand the caution that some have expressed, especially in regard to some choices made by the seers over the course of their lives as adults. The events there started just four years after my radical conversion experience in 1977. Some would suggest that if Mary was still appearing to three of the visionaries, their lives would better reflect Our Lady's influence. Their discretion and holiness should be exemplary.

But then I look at myself. How many times have I gone to confession since 1977? What about the depth of training I've received in preparation to be a deacon? How many thousands of times have I received the precious Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of our Lord Jesus Christ in Holy Communion? Yet, I still fall and make sinful choices. Just ask my wife, Geralyn. But then again, please don't!:LOL: Shouldn't my discretion and holiness be exemplary?

My family's pilgrimage to Medjugorje changed our lives. I think it best if we focus on the abundant fruits rather than the weaknesses of the seers. After all, only Laus and Medjugorje have had such prolonged apparitions.

Look to the fruits.

Safe in the Refuge of the Immaculate Heart!

Julia and josephite like this.
  3. Light

Light Angels

Lynnfiat

Another grace from Medugorje is the fact that off - shoots of the charism has grown to other sites. MS7 mentioned previously that our Lady has been appearing in Marmora, Ontario for some time. Very many have observed spinning sun, the smell of roses, incense and other miraculous phenomena.

God Bless

Byron likes this.
  4. davidtlig

davidtlig Powers

I was a bit reluctant to respond to this because it seems a bit demeaning to subject such an important matter to the worldly mechanism of a 'poll'. But then I think that we always have to bear witness whenever possible.

I remember seeing a news item about the Medjugorje events on a little black & white TV I had back in the 1980s. It just showed the children crash to the ground simultaneously and I just thought, well that certainly was not staged! I continued to read about the events there with some interest but the requests from Our Lady for prayer, prayer and more prayer struck me as a little 'over the top' for me!

At this time I was still a believer and a regular Mass goer but then things started to go downhill and some years later I stopped going to Sunday Mass although I considered myself still a believer. I went further downhill spiritually until I realised I needed help to get back on the straight and narrow. I decided to take Our Lady at her word and remembered her saying in one of her messages to the Medjugorje visionaries that if we just began to pray then she would help us to keep praying. I think I gave her a week or maybe a little longer when I forced myself to say the rosary each day.

Our Lady was true to her word and my life turned around and I was soon attending Mass again. I had never visited Medjugorje. A few years ago I did visit the place and its peacefulness was almost tangible.

The fruits of Medjugorje are simply overwhelming. That our good and holy Pope Francis can recognize the fruits but seems unable to recognize the tree that produces them astonishes me. He will recognize it one day.

Patty and Julia like this.
  5. lynnfiat

Mario,
    The lives of the visionaries from Medjugorje to me are exemplary. Not one of us living in this Vale of Tears is perfect, but we are all striving to be so. Abandoning ourselves to the Will of God at all times is what we should strive to do. I can tell you that my prayer partner in Medjugorje, his family and the people I have met who live there, live according to the Will of God for as much as is possible for us mortals. Being there myself, I can tell you I have looked at the fruits and again say - I have no doubts. God bless you.

Patty and Julia like this.
  6. lynnfiat

7. Mario

Mario Powers

Yes, lynnfiat, my family saw amazing fruits among the people in the valley, too! In fact, it was because of their example that daily family prayer became a reality in our own lives! So I do have tremendous respect for them all, including the visionaries. But with the apparitions going on now for an amazing 36 years, it's tempting for some to focus on any cracks in the foundation. :( Let's not end up throwing out the baby with the bath water!

God bless you and your loved ones, too!(y)

Thy Will, O Lord, only Thy Will be done!

Last edited: May 28, 2017
    Patty and lynnfiat like this.
  8. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Messages to Eduardo
    MESSAGE OF OUR LADY

May 13, 2017. São José dos Pinhais / PR

Peace, peace, peace, I beseech you at the end of this afternoon, my children.
    I am your Mother the Lady of the Rosary, Mystical Rose.
    It is with joy that I come down from heaven to be closer to each one of you. I love you.
    If you pray my children, peace will come upon humanity.
    Pray, pray, pray many rosaries as families and also in churches.
    I call upon each one of you once again to be part of this great army already in order for battle.
    I ask you to be witnesses to these apparitions, which are already coming to an end.
    My children, every time you come here, I your Mother have my arms open to tell you:
    - trust in my intercession.
    My children, remember today my apparition in the Cova da Iria at Fatima to the three little shepherds.
    These little shepherds who give each one of you a great example of courage, prayer and total trust in Me.
    If you do not yet have them as an example, take them as a good example today.
    Before me are these great saints.
    I invite you once again to live out my messages every day.
    Put them into practice.
    Give good testimonies as true Christians.
    Take the rosary in your hands and pray every day.
    Pray for the Pope and also for priests.
    Pray, pray, pray.
    I am very sad when I see one of you criticizing them.
    Pray and do penance for them. The evil one tempts them daily.
    My children, I am the Mystical Rose - Queen of Peace.
    Listen to my voice crying out for peace in the world.
    Pray for Venezuela, France, Mexico and Brazil, this country that I love so much.
    My son, make this message public:
    - The sign that God will give you on the mountain of Garabandal will be a warning signal to humanity. It will be a sign to call you to conversion.
    It will be a sign for the purification of men.
    The sign that God will give you on the hill of Medjugorje will be a proof of the love that I have for each one of you.
    There is no need to wait for these two great signs to convert, to turn to God.
    Return this very day to the arms of Him who loves you and wants you near to Him.
    Little children, I am here with open arms. I love you.
    Work in order that this work might grow every day, for in grace it is already immense.
    You must recognize this my children.
    Come quickly to be next to this Mother.
    I look at each of you this early evening.
    I Intercede for each one of you.
    Be bringers of peace. Sow peace wherever you go.
    Go quickly to those who do not know Me. To those who are distancing themselves from God's eyes.
    Pray, pray, pray very much, my children.
    Again I repeat:
    Do not seek God where He is not.
    Ask the Holy Spirit for discernment.
    With love I bless you in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
    Patty and lynnfiat like this.
  9. Elisa

Elisa Archangels

YES I BELIEVE IN MEDJUGORJE.
    IT TURNED ME TO GOD !

Patty, Julia, lynnfiat and 1 other person like this.
  10. Mario

Mario Powers

Thanks for the link! Utica, NY, is only 70 minutes away!

Safe in the Refuge of the Immaculate Heart!

11. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

Bang on Target there CrewDog. What more needs to be said. Except what else could we expect from an old soldier. LOL