1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you believe in Medjugori

Discussion in 'GARABANDAL LIBRARY' started by sponsa Christi, May 21, 2017.

?

Do you believe in Medjugori

1. Yes

20 vote(s)
    51.3%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. I would be careful

11 vote(s)
    28.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sponsa Christi

sponsa Christi Sponsa Christi Catholic with Baptism of desire

Do you
    Could you explain why

2. Dolours

Dolours Powers

3. sponsa Christi

Can you explain why

4. Dolours

Dolours Powers

A number of reasons. I won't go into them because it upsets some forum members who are believers in it. No point in rehashing it all again and causing a row.

Julia, little me, Clare A and 4 others like this.
  5. sponsa Christi

Okay

6. Sanctus

Sanctus "Jesus, I Trust In You!"

I believe in Medjugorje because after I visited there I had a conversion to the Catholic faith and started saying the rosary and going to mass because of what I witnessed there. For the first time ever I believed in heaven, hell and purgatory after hearing one of the visionaries talking about it. So, yes I believe in Medjugorje

Julia, lynnfiat, padraig and 3 others like this.
  7. Amazing Grace

Amazing Grace Principalities

Yes. You have to go there to understand.

lynnfiat, padraig, Bella and 2 others like this.
  8. sparrow

sparrow Archangels

Because of Medjugorje, I learned how to pray properly. I didn't even know that I wasn't doing it right until I read the first books and realized. The fruits coming out from there are wonderful. My husband visited there and saw amazing things... I will accept whatever decision the actual Church hands down on Medjugorje, but until then, I will take what is good from it...

9. I am a firm believer because of the way the visionaries have authentic joy and live there lives under immense pressures. If it wasnt from God this Apparition would be long gone.

Julia, lynnfiat, padraig and 2 others like this.
  10. Yes I believe

11. fallen saint

fallen saint Baby steps :)

I am torn between the two. I think something happened but not sure if it was all good.

:(

Macadamia and AED like this.
  12. CrewDog

CrewDog Guest

I don't believe or disbelieve in Medjugorje, Garabandal, Akita or any other NOT approved apparition, prophecy or seer. I will certainly hear and see what's there and think about it. If they sound reasonable to me and appear to help others "Along There Way" all fine and good. I'll hold final judgement until the Church approves or condemns. I do believe in APPROVED apparitions, prophecy or seers... BUT .... REMEMBER! .... The Church does NOT require ANYONE to believe in the above but only asserts that The Church considers the approved ones worthy of belief. My biggest problem is folks that become so obsessed with some NOT approved "item" that they broadcast their beliefs as if "written in stone", don't advertize that the "item" is NOT approved and become angry, argumentative and down right nasty when others point out the NOT approved status. We have plenty of approved "items" so why waste time on NOT approved ....Eh!!!??
    Personally, I think The Divine Mercy Message is where it's at .... especially "These days".

GOD SAVE ALL HERE!!

Julia, AED, MMM and 2 others like this.
  13. Fatima

Fatima Powers

It is simple, "by their fruits you shall know them". Medjugorje has all the fruits of the Holy Spirit.

lynnfiat, padraig and Sanctus like this.
  14. MMM

MMM Principalities

I am 50/50. I, like most, look for something that speaks to me. The spirit of the apparition has to grab me/move me in some way toward greater strides in my faith journey. I've read the approved first 7-10 days of Medjugorje messages twice recently and find them uninspiring if not down right odd. Clearly many are inspired by Medjugorje and some Garabandal but they offer little to me (Garabandal essentially zero). Maybe I need to go to these locations but why if don't feel drawn? The 35 years of messages are repetitive although faithfully accurate.

Besides the obvious fruit of Medjugorje for some what does it offer me? Secrets? More secrets! arrr! Why? To keep me hanging on for the great announcements and signs etc.? What, besides potential unhealthy curiosity do these secrets offer from either sight? Supposedly they are to prove them authentic eventually and warn us of impending events. To me it seems they are more to keep people interested in them. If I was a betting man I would bet no secret will be announced ahead of any events, ever.

I tend to agree with Crewdog on DM. Even the approved apparitions of Fatima is steeped in controversy over the 3rd secret and Russian consecration. But Divine Mercy became so embraced by the church it has it's own feast day. (agreed it was steeped in it's own controversy originally and took 65 years) A message so powerful that, under the right conditions, the remitting of all punishment from sins! And the message and painting which I hang proudly in my family room, Jesus, I Trust in You!! And I don't have to travel to some far off land to experience it!!

I agree consecration to Jesus through Mary is an assured way to finding salvation in our time. It's clear Mary's role is vital and taking her on as our mother is the surest way to navigate the storm.

Clare A, AED and Dolours like this.
  15. Patty

Patty Angels

I have followed the apparitions of Medjugorje since they began and have believed in them after seeing those children's faces all looking at the same spot above them. The messages have all been good and encouraging us to pray more and especially to pray for priest. I never had the opportunity to go there but used to live in Alabama and was present one night in the field next to where Maria was staying after donating her kidney to her brother. She had a lovely Christmas message from Our Lady for us. children of medjugorje.jpg

lynnfiat and Sanctus like this.
  16. Frodo

Frodo Angels

Used to think they were credible at one point - deep down if I was honest I still hope they are true I guess, though I pretty much have written it off for good. Sometimes I found that it is better to think through a situation instead of "feel" through it. The kicker for me was one of the seers flinching when someone made a threatening motion towards their face and later saying she was trying to catch the baby Jesus because she thought Our Lady was going to drop Him... :confused: Not sure how to explain that one away.

BrianK and Clare A like this.
  17. Light

Light Angels

Frodo

I have never been there, but I can't ignore the incredible results it has so far produced. Very many people come back with a changed outlook and a renewed spirit.

I do believe 100% it comes from God.

God Bless

18. josephite

josephite Powers

What happened to you specifically Amazing Grace, while you were there at Medjugorje!

It would be great to know what this special understanding is?

Was it a healing or a special grace?

Please Tell!

19. Amazing Grace

Amazing Grace Principalities

The peace was unbelievable. The smell of roses was everywhere and followed me home. I recovered and was doing well until last November.

20. Martina

Martina Pray Hope and don't worry: Padre Pio

Im more on the fence but leaning more on the no camp. To many discrepancies. Although many have been converted and many seemingly wonderful things have happened there. It's the occasional whopper that's thrown in now and again just here and there over the years it sounds a bit like heresy. Satan's greatest achievement is decipt. Of course it has to appear to be wonderful and look genuine, but be careful the disobedience and the heresy and the money making venture the Vatican put a stop to when the seers said Our Lady would appear on command basically, it was being treated like a pay per view when they took their show on the road. Lavish lifestyles as well of certain seers I've heard, but I'm not sure if that is true. To many questionable events.
    All I know satan is very clever he has to keep those who believe on board and encourage newcomers then he suggests heresy, that's all he needs to succeed. So I would say be careful be very very careful.

Clare A, fallen saint and Dolours like this.