1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Do not awake me Im a sleep

Discussion in 'Scriptural Thoughts' started by "Quis ut Deus", Jul 7, 2017.

1. Ive had the feeling over the past week or so that the recent behavior of the english/welsh/scotish parliaments reguarding abortion laws in n.ireland have tipped the scale some what on Gods wrath i have a deep deep feeling that they have awoke a Goliath that they will regret its just a deep feeling woe to them ..I keep getting the song
    Táimse im Chodladh ( do not awake me I am asleep) which I associate with St Patrick

Arise my loyal family and take up your weapons
    -I am asleep and don't waken me-
    And level to the ground every English clown.
    If only three survive, let there be shouts of triumph in all your towns;
    From Carrick-on-Suir west to the banks of Dingle
    Raise your blades and give the English their own treachery;

and sung beautifully..

To explain my feelings more deeply, from I was born I witnessed the spilling of innocent blood at the hands of a foreign nation in my homeland and prayed for a day when peace would prevail, I had great comfort when I heard a story that Our Lady of mount melleray had said that peace would come to N.Ireland, this was true but Our lady added that it would be a false peace,,is Our Holy mother referring too the recent turn of events,, is it in fact now the shedding of innocent blood in the womb,, alas a nation that was not content in shedding Irish Blood has now arisen and waged war again on Ireland's unborn,, I have pity on the wrath that God will unfold on this blood thirsty nation soon..:(:(

Indy, Adoremus and AED like this.
  2. maryrose

maryrose Powers

Yes this turn of events is truly awful but I am disgusted with the nationalist parties that want abortion and gay marriage legalised in N I and the republic. We have lost our saltiness and are fit to be thrown out.

HeavenlyHosts, Dolours and AED like this.
  3. AED

AED Archangels

The most chilling l
    The most chilling line in this powerful prayer poem is "don't wake me--I am sleeping". This is the state of so many Catholic souls in the US and Ireland and Europe. Thank God Northern Ireland is resisting. Thank God they are awake. I pray your resistance stems this evil tide coming toward your land.

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  4. CrewDog

CrewDog Powers

Speaking of Time to Wake the **** Up!! I think that Patrice does a pretty good job of explaining "What's - What" to young people and misguided older people ... including the "Leadership" and all too many clergy of The Church .... Catholic & Protestant .... and Jewish too!! :(

"14 LESSONS FOR STUPID PEOPLE"
    Exclusive: Patrice Lewis attempts to educate anti-capitalists protesting G20 summit

http://www.wnd.com/2017/07/14-lessons-for-stupid-people/

Patrice sounds like somebody that would be a great neighbor ... especially.... "these days"!!! http://www.patricelewis.com/index.html

GOD SAVE ALL HERE!!

SgCatholic and CathyG like this.