1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Did Saint Francis Predict Pope Francis?

Discussion in 'Church Critique' started by Mac, Nov 14, 2017.

1. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

If someone is concerned about a pretty far fetched future time that will be mostly nothing but division and personal preferences only for any belief system, then such a prediction itself would offer the beginning of such a future.....in that it would lend itself to the very division predicted with everyone finding reason to be suspicion of every future Pope from that point on....as he just might "be the one"! Human nature.....esp. when it can latch on to some favorite icon as the basis for a personal, while uneducated, doubt.

I think such a time was already predicted by a real source:

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires;

Carol55 and padraig like this.
  2. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

I agree with you Carol. If this prophecy is indeed a true one, then I definitely think it refers to the End Times.

Carol55 likes this.
  3. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

(y)(y)(y)

I think the above quote is exactly where we are at now.

Carol55, Light, sterph and 1 other person like this.
  4. padraig

padraig New Member

It's true several recent Popes have forecast what is occurring at the moment as indeed has Scripture itself and Our Blessed Lady herself in several apparitions.

But of course it is one thing to read and hear about such things and to be actually going through them. I still feel such a sense of unreality. But, as has been mentioned it is a great, great honour to live at such a time of huge testing.

But it really is a huge, huge test, we need to be constantly praying for the strength to endure for the Wisdom to discern good from evil. It is a bit like being a Captain in a ship in very,strange , very,very dangerous waters.

It reminds me of the Legend of Ulysees and the voice of the Sirens; the beautiful mermaids who lured men to their deaths.. The devil has been given great, great power by our consent to sin and we here his Siren voice amongst those who are evil in the very highest rank in the Church. they are singing to us very, beautiful lies.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    Light and Praetorian like this.
  5. Aviso

Aviso Angels

Hi Mac, my good Friend, I can confirm the Prophecy of Saint Francis without any doubt, I was myself in Contact last year with French members of the Saint Francis Apostolate and they confirm to me that The Prophecy of Saint Francis was related to the end of times and to a Pope which will be known as a Destroyer, de facto our good friend Ferrara is right (Chris knows where to ask or where to check if necessary before writting any new article online), thank you.

Mac likes this.
  6. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Here's a link to the book in pdf format: http://www.saintsbooks.net/books/St. Francis of Assisi - Works of the Seraphic Father.pdf

The prophecy starts half way down page 258. A footnote on page 25o reads:

"Mark of Lisbon and others think that this prophecy received its accomplishment in the great schism which desolated the Church after the election of Urban Vl in the year 1378. But it may also partially refer to other calamities which have befallen the Church in the latter ages."

The book was published in 1882. Evidently whoever wrote the footnote believed that the prophecy was authentic and clearly people at that time weren't convinced that the prophecy had been fulfilled in the 14th century.

Mac, Carol55 and BrianK like this.
  7. Carol55

Carol55 Powers

I am still reading through the comments on Christopher Ferrara's article about this prophecy,
    https://remnantnewspaper.com/web/in...m/3541-did-saint-francis-predict-pope-francis

I just came across the following post which I pray gives us more hope.

It is the prophecy from a son of Saint Francis, the blessed Tomasuccio of Foligno 14th century, that follows the "destroyer" prophecy.

A link to the prophecy is included at the bottom of the post.

It appears to be a prophecy of the Holy Pope who begins a period of renewal and peace?, the who one comes from Italy but outside of Rome?,

[​IMG]
    Jacques Dumon
    2 months ago
    Another prophecy, of a son of Saint Francis the blessed Tomasuccio of Foligno, fits well to give us hope of a renewal of the Church once the Destroyer will be chased away:
    "One from beyond the mountains shall become the Vicar Of God. Religious and clerics shall take part in this change.
    Outside the true path, there will be only disreputable men; I shrug my shoulders when the Bark of Peter is in danger and there is no one to lend it help...The schismatic shall fall into the scorn of the Italian faithful..." By about twelve years shall the millennium have passed [2012 A.D.] when the resplendent mantle of legitimate power shall emerge from the shadows where it was being kept by the schism. And beyond harm from the one [the usurper antipope] who is blocking the door of salvation, for his deceitful schism shall have come to an end. And the mass of the faithful shall attach itself to the worthy Shepherd, who shall extricate each one from error and restore to the Church its beauty. He shall renew it."
    (Prophecy of *Blessed Tomasuccio de Foligno, Profezie, 14th Century)

https://archive.org/details...