1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Diary of St. Faustina Kowalska - free book

Discussion in 'Books, movies, links, websites.' started by mariafransisca11, Aug 7, 2011.

1. mariafransisca11

mariafransisca11 New Member

You can download the book here
    http://www.saintsworks.net/books/St.%20Faustina%20Kowalska%20-%20Diary.pdf

+ One day Jesus told me that He would cause a chastisement to fall upon the most beautiful
    city in our country [probably Warsaw]. This chastisement would be that with which God had
    punished Sodom and Gomorrah.[27] I saw the great wrath of God and a shudder pierced my
    heart. I prayed in silence.After a moment, Jesus said to me, My child, unite yourself
    closely to Me during the Sacrifice and offer My Blood and My Wounds to My Father
    in expiation for the sins of that city. Repeat this without interruption throughout
    the entire Holy Mass. Do this for seven days. On the seventh day I saw Jesus in a
    bright cloud and began to beg Him to look upon the city and upon our whole country. Jesus
    looked [down] graciously. When I saw the kindness of' Jesus, I began to beg His blessing.
    Immediately Jesus said, For your sake I bless the entire country. And He made a big
    sign of the cross over our country. Seeing the goodness of God, a great joy filled my soul.
    40 +The year 1929. Once during Holy Mass, I felt in a very special way the closeness of God,
    although I tried to turn away and escape from Him. On several occasions I have run away
    from God because I did not want to be a victim of the evil spirit; since others have told me,
    more than once, that such is the case. And this incertitude lasted for quite some time.
    During Holy Mass, before Communion, we had the renewal of vows. When we had left our
    kneelers and had started to recite the formula for the vows, Jesus appeared suddenly at my
    side clad in a white garment with a golden girdle around His waist, and He said to me, I
    give you eternal love that your purity may be untarnished and as a sign that you
    will never be subject to temptations against purity. Jesus took off His golden cincture
    and tied it around my waist.

[​IMG]

You can read the book by adobe acrobat reader
    http://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/

Beth B likes this.
  2. MomsCalling

MomsCalling Principalities

Thanks, interesting you should post this right NOW...God is doing something here.
    Friday night, (well, actually yesterday morning at about 3:30 am), I went to bed, and as I got ready to say my prayers, I noticed my copy of St. Faustina's diary on top of the headboard. I bought it two Medjugorje Conferences ago at Notre Dame Univ. I perhaps leafed through it a bit, but though I had good intentions, I have never actually read it. Oh, I have read many bits and pieces of her diary online and know many of the important parts, and once I did try to read the whole diary online but found it too daunting, so I thought a paper copy would be easier. A couple months ago I ran across the book again, buried with some other books from the conferences and put it on the headboard. And there it sat. So now, for some reason, it had my attention. Just for fun, I decided to open it and read whatever page it opened to, you know, like how we do with the Bible sometimes to try to get some insight. Well, I opened the book and this is what I read:

852 - "Today the Lord's gaze shot through me suddenly, like lightning. At once, I came to know the tiniest specks in my soul, and knowing the depths of my misery, I fell to my knees and begged the Lord's pardon, and with great trust I immersed myself in His infinite mercy. Such knowledge does not depress me nor keep me away from the Lord, but rather it
    arouses in my soul greater love and boundless trust. The repentance of my heart is linked to
    love. These extraordinary flashes from the Lord educate my soul. O sweet rays of God,
    enlighten me to the most secret depth, for I want to arrive at the greatest possible purity of
    heart and soul."

So, what do you think of that? :shock:

I meant to post this yesterday but the EWTN episode sidetracked me. I was going to type it out from the book. So now today this copy of her diary link was here just for me and all I had to do was click on it and copy the entry! Is God saying something to me here, or to us? Is this a confirmation that we are getting close to the warning as we suspect?

I'll tell you what I felt after reading this and getting over the shock. The part that has stuck with me is "Such knowledge does not depress me nor keep me away from the Lord, but rather it arouses in my soul greater love and boundless trust." Like He was saying to me, "This is how you should accept the warning". Also, it's like he is reminding us that we are not the first to go through this, many saints have before us, like St. Faustina. It will just be the first time that EVERYONE will go through it all at once. I marked this page in the diary. I think I should study this paragraph and put it in my heart, so I can remember it when it happens to me and quote it to others when they need to understand what they are feeling.
    We need to trust in His Mercy and love!

Beth B likes this.
  3. mariafransisca11

mariafransisca11 New Member

Hi, I think the words of Faustina really can touch hearts.

I myself am changed by reading the Diary, I know the mercy of God.

The Diary is my favorite book, amongst other saints works.

God bless you

Beth B likes this.
  4. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

I have just returned from a beautiful Divine Mercy retreat. Even when you think you know it's message, there is so much more to it than you can take in with one read.
    We need to constantly spread its message....there are so many out there who have lost hope....in their salvation....we all need to own it's message. Thank you for the link for the diary.....many would not seek to buy it, but this allows those very people to access it. We can share it on social media too.