1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Deleted thread? can someone help

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by josephite, Dec 26, 2016.

1. josephite

josephite Powers

Hi Guys,

Yesterday there was a thread started by a searching hindu individual, named Moaa.

Today I can’t find the thread!

It was not the most popular thread as threads go, however I was engaged, answering moaa's many questions about the Catholic faith as best I could.

I remember in my last post addressed to moaa, I suggested he speak to a Catholic priest as his questions required greater and more personal input than what I or anyone was able to give on the net; I also suggested he pray a beautiful prayer to Our Lady!

Does anyone know if the thread was deleted? and for what reason?

2. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

I glanced at the thread. If it has been removed it was a good thing.

josephite and BrianK like this.
  3. BrianK

BrianK Resident Kook, Crank, Curmudgeon - & Mod

I didn't get the impression Moaa was searching for the truth and open to it as much as (gasp!) proselytizing the "dumb Catholics." As such I don't think the thread was appropriate here.

josephite likes this.
  4. josephite

josephite Powers

Thank you both,
    I know that moaa did seem to become irritated by some of the facts abou the Hindu faith but he kept asking questions and the possibility that he was genuinely searching took presidence in my mind.
    I thought maybe he had answered my last post in the affirmative, but then again he very well may have become even more irritated! so probably a good call to delete the thread.

Mac and BrianK like this.
  5. Dolours

Dolours Powers

I was very impressed by the way you handled yourself on that thread. I actually learned something from your responses to that guy. It's probably no harm that the thread was deleted because he was getting quite nasty. He was here to proselytise and was a very poor apologist for his faith.

josephite likes this.
  6. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

I saw that thread too, don't know if it is deleted. But I was so impressed with the way you engaged in the discussion and you are so well informed. WOW!
    I thought what you stated would be a very good read for anyone searching Christianity in sincerity. Moaa came across as a nutter. But I don't know much about those religions other than the false gods aspect.

Dolours and josephite like this.
  7. josephite

josephite Powers

Thank you Dolours,
    Over the years when my children have asked questions regarding the faith, I found that I can easily answer emotively which really does no good to Our Lords work and no good for either person in the debate.

I've learnt the hard way, so to speak (especially when insulted), to remain focused on the heart of the issues trying to address only the core of their questions.

However, there are many times I mess this up!

All for God! and only ever with Him. So May it always be. Amen

Dolours likes this.
  8. josephite

josephite Powers

Thank you Julia,
    The only reason I know something about those religions is through research! When my last few children attended our Catholic school system here in Australia and the curriculum bizarrely changed, where all the catholic students (in Catholic schools, who were not given a very well rounded Catholic education, to start with) were now required to study all faiths!?

I knew I needed an understanding of these other faiths, if I was to have any credibility when engaging in conversaion with my children on these matters.

The Lord is good! my children don't normally debate me now, they prefer to look at me as one, who is somewhat fanatical!

I consider this a blessing and I know God is looking after them! All in His time!

Julia likes this.
  9. Lourdes

Lourdes New Member

I think the thread is deleted. But it looks like he/she started a new one.

josephite likes this.
  10. padraig

padraig New Member

I did not delete it. Nor am I aware of anyone else having done so. I hope it is still about and can be found...and the dialogue resumed.

11. padraig

padraig New Member

Ah well time for mass.

josephite likes this.
  12. Glenn

Glenn Powers Staff Member

I deleted it after multiple angry requests.

Lourdes, Mac and josephite like this.
  13. josephite

josephite Powers

Thank you Glenn!

Lourdes pointed out moaa was back and had another post.

I read this new post of moaa's hoping to find a more evolved intelligent question however, moaa was stating the very same falsehoods he initially stated!

Why do this? especially as these falsehoods had already been addressed and debunked?

I don't believe moaa is sincere in his search for truth.