1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

Could we the laity, petition Pope Frances?

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by josephite, Jan 14, 2018.

1. josephite

josephite Powers

Could we the laity show our numbers with a petition?
    While we continue to pray and sacrifice!

A petition could be written by someone at the remnant or life site news or any number of you good people here who have good sound theological knowledge!

The petition could state something like.......

We the faithful Catholics of the world! Have grave concerns which include
    the current interpretations of AL,
    using basilicas to host lunches,
    giving awards to women that fund and operate abortion mills
    etc,
    etc,
    etc,
    etc,
    Therefore we the Faithful Catholic Majority stand by the 4 dubia cardinals and the other cardinals that are now asking for clarification of the current papal encyclical and we humbly and sincerely ask your Holiness to answer the dubia and etc, etc, etc,

The petition would need to be distributed to all countries, via the internet and through Catholic newspapers etc.

Older Catholics of our parishes could be included, if we could organise and formulate a plan of taking the petition to our Sunday masses [with our Bishops approval of course] and if we don't get approval in some diocese than we could advertise in local newspapers or even stand on the church street, so those that want to sign could do so.

We would need to organise this to be completed before the next synod, and gather these signatures from the entire Catholic world and deliver to Pope Frances via a convoy of trucks, that file into the Vatican on a set date with the media in attendance!

I think if Pope Francis knew how many ordinary Catholics love their faith and believe in true Catholic teaching, he may give pause before, continuing his current agenda!

I know this is most probably a crazy unworkable idea and possibly very childish.

Well there you have it, a crazy idea! that is not just prayer and sacrifice but also action!

Could it be done?

David Healy, sterph and Don_D like this.
  2. Jarg

Jarg Archangels

The petition from the laity actually exist - it was started by Steve Skojec from onepeterfive

https://www.change.org/p/petition-s...ity-for-the-filial-correction-of-pope-francis

On September 23, 2017, an international group of Catholic clergy and lay scholars issued a public correction of Pope Francis:

“Most Holy Father,” the letter begins, “With profound grief, but moved by fidelity to our Lord Jesus Christ, by love for the Church and for the papacy, and by filial devotion toward yourself, we are compelled to address a correction to Your Holiness on account of the propagation of heresies effected by the apostolic exhortation Amoris laetitia and by other words, deeds and omissions of Your Holiness.”

The full title of the document is Correctio filialis de haeresibus propagatis, which is translated as “A filial correction concerning the propagation of heresies.” It states, according to the authors, “that the pope has, by his Apostolic Exhortation Amoris laetitia, and by other, related, words, deeds and omissions, effectively upheld 7 heretical positions about marriage, the moral life, and the reception of the sacraments, and has caused these heretical opinions to spread in the Catholic Church.”

To read more about this document, go here.

Because it appears that the authors of the document intended to include only the signatures of credentialed theologians, pastors, and scholars who could add the weight of their academic expertise to the cause, we have created this petition to be signed by any and every member of the laity, no matter their station in life, in support of their effort. We, too, believe that we must "protect our fellow Catholics – and those outside the Church, from whom the key of knowledge must not be taken away (cf. Lk. 11:52) – hoping to prevent the further spread of doctrines which tend of themselves to the profaning of all the sacraments and the subversion of the Law of God."

This is an informal petition of support of this effort, but every voice counts. Every signature matters. We hope you will join us in lending our own voices to this noble and worthy effort to defend Our Lord Jesus Christ, His divinely revealed truths, and the teachings of our Holy Mother Church.

josephite, HeavenlyHosts and sterph like this.
  3. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

I am all for another petition Josephite. In fact there is little more we can do. But it is true there have already been many petitions by laity, theologians, clergy etc. and they are ignored or at least no visible answer is given to them.

Still if one is written up it can't hurt.

I think what has to happen is there needs to be a much more organized response to what is happening. There are many groups fighting the same battle, but there is not enough cohesion.

josephite and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  4. Fatima

Fatima Powers

I don't think Pope Francis would change his thinking if millions petitioned him. He won't listen to Pharisees, legalistic, rigid etc...Catholics. I am hoping prayer and fasting will make a difference.

josephite and Julia like this.
  5. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

I signed the petition from the Muslim converts to Catholicism ( we are welcome to sign it) to ask Pope Francis to stop promoting islam. I posted a link to an article in the Pope Francis thread. It appears the Pope won't listen to muslims who convert, strange when you think he gave apartments to muslims a year or so ago, of course they were not converting from their false gods.

As for signing petitions, I honestly don't think if makes any difference, no one bothers these days to pay any attention to the sheeple except of course when it is time to fleece them.

Just keep Watching and Praying, we can hope with certain confidence in the Lord hearing us and responding in His way and His time, and He will listen, bless Him; especially since those He has placed over us pay no heed to our worries and concerns.

Carol55 and josephite like this.
  6. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Maranatha

I agree.