Coronavirus

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by garabandal, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Fatima

Fatima Powers

I have a jersey cow that I have been milking for 6 years now. They give the richest and most cream of all cows breeds. After calving they give 3 gallons in the morning and 3 gallons in the evening for the first 6-8 months, then a bit less until next calving a year later. Best site for info on raw milk and all its vitamins and nutrients is www.realmilk.com

Here is what she looks like
    [​IMG]
    THE FACTS ABOUT REAL RAW MILK

Booklady, Beth B, Indy and 5 others like this.
  2. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

The risk with unpasteurised milk is of contracting brucellosis or bovine tuberculosis. In Ireland, the former has been eradicated, while the risks of contracting the latter are not very high. Nevertheless, one should be aware of these risks.

Dolours and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  3. Dolours

Dolours Guest

When I was a child we got our milk from a nearby farm. There were a few farms in the area but my mother insisted that we only get our milk from one particular farm because that was the only one she trusted. Sometimes she would send me for the milk and I would watch the cows being milked. One of the farm workers would get a great laugh out of squirting the milk at me. The milk certainly didn't do us any harm and regulations are more strict now. Nevertheless, there are health risks to drinking unpasteurised milk: https://www.fda.gov/food/buy-store-...pasteurized-milk-can-pose-serious-health-risk

djmoforegon and DeGaulle like this.
  4. Mary's child

Mary's child Powers

:) We drink our milk raw from our goats.

Sam, DeGaulle, sunburst and 3 others like this.
  5. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

That's what I grew up on.

Mary's child likes this.
  6. Dolours

Dolours Guest

It is possible to buy raw milk in Ireland. There's a list of suppliers and retailers on this website: http://rawmilkireland.com/

7. Mario

Mario Powers

Tuesday evening our little church (sits 200 max) celebrated a High Latin Mass with new organ, choir, lots of incense, many candles, beautiful vestments, and with the altar railing from 40 years ago re-installed. The original tabernacle was center stage. A young priest ordained just 2 years ago came up from Syracuse to pray the Mass. Our pastor could have celebrated it but I think he's been training a couple of young priests on the side.:barefoot: It had been 55 years since I'd experienced a Mass such as this!

Now I've been to a few low TLMs down in Syracuse the last two years, but to be honest, I was not greatly moved. Authentic participation still rings true for me, but...beauty ranks even higher. And this Holy Mass was BEAUTIFUL.

A beautiful Liturgy for me is like contemplative prayer. I can simply soak in the grace, then rest and adore. For my mind understands the truth that is spoken without cognitively grasping each word; better yet, the Holy Spirit paints the picture of all Heaven falling down before the Lamb that is slain for our sins! And in my heart of hearts I too was prostrate!

O Mary most Beautiful, pray for us who have recourse to thee!

sterph, Beth B, Sam and 11 others like this.
  8. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Great description of the Holy of Holies, and your feelings about it. Thank you. I can identify with my soul being at rest and adoring God during a TLM, too. Sometimes I feel so quieted that I can’t describe it in words. Rapt?

Beth B, Sam, DeGaulle and 4 others like this.
  9. Mario

Mario Powers

And in the Church Hall afterwards, we enjoyed a great feast!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Yet, kneeling earlier at the railing waiting to receive the King of Kings on my tongue (not even having to say "Amen!" because Father said it) was very special. And I think some of the older parishioners wept to see the railing up once more, separating the Holy of Holies. It hit home for them.

Súpplices te rogámus, omnípotens Deus, iube hæc perférri per manus sancti Angeli tui in sublíme altáre tuum, in conspéctu divínæ maiestátis tuæ: ut quotquot osculatur Altare, ex hac altáris participatióne sacrosánctum Fílii tui iungit manus, et signat semel super hostiam, et semel super calicem, Cor [​IMG] pus et Sán [​IMG] guinem sumpsérimus, seipsum signat, dicens: omni benedictióne cælésti et grátia repleámur. Iungit manus. Per eúndem Christum Dóminum nostrum. Amen.
    [​IMG]
    Humbly we beseech Thee, almighty God, to command that these our offerings be carried by the hands of Thy holy Angel to Thine Altar on high, in the sight of Thy divine Majesty, so that those of us who shall receive the most sacred Body [​IMG] and Blood [​IMG] of Thy Son by partaking thereof from this Altar may be filled with every grace and heavenly blessing: Through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.

Sam, DeGaulle, BrianK and 4 others like this.
  10. padraig

padraig Powers

Yes I had forgotten about the beauty of good liturgy. It brings me back to my childhood, so many happy memories. Iit is only now I can see what we lost. A good Liturgy is the door way to heaven.

Beth B, Sam, AED and 4 others like this.
  11. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

I think President trumps presser today on the virus and US preparedness steps went very well. Seems that the media wants to see him rattled but he was calm and collected and reiterated that his decision to early on stop some flights from coming into the US likely helped to keep the numbers down. I think he's doing a great job, It was only a month ago that the WA Post was accusing him of overreacting to the virus.

Beth B, Sam, Jo M and 5 others like this.
  12. AED

AED Powers

Totally agree. NWO media and politicos are trying to use it as yet another weapon to beat him up. By now it is just so obvious.

13. AED

AED Powers

"What we lost..." there is a world of meaning in that. Someday I hope we all return to the magnificent true worship of the Church--the glorioustraditional Latin Mass. "The closest thing to heaven on earth" Dis Chesterton say that? Someone did but csnt remember.

14. padraig

padraig Powers

https://apnews.com/7798e17a789737aa0760ec66efd6ac5d

Pope cancels visit with Rome priests for ‘slight’ illness

[​IMG]

VATICAN CITY (AP) — Pope Francis is sick and skipped a planned Mass with Rome clergy across town on Thursday, officials said.

The Vatican said the 83-year-old pontiff had a “slight indisposition” and would proceed with the rest of his planned work on Thursday. But Francis “preferred to stay near Santa Marta,” the Vatican hotel where he lives.

There was no word from the Vatican about the nature of his illness, but the pope was seen coughing and blowing his nose during the Ash Wednesday Mass. It comes amid an outbreak of the coronavirus in Italy that has sickened more than 400 people, almost all of them in the north. Rome had three cases, but all three were cured.

[​IMG]

Francis had been scheduled to go to the St. John Lateran basilica across town to meet with Rome clergy and celebrate a penitential Mass at the start of Lent. Francis is bishop of Rome, but delegates the day-to-day running of the archdiocese to a vicar.

The Argentine pope has generally enjoyed good health. He lost part of one lung as a young man because of a respiratory illness, and suffers from sciatica, which makes walking difficult.

Francis has had a busy schedule lately, including his public general audience on Wednesday and the Ash Wednesday service later in the day in a Roman basilica.

During the audience, Francis made a point to shake hands with the faithful in the front row, kissed a baby during his popemobile spin through St. Peter’s Square and greeted visiting bishops at the end. The prelates, however, appeared to be refraining from kissing his ring or embracing him, as they normally would do.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
  15. Carol55

Carol55 Ave Maria

16. garabandal

garabandal Powers

17. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

According to ZeroHedge, the Iranian ambassador to the Vatican has just died. Rather ominous. Expect a mass clerical exodus from Rome and very quickly.

Carol55, Jo M, HeavenlyHosts and 3 others like this.
  18. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    DeGaulle, Jo M and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  19. AED

AED Powers

Yikes. And the Pope is under the weather? Gulp.

Beth B, Jo M, HeavenlyHosts and 2 others like this.
  20. Sam

Sam Powers

I have been wondering if there was a name saint to pray for my grandson Rocco and received this in my email today. It seems he is the patron saint to invoke against plagues.

Saint Rocco is venerated in the Roman Catholic Church as the protector against the plague and all contagious diseases. Here is a prayer for his intercession.

O Great St. Rocco, deliver us,we beseech thee,
    from the scourges of God;
    through thy Intercessory,
    preserve our bodies from contagious diseases,
    and our souls from the contagion of sin.
    Obtain for us salubrious air;
    but, above all, purity of heart.
    Assist us to make good use of health,
    to bear suffering with patience;
    and, after thy example,
    to live in the practice of penance and charity,
    that we may one day enjoy the happiness
    which thou has merited by thy virtues. Amen

St. Rocco, pray for us (say three times)

Saint Roch - Wikipedia

djmoforegon, padraig, Carol55 and 4 others like this.